• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maine Road Trip

funguy

Birdie Member
Planning a DG road trip in a few weeks. Any recommendations for courses that are playing well between Portland and Augusta?

Already played: Sabbaths, Devil's Grove, Acker's Acres, and Dragan Field.

Assuming you don't want to repeat the ones you've already played, there's still plenty to play between Portland and Augusta.

North to south up the I-95 corridor
Bittersweet Ridge, North Yarmouth - 2 courses
Pineland Farms, New Gloucester - 2 courses
Stevens Mountain View, Turner
CR Farm, West Gardiner
Augusta Golf Park, Augusta - 2 courses (Quarry Run and Ghost Tree)
Porcupine Ridge, Vassalboro

Can't really go wrong with any of them.

The three bears (Black, Grizzly, Kodiak) are really good. I just played them recently and I can't remeber the name of the place they were, but they are on here. Their pro shop has some gems there, just gotta look hard.

The three bears (Black, Grizzly, Kodiak) are really good. I just played them recently and I can't remeber the name of the place they were, but they are on here. Their pro shop has some gems there, just gotta look hard.

Woodland Valley in Limerick. Bit south and west of Portland and I didn't think it fit the criteria, otherwise I'd have included it for sure.

On a tangential note, I'm going to be making a trip out there soon. I have Sabattus as one of my must plays, but if only able to play one course (or complex) in Maine, is there another course I should be shooting for instead?