• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

May 7th - Shot Down in Flames 2011 - *Moved to Channahon*

I will be more than willing to play advanced. I'm more comfortable playing intermediate, but I don't want to play in a division alone, and I'd like to be in the same division as Ashleigh, who I personally think is better than me, but I could use the challenge! Jacob, thank you for the props on my midrange forehand, but remember, I have NO backhand! I'm looking forward to shorewood though, as it should fit my style well. I'll actually have a chance at getting my first ace.

Sweet, you're actually rated higher than Ashleigh is, but her rounds at Highland in her last tournament were right around your rating, and Colleen is only rated 15-20 points higher so it should be good and competitive.

Have fun everybody :)

I'll be out at the McNaughton Open...playing Open :eek:
So I'll have to catch the next J-Town touney....wish me luck!

We stopped by the shop today and signed up, should be fun. We got a couple rounds in, the course is in decent shape other than a pond on the left side of 2 by the mando tree.

I must have missed ya mash, I was out there today as well.

We played two rounds, were probably there from a little after 2 until 5:30ish.

I probably got there just as you were leaving then. Tisk tisk mash, you know you're supposed to let me know when you're in the area :p

We took Ashleigh's brother and his girlfriend out today, so we didn't want to slow anyone else down with new players. I might be out there thursday or friday afternoon around 4-5, I'll let you guys know.

haha, surge and I just looked it up,

those are both about 950 rated rounds, gtfo with your "poorly"

Yeah, but I bet a stroke is worth more than 10 points on a low SSA course, probably more like 12-14.

Then click the links mr. super moderator.

-4 and -5 have been rated around 950 in several of those tournaments :p we researched

Well, I'll just be happy with my scores then :D. That's a course where you always feel like you left strokes out there, so many holes are birdieable, but it's also easy to drop strokes in a hurry on several.

every hole there is birdieable, except hole 2, for me at least. It's the only one left that I haven't birdied.

still can't believe I dueced every hole at west park before I did at shorewood.

Yep me too. Hole two is the only one I've yet to deuce. -4 & -5 was bad for you haha. That's what I normally shoot there, although I know I can do better. But is be happy with two 930+ rated rounds there. :D

I've gotten close on a hyzer flip, but the really beat gazelle I had luck with is at the bottom of a lake in Georgia and my backup isn't quite that beat yet.

I had a run at it with a voodoo last sunday when surge and I played there, but I just barreeelllyyy knicked the mando tree and shot into the pool of water.

That water was pretty deep in spots, hopefully it dries up some by next weekend.

Latest posts