• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

So this is a long and old thread, but I have a matrix question. I bought my first one many years ago. A Proton. It's dead straight and not what I was expecting at all. Like -0.5/0.5. I recently wanted to set up an all MVP/Axion mid lineup and bought a new Neutron. Holy cow that thing is stable. Like 0/3 easily. Did the mold change over the years?

I think there must have been some sort of tweak. I have a super early proton as well and it's basically just straight, hint of turn tiny fade as you describe. The one I got in the gyro box in late 2021 is really pearly and nice feeling but it's got way more fade. I kind of like that about it, but if you were expecting something else that's alarming.

The electron ones seem pretty mellow and straight though.

Well the molding facility definitely changed. Now that everything is in house and they have "more consistency" they are consistently popping out some beefy versions of old favourites.