• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MA1 for Worlds is FULL!!!

MA1 Player Statistics

According to the PDGA.com Registration List for the Am Worlds, which I dumped into Excel the All-Calculating... and which tells me there are only 286 registered, which means 2 people are in limbo somewhere...

Average Rating: 930.049
Median Rating: 931.5

Highest Rated Player in the Field: 998
Lowest Rated Player in the Field: 811

Ratings Distribution:
<900: 29 players
900-934: 128 players
935-969: 114 players
970+: 15 players

US States with no players represented: 19
US States with the most players represented, and average ratings for those players:
NC (83 @ 934.4)
TX (24 @ 922.0)
MI (18 @ 930.8)
SC (16 @ 921.1)
CA (12 @ 951.8)
IL (12 @ 939.3)
WA (12 @ 939.0)
PA (11 @ 924.7)
VA (11 @ 930.7)

For better look at the field maybe knock off the lowest 10 and the highest 10 and then do the averages? Maybe even do like 5% or 10% off both ends.

preach it-- these peeps posting from NC are mouthy guys arent they. i guess when they have a fake QB in newton who smiles big and talks like a fool, that all of NC gotta talk big as well.. we will soon see how real there 970+ rated players really play when out of towners come into town to play there courses.. CANT WAIT

Go Giants!

preach it-- these peeps posting from NC are mouthy guys arent they. i guess when they have a fake QB in newton who smiles big and talks like a fool, that all of NC gotta talk big as well.. we will soon see how real there 970+ rated players really play when out of towners come into town to play there courses.. CANT WAIT

Well my name is Mark Huether, it would be more fun to know the actual name of the person that is going to whip up on me. Its "their," by the way.

points incentivize players to play more thereby sending more dinero to the ORG. improving the computer system would cost the ORG dinero...

You know, upon further review, this can be easily addressed.

Get rid of the current "points" thing. Redefine points (for qualifying for Worlds) as:
* Rating, or
* Number of PDGA Events Completed (with Rating as a tie-breaker), or
* Something in-between, by weighting Rating and # of events. For instance, make Points = Rating + (Events x 2). Obviously you could use anything for a multiplier, depending on how much you want to value participation.

In this way, you get rid of all the current division nonsense, you reward higher ratings, but you still allay Biscoe's fears of less participation.

You know, upon further review, this can be easily addressed.

Get rid of the current "points" thing. Redefine points (for qualifying for Worlds) as:
* Rating, or
* Number of PDGA Events Completed (with Rating as a tie-breaker), or
* Something in-between, by weighting Rating and # of events. For instance, make Points = Rating + (Events x 2). Obviously you could use anything for a multiplier, depending on how much you want to value participation.

In this way, you get rid of all the current division nonsense, you reward higher ratings, but you still allay Biscoe's fears of less participation.

i have no fears of lesser participation- i could care less at this point how much cash gets funneled to the black hole in georgia. i doubt graham and co. feel the same way however.

Ha ha. Sorry, Biscoe's "point" and channeled reasoning, not his personal fear. I didn't think those reasons really sounded like "you" talking.

Last edited:
Well my name is Mark Huether, it would be more fun to know the actual name of the person that is going to whip up on me. It's "their," by the way.

FTFY so you were less hypocritical.

there wouldn't be a waitlist if there weren't so many baggers playing am. and on their home courses. taking spots away from the actual ams. :popcorn:

I'm coming from Memphis for my third consecutive Am Worlds.

I'm a 949 rated Am who plays 90% of his rated rounds away from home at large A Tiers or majors (STL Open, First Class Challenge, BG, Worlds last year) because we don't have PDGA events practically ever in Memphis . We held a B-tier last year and I TD'd it so I didn't get rated rounds at that one. So, there are many players like me who pay a full membership and play less than 5 events a year and have deceptive ratings because I think it's clearly an advantage to get your ratings on your local courses.

Also - I'm just excited to compete on arguably the best courses in the world. I stopped in Charlotte on the way to Rochester, NY last year and loved playing the Nest. All this nonsense about Paul and whining is counterproductive to the event. I competed against Wiggins at BG and Worlds three years ago and I enjoyed witnessing his talent on the course. I spoke briefly with you Mark last year after a couple rounds and enjoyed talking with your Dad as well. We followed you one round when I caddied for Cam (started in C pool before earning a spot in A pool on Wednesday).

This Charlotte versus the out-of-towners junk is silly. I'm looking forward to world-class competition and the pro jump from am has been this way as long as I can recall. The reason I like playing the large events is all of the good amateur competition. Anyone who wins this event will deserve it and they'll have to beat a large group of future professionals. Paul, Garrett, Scott, or whoever... It's not going to be easy for anyone. I certainly don't expect anyone to walk away with it like Wiggins did (won by more than 30 sticks I think)...

I will say this. I finished 56th in 2010 and 41st in 2011. I planned on finishing better each year, but with the larger field and the strong local field, it might be tough to break top 40 for this 32-year public high school teacher...

Robby Uhrman

I'm coming from Memphis for my third consecutive Am Worlds.

I'm a 949 rated Am who plays 90% of his rated rounds away from home at large A Tiers or majors (STL Open, First Class Challenge, BG, Worlds last year) because we don't have PDGA events practically ever in Memphis . We held a B-tier last year and I TD'd it so I didn't get rated rounds at that one. So, there are many players like me who pay a full membership and play less than 5 events a year and have deceptive ratings because I think it's clearly an advantage to get your ratings on your local courses.

Also - I'm just excited to compete on arguably the best courses in the world. I stopped in Charlotte on the way to Rochester, NY last year and loved playing the Nest. All this nonsense about Paul and whining is counterproductive to the event. I competed against Wiggins at BG and Worlds three years ago and I enjoyed witnessing his talent on the course. I spoke briefly with you Mark last year after a couple rounds and enjoyed talking with your Dad as well. We followed you one round when I caddied for Cam (started in C pool before earning a spot in A pool on Wednesday).

This Charlotte versus the out-of-towners junk is silly. I'm looking forward to world-class competition and the pro jump from am has been this way as long as I can recall. The reason I like playing the large events is all of the good amateur competition. Anyone who wins this event will deserve it and they'll have to beat a large group of future professionals. Paul, Garrett, Scott, or whoever... It's not going to be easy for anyone. I certainly don't expect anyone to walk away with it like Wiggins did (won by more than 30 sticks I think)...

I will say this. I finished 56th in 2010 and 41st in 2011. I planned on finishing better each year, but with the larger field and the strong local field, it might be tough to break top 40 for this 32-year public high school teacher...

Robby Uhrman

remember to cradle the sak.

I'm excited to see these Charlotte haters get eaten alive by our courses. Wish advanced wasn't full so I could witness it first hand. Instead I'm gonna play open in the hopes that enough overflow amateurs play open that I'll have a snowballs chance in hell at cashing.

I'm excited to see these Charlotte haters get eaten alive by our courses. Wish advanced wasn't full so I could witness it first hand. Instead I'm gonna play open in the hopes that enough overflow amateurs play open that I'll have a snowballs chance in hell at cashing.

Blah Blah Blah NC.. lol Norcals commin and Hells commin with us!! lol

Let's just wait and see what happens, then everyone can talk ****.

But of course that would be logical, oh well. :(