• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marketplace Entry Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've already got a crown, so I don't care : )

Seriously, though, $5 a year to post sales threads is not bad by any means. I recently got involved with the PIF thread in the VIP lounge, and even though I was a newby they were willing to trust me because I had paid for a crown, so they figured I likely wasn't trying to rip them off. I see it working exactly the same on the marketplace.

What's PIF? Thanks.

What's PIF? Thanks.

Pay it Forward. A thread to "dibs" discs that you may use, and then list a disc for someone else to dib. It can be quite fun sometimes, and you get a chance to try plastic you might not hae ve the money for at the time.he

It's located in the VIP Lounge, that you need at least a silver crown (15.00) to enter.

Pay it Forward. A thread to "dibs" discs that you may use, and then list a disc for someone else to dib. It can be quite fun sometimes, and you get a chance to try plastic you might not hae ve the money for at the time.he

It's located in the VIP Lounge, that you need at least a silver crown (15.00) to enter.

Interesting, I may have to get that silver crown and see what it's all about.

^ Good idea, you'd be killing two birds with one stone. Access to VIP, AND ability to make your own MP threads.

I like the idea of paying to be allowed to trade through the site, although I have yet to have any issues, I can see where once you pay for the option to trade through the site there may be some responsibility involved by the site for traders being burned.

. . . As long as the site retains it's quality . . .

Lulz

I came here for the marketplace actually.

Same here. I was always a DGR lurker until I realized how much larger this MP was. Ended up being an avid poster here because I was dealing with a lot more people who knew a lot less about the sport and the science behind it. When I want information, I go to DGR. When I wanna socialize/HOD/troll/BST, I'm here:)

The issue I have with this is that it seems meretricious. Scammers are just as likely to operate, if not more so, under this guise of security the fee assumes. And/or the quality of the MP remains largely unchanged and/or the MP becomes drastically reduced to only ardent sellers peddling boutique plastic.

Good use of a good word:thmbup:

Hey guys.... it'll still be FREE to VIEW mp threads and PURCHASE from the threads posted

This needs to be repeated again.

cheapest postage is $2.80 + shipping supplies...

where are you shipping discs for $2.50? . . .

I ship one disc for $2.50 or less all of the time...manila envelope, sharpie, and packing tape - I use the "self checkout" computerized mailer in the PO lobby.

this site has made me a smarter and better golfer. the marketplace has made me a lot of money(and cost me a lot of money) and has made it possible for me to find what i want when i want it. ive also met some great people through this site. i think $5 is a silly low price to pay.

This also needs to be repeated.

I have been contemplating paying the $15 for the same reasons fishmich wrote. I have obtained lots of discs and sold many more. And hey, I just officially got a formal new job offer today! So what the heck. Paypal coming timg. Thanks for the awesome website!(my gf however hates you.... :D )
----Yes, made the edit window and I am now a paying member!

Last edited:
LOLOLOL.....

Come the F*** on people.

You do realize you are complaining over having to pay slightly over 1 penny per day right? lolol.

Get the F*** real.

I paid the $15 to support the site after moving a decent sized stack of plastic. it's worth it, havent done much but browse the VIP but works been thick for the past month/two.

I didnt read all 15 pages but will follks w/o the $5 crown be able to post wanted? or possibly make that another section?

I paid the $15 to support the site after moving a decent sized stack of plastic. it's worth it, havent done much but browse the VIP but works been thick for the past month/two.

I didnt read all 15 pages but will follks w/o the $5 crown be able to post wanted? or possibly make that another section?

I didn't read it all either, I just read the first couple and saw people complaining and decided to let them no how ridiculous it was to complain about .013 cents per day lol.

You don't have to have a $5 crown, you just need to have a minimum of the $5 crown. If you do not have a crown, you can not make a new thread in the mp, if you have any crown you can.

I did read it all, as you can see by my numerous quotes lol...no they would not be able to make any type of thread in the MP. People who do not pay the $5 (or more if they choose) will be able to post in threads and view them, just not create their own.

Can we please start paying $5 to be able to use the search feature?

...after all that uses bandwith.

And maybe we could start paying $5 to post in the regional meet section too!

I mean its really Just $5! And this way it'll help keep things safer! I don't want some pedophile posing as a disc golf player meeting up with me to play only to rob me and who knows what else!

Timg, if you can do it so we can get cool crowns in customized colors!
Would be totally radical Nash!
...And you'd be a few dollars closer to that Ferrari ;)

I didn't read it all either, I just read the first couple and saw people complaining and decided to let them no how ridiculous it was to complain about .013 cents per day lol.

You don't have to have a $5 crown, you just need to have a minimum of the $5 crown. If you do not have a crown, you can not make a new thread in the mp, if you have any crown you can.

I think people that make spelling and grammar mistakes should have to pay $5 a year to post on this site. After all, TimG is awesome for giving us this awesome site, the least we can do is use correct grammar and spelling.

By the way guys, for the low, low price of $5, I'm selling bottled "Freedom Air" fresh from NC. Sure, you've been breathing your local air for years, but how safe is it really? For $5 a bottle, you can have air that is probably safer because you spent money for it.

TheArnoldPalmer and BrotherDave should PM each other awesome ideas that are completely related to this discussion.

$5 to send pm's sounds like a good idea, I like it timg! I like it!
I will make a special exception for you. Seems you owe me $15 so far based on your fabulous ideas. Just get a silver crown and you're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts