• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

May 7th - Shot Down in Flames 2011 - *Moved to Channahon*

AcesandChains

Birdie Member
Shot Down in Flames - AMs only event - May 7th

Two 18+ hole rounds at Shorewood for a total of 36+ holes in this tournament. This is an Amatuer only event. I had a lot of players asking me for a tournament at Shorewood last year, so here it is. And what better course to host an Ams Only event?

Shorewood is one of the most popular disc golf courses in the Joliet Area. It is a short course, but technical, and very well suited to an Ams only tournament. Big arms aren't necessary, but touch and control are definitely key here.

This tournament will fill up. Pre-registration is highly recommended. Our last tournament filled by end of day on Thursday, so please don't wait till the last minute.

Pre-registration is available here:

http://www.acesandchains.com/node/439

and in person at the store. Store address is 1706 W. Jefferson St., Joliet, IL. Pre-registration closes at 7pm Friday, May 6th. Registration the day of the event is an additional $10, if there are spots available.

Registration/Check-in will be open from 8am-9am. Players meeting at approx. 9:15am, and tee off at approx. 9:30am.

Both rounds will be played from the short tees.

man, why does every single day tournament gotta be on saturday? you're missing alot! of people with saturday only tournaments. alot of people are servers, most will not give up the saturday $$$ shift to play a tourny. i have like 4 friends who are dying to go play a tourn but all of them are servers who will only go on sundays.

if you ever have a sunday tournament ill be there.

I'm planning on coming out,

But seriously, don't let Phil play novice again. His last 4 round ratings have been like 890.

I'll be there for sure. I have to sign up in the next week or two when I get paid. Hopefully this one doesn't fill.up right away.

Lol at Phil. Just beat him then you wont have to play novice with him anymore.
:D

Sounds like fun, hopefully Ashleigh and I can make it out. @ WCG: that ace pot's going to be split for sure :p

Lindsay and I are signed up. Had a blast at the last tourney, sure this one will fill up fast! :thmbup:

Ace Pots

We had a CTP playoff for the ace pot at the last tournament, so there is no carry over for the ace fund. If no one hits an ace at Shot Down in Flames, then we'll do a CTP for it at the end of the day.

There were a few players from First Flight that I will ask to move up. They aren't rated yet, but obviously should be playing up at least one more division. Don't worry, I'm on that...

Sunday tournaments

Also, most of my tournaments are two days long, so you'll have plenty of chances to play on Sunday. And not everyone follows the same format, so if your division is still played on Saturday in my tournaments, there is bound to be a TD who is running a two day tournament with your division on Sunday.

You will find that a lot of the early tournaments are single days on Saturday. There are a lot of good reasons for this. It is expensive to put together a tournament, so there is risk involved for the TD. Saturday almost always gets more players, and that is why almost all one day tournaments are on Saturday.

Lastly, you do know that Mothers Day is on Sunday right? Shame on you for even thinking of playing a tournament on HER day. ;?)

Female players wanted!

For the second tournament in a row, I have an early registrant in the Women's Intermediate division. This time for Shot Down in Flames 2011. Could this be the start of a trend?

So I'm putting out the call (challenge?) to all the female players in the area to come out and play. Come out and share the comraderie of competition with your fellow female players.

For the second tournament in a row, I have an early registrant in the Women's Intermediate division. This time for Shot Down in Flames 2011. Could this be the start of a trend?

So I'm putting out the call (challenge?) to all the female players in the area to come out and play. Come out and share the comraderie of competition with your fellow female players.

That's my wife; she is all about tourneys. Heck, without her I would have never done my first tourney, or found this website, or a lot of stuff.

But, no local women are active on these boards, at all. You might have better luck going through j-town. Someone approached her at Highland about an all-female league last year, and I believe that was during a j-town league.

What will happen with the women divisions, just curious for my friend. I see one women playing int. womens, two rec womens, and the girl i know playing adv. womens. Will they just merge the womens divs. together if there is a low turnout in each division? What division does ashleigh play, Adv.?
Let me know more about this if you can patrick. Thanks

She's rated just inside the rec women range (until the next update) so she usually picks whatever division has the most people. She usually would pick intermediate, that's where all her recent rounds put her, but she'd rather have a bigger division than play against herself for a trophy.

Latest posts