• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

May 7th - Shot Down in Flames 2011 - *Moved to Channahon*

forecast says its supposed to be nice for most of the week, minus a 50% chance for rain thursday.

Pre-register!

Once again, registration is filling up faster than last year. Please don't wait too long to Pre-register. I had to turn a lot of players away at First Flight. Pre-reg is available here:

http://www.acesandchains.com/node/439

List of players preregistered:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/69422

Stamped discs available for this tournament include Glo Champion Leopards, Champion TeeRex-X's, Glo KC Pro Aviars, Champion Eagle +'s, and Glo San Marino Roc's.

temp baskets?

Someone earlier in the thread asked about temp baskets (sorry, had a long weekend and didn't get a chance to check this board till this morning.)

My plan is to have two temp baskets for Shorewood. These will mirror what J-Town did at the double's league first week in Shorewood this year.

Weather man only shows a few passing T-storms between now and Saturday. We're getting some sun this week too, so hopefully, any water will dry up.

saying a chance of rain for saturday. hopefully this week will be windy so the 'rain' can blow past us like it did saturday/yesterday

weather

Yup. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Weather man says .06 inches of precipitation on Saturday. Sounds like a passing shower to me. If that holds true, it'll be great weather for this time of year.

Also I love all the work you do with these tourneys partick. Including getting the scores up the same night. Played a tourney in valpo on Saturday and nothing is still posted at all. Big props to you and your team!!

out of curiousity since this thread is seeing some eyes. what was the players pack supposed to consist of for the first flight tourney. all i ended up with was 3 sheets of paper (other tourneys/swap meet/something else), a mini, and some sort of poster. was there a voucher or something that i missed or something else that should have been in there?

POST NUMBER 1000~!!!!

Last edited:
First Flight Players Pack

First Flight Players Pack was:

Aces and Chains mini
First Flight Poster (w/Gordo, the first monkey in space.)
Micro Fiber towel

There were also some flyers for my tournaments, the swap meet, etc. And, yes, I did include some Pizza Hut coupons as a favor for the local Pizza Hut by me. ;?)

Shot Down's Player Pack will be a simple $10 Ace card (ie: funny money).

Thanks!

Also I love all the work you do with these tourneys partick. Including getting the scores up the same night. Played a tourney in valpo on Saturday and nothing is still posted at all. Big props to you and your team!!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the compliment.

I do try to run a great tournament. There is a lot of work, and there is always something that falls thru the cracks, or that I feel I/we could have done better. The more help I get, the easier it is to run a great tournament. So, I would be remiss here if I took all the credit. First Flights team was:

Mike Kursell: Did all the great artwork for the tourney, including, but not limited to: Tourney stamp for the glo Destroyers and Firebirds, Poster artwork and printing, custom scorecard for FF/Highland Park, fantastic trophies made from scratch. Seemed like whenever something needed to be done in preparation, Mike was there asking me if he could do it. He also made the logo for my shop and tweaked that artwork for T-shirts for the grand opening. Almost all of those things are beyond my skill level.

Jon Boster: Always there to help me, no matter what I need. Can't say enough about this guy. He helps me at the shop. He helps me at tournaments. I know he's my sponsored Pro, but he gives as good as he gets and then some.

Cory Clements: I can always depend on Cory to be there tournament day to help with Pre-reg, check-in, and whatever needs to be done thru the day. In a word, Cory is dependable. Sounds boring doesn't it? But, I don't have to worry about him showing up. That is priceless!

Jason Riley: I turned around at one of my tournaments last year to find Jason helping with the scoreboard. He's been my official keeper of the leaderboard ever since. One more thing I don't have to worry about!

That's my team. They deserve a lot of kudos for helping me out. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to thank them once again!

Please note that there are a lot of other people who also make my tournaments (and everyone else's possible.) I'm talking about the J-town crew, Frank Grimes, Gary Lewis, and countless other volunteers who install, improve, and do upkeep on all our courses. Thanks to everyone who helps out in their own way.

Course condition

Drove by to look at the course, and it appears to be drying out nicely. The standing water on two is completely gone, and the mud is starting to dry up. Hopefully, we won't get much more rain between now and then.

39 players so far. 3 different women's divisions with 6 players signed up. Also have one Jr Boys (under 13) who would really like some competition.

Shorewood changed to Channahon!

I have big news........HUGE news. Frankly, you're not going to believe it.

The Village of Shorewood denied my park permit today.

I want to give a HUGE thanks to Frank Grimes and Ellen Macuiba at the Channahon Park District for saving this tournament and allowing me to move it over to Channahon. Frank, as always, a huge thank you from me for switching gears and allowing me to put the tournament at Channy. I know this creates some work for you that you weren't counting on, and you were a class act when I called you to ask the favor. Ellen, I can't tell you how much of a relief it was when you agreed to give me the permit for Channy. Both of you save me, and my tournament, and I won't forget it!

Thanks Frank and Ellen!!!

Tournament moved to Channahon!

Let me just repeat that:

The Shorewood tournament has been moved to Channahon!

Same day, same time. Please spread the word.

Latest posts