• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Mamba gone flippy

Is this a joke? The Mamba (in any plastic) is one of the flippiest drivers Innova makes ... it has a -5 turn and is in no way intended to hold spike hyzers or any hyzers.

No its not a joke it was just to illustrate how flippy it has become. Seriously if thrown flat it quickly turns into a roll. I have never had a champion plastic wear so fast

It didn't become flippy - it's a flippy driver rated 11/6/-5/1; it's now flying like it should (likely because you wore the flashing off). Throwing a Mamba flat and hard should result in a roller. It sounds like you want an 11/6/-2(or -3)/1 in Innova terms.

No its not a joke it was just to illustrate how flippy it has become. Seriously if thrown flat it quickly turns into a roll. I have never had a champion plastic wear so fast

With the Mamba now playing the role of your understable distance driver (tailwinds, long hyzer-flip turnovers, rollers), you want to find a disc of similar speed to the Mamba that flies straight on hyzer-flips, I'd suggest the Archon, Krait, or the Beast if you are comfortable throwing Innova. As with your Mamba, you'll notice that in premium plastic any disc will fly with more stability at first, then wear in to it's charted flight.

It didn't become flippy - it's a flippy driver rated 11/6/-5/1; it's now flying like it should (likely because you wore the flashing off). Throwing a Mamba flat and hard should result in a roller. It sounds like you want an 11/6/-2(or -3)/1 in Innova terms.

He's right, but it doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I bag a 150 Champ Mamba that is a great utility disc, no joke. Mine is flippy as hell, but I can still make that disc dance on some long straight lines.....assuming there isn't a headwind. You should stick with it and use that flippiness to your advantage. just work on varying your release angles.

Might try a Hysteria or Sword as a replacement they start out very stable on a BH rip but beat in to about the disc your wanting.

The Mamba is a fine disc but it's very easily overpowered. My buddy with a noodle arm loves his, but if your flipping it that easily it's just not quite right for what you want your results to be.

Mamba is one of my main drivers, but I play at 7000'+ elevation usually. I bag a protostar and a MF. Season them and experiment with different release angles.

If all else fails, you can send it to me :p

Mamba is one of my main drivers, but I play at 7000'+ elevation usually. I bag a protostar and a MF. Season them and experiment with different release angles.

If all else fails, you can send it to me :p

I keep my flippers in a box until I play at our local mountain course at 6,600'. Some discs have more elevation-based contrast then others. For instance, I can't get fade on my DX Wolf at sea level unless I wing down almost vertical and give it 40' of air and even then, it's like 5' at the last few seconds before landing but at 6,600' it has zero turn.

B4 I lost my 175g mamba I could make it land upside down without exerting myself. Its just one of those discs that gets nasty flippy. i.e. dx stingray

I keep my flippers in a box until I play at our local mountain course at 6,600'. Some discs have more elevation-based contrast then others. For instance, I can't get fade on my DX Wolf at sea level unless I wing down almost vertical and give it 40' of air and even then, it's like 5' at the last few seconds before landing but at 6,600' it has zero turn.
Agreed.
I have a beat to crap protostar Mamba that I hyzerflip straight to fade, s curve, or hold a turnover line at my elevation.
When I played in GBO (Emporia, KS) or in Phoenix the same disc is nearly unusable.

Okay I know I posted a reply a bit ago, but I just threw the new Yikun Hu. This is the disc you need. It comes in a Z like durable plastic and out of the box has some great glide a slight turn and reliable but minimal fade.

Should wear into that Mamba like turn you need.

I don't have a great BH and Max at 350-370 with my Katana buti was hitting the middle of the fairway with it at about 325 every time. I even threw it on a hyzer flick and got nearly 400 out of it.

Can't wait to try it in a round.

Latest posts