• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maine?

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I am heading up to Maine might have time for 1 day of all DG....seems like everything is rated high up there...so either its all good or its home boy bias big time...anyone with any ideas would be helpful....I dont care for pay to play but it seems to be the way up there. I dont want to go toooo far north..I am looking at Sabattus just because they have a huge disc golf basket sculpture...yeah guys I need some direction!

Sabattus is in my top 2 with 2 great courses and amenities. It is pay to play but so much worth it!

what about the bennett paintball place DG course? Looks nice on the course page...

oh, and is everything pay to pay in NE? Seems that way from my searching...

Must be nice to travel so much.

haha. "Tell me more about this Gold TR status?"

Hey Guys, I live in Maine and play all the courses within 60 minutes of Portland. Check my profile to see which I haven't played. I think we have a fantastic variety of disc golf choices that could rival any other state.

Top 5:
1. Sabattus Disc Golf - fantastic pro shop, manicured grounds, the Eagle is a great challenge and the hawk is a fun medium difficulty course. 100% worth the trip.

2. Woodland Valley Disc Golf (Limerick, ME) - another fantastic pro shop, great people, two full 18s and the Grizzly is equal in difficulty to the Eagle at SDG.

3. Dragan Disc Golf (Auburn, ME) - Single 18 hole course but super variety in terrain. You'll use all your throws and there's a good mix of wooded / open holes.

4. Acker's Acres (Bowdoinham, ME) - Extremely well maintained 30 hole course (6 holes shared between two courses). Played here for the first time last weekend and really enjoyed it. Mostly in the woods but fairways are well shaped and there are good lanes (no huck & hope).

5. I go back and forth on this but probably Enman Field in Brunswick, ME. Two full 18 hole courses. Play the beauty to go low, play the Beast for a great challenge.

Latest posts