• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Making a Discmania Bag

Gmtata01

Eagle Member
Wanting to make a Discmania bag:

I want your thoughts on what I should Bag, the less discs the better. I am a mold minimalist. Only 14 spots in my bag.

I currently throw these to get an idea

2 Mcpro avairs
1 XT Nova
2 champ and Mcpro Roc3
1 champ Mako3
1 MF Teebird
2 champ Thunderbird
1 champ Monster
4 star Destroyer

P2 as a putting putter
MD3 to replace Roc3s
MD to replace Mako3
S-FD to replace Leo3
C-FD2 to replace MF TeeBird
S-PD to replace Thunderbird
PD2 to replace Monster
I assume that your Destroyers are all different stabilities so I would suggest a S-PD2, P-PD2, C or S DDx, and a DD2 to replace the Destroyers.

If I knew more about the stabilities of a particular mold I would be able to help you better.

I want your thoughts on what I should Bag, the less discs the better. I am a mold minimalist. Only 14 spots in my bag.

I currently throw these to get an idea

2 Mcpro avairs
1 XT Nova
2 champ and Mcpro Roc3
1 champ Mako3
1 MF Teebird
2 champ Thunderbird
1 champ Monster
4 star Destroyer
Easy

P2 x2
P1
MD
MD3 x2
S-FD
FD2
S-PD and C-PD
FD3 - metal flake
PD2 - C line, S line and P line (one overstable and one straight to fade)
DDx - C line and S line

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
why? their is often a near replica between d and i. their made in the same place.

you need to compliment what you have.

it would be like I throw dynamic disc but want to go to an all lat 64 bag kind of thing.

figure out what you need than try to fill with discmania to improve your bag. otherwise you will be doing yourself a disservice.

What would you add discmania wise to my current bag? Im open to making changes, but wanting to have as few molds as possible. Thanks

What would you add discmania wise to my current bag? Im open to making changes, but wanting to have as few molds as possible. Thanks
I'm not sure the stability of your thunderbirds, but the CD2 flies like a beat PD or Thunderbird out of the box.

Also, an OS slower disc will probably help your game a lot. Something like a zone or harp. But for discmania, a P2 works well as a slightly OS approach disc.

PD's that are beefy to nicely seasoned P-line can cover 2-3 molds in my opinion.

2 Mcpro avairs - P-Line P2
1 XT Nova - there is no substitute; Nova is a unique disc.
2 champ and Mcpro Roc3 - Champ MD3 is pretty much a beadless Roc3; very similar flights.
1 champ Mako3 - might try an MD, but I found the MD to be "meh"
1 MF Teebird - FD2? But there really is no substitute
2 champ Thunderbird - The FD3 or CD2, but you're kind of in-between.
1 champ Monster - PD? PDx?
4 star Destroyer - is between DDx and PD2, so consider one of them.

This thread is making me realize just how many of Discmania's discs fall in between Innova's lineup. They compliment each other. Not a lot of replication, which makes your task of switching from all of one to all of the other quite difficult. You should be able to get there by wearing in discs to wear you want them, though.

P2 as a putting putter
MD3 to replace Roc3s
MD to replace Mako3
S-FD to replace Leo3
C-FD2 to replace MF TeeBird
S-PD to replace Thunderbird
PD2 to replace Monster
I assume that your Destroyers are all different stabilities so I would suggest a S-PD2, P-PD2, C or S DDx, and a DD2 to replace the Destroyers.

If I knew more about the stabilities of a particular mold I would be able to help you better.

pretty much what I would suggest, but I would say SFD for L3, 2nd run FD2 for the MF TB ( I havent thrown the FD2), and this is entirely bias on my part but if it were me, my Discmania bag wouldnt be complete without a FD3. Love that disc. And based on the slew of Thunderbirds I've thrown, Id say a P PD would be closer to a Thunderbird.

No love for the GM (Gremlin)? Does anyone throw them?

Feels and looks like a sharper Gator. I would pair the two if I threw either. This would never happen because if I was making a Discmania/Innova bag I'd be bagging the PA3, which is like a pop top Zone, so I wouldn't need a Gator. This would also never happen, because I love my Zone.

I guess this doesn't really help you OP since you're a mold minimalist and don't have a disc in the slot of super OS putter/mid.

2 Mcpro Aviars-P2 of some sort. Really depends on whic run of whichever plastic you get
1 XT Nova- S-P1
2 champ and Mcpro Roc3- C-MD3, P-MD3
1 champ Mako3- C-MD
1 MF Teebird- C-FD2
2 champ Thunderbird- C-CD2 and a C-PD
1 champ Monster- Metal Flake FD3
4 star Destroyer[/QUOTE]- C-PD2, S-PD2, P-PD2, S- DD2

I would be comfortable running this Discmania lineup(and I carry nearly the same innova lineup)

Thanks all I am thinking about mixing and matching Innova and Discmania After much discussion on this thread:

2 Star Destroyer Max D/Overstable
1 S Line DDX Straight
1 Champ Monster Utility/Hyzer Bomb
2 Champ Thunderbird Overstable/Control Fairway
2 S/C Line FD Straight/Understable
2 Mcpro Roc3 Straight to overstable
1 Champ Mako3 Straight to Understable
1 XT NOVA Driving Putter
2 Mcpro Aviars Main Putter

Possibly Adding:

1 S Line P2

Thanks all I am thinking about mixing and matching Innova and Discmania After much discussion on this thread:

2 Star Destroyer Max D/Overstable
1 S Line DDX Straight
1 Champ Monster Utility/Hyzer Bomb
2 Champ Thunderbird Overstable/Control Fairway
2 S/C Line FD Straight/Understable
2 Mcpro Roc3 Straight to overstable
1 Champ Mako3 Straight to Understable
1 XT NOVA Driving Putter
2 Mcpro Aviars Main Putter

Possibly Adding:

1 S Line P2

Looks pretty solid. Only thing I would suggest, is if you have a seasoned McPro Roc3, you might not need to add a Mako3. Unless you have a Mako3 thats also beat in then carry on! I probably wouldnt rely on a Nova for my only driving putter either. I dont know the courses you play but IME, they have one task and one task only - straight stand still shots, no turn, no fade.

Latest posts