• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Aviar

I had orange (peach), yellow, magenta, and black 1Xs. They are pre-1132 stamped and very firm. I bought two blues in the 2X (one's dark blue, the other light blue) stamp, and they are both softer (more pliable flightplate) than any of the 1Xs I had.

Thanks tbird, do you still have any of the 1xs? Were all the colors the same stiffness?

They were all the same stiffness with the blacks feeling different to me. I heard that they felt better after a bath, but I never got around to trying it. I do have a few 1Xs, yes. I think I have a few blacks and maybe one yellow. I preferred the yellows to the others, but all the colors felt pretty close to one another.

I had orange (peach), yellow, magenta, and black 1Xs. They are pre-1132 stamped and very firm. I bought two blues in the 2X (one's dark blue, the other light blue) stamp, and they are both softer (more pliable flightplate) than any of the 1Xs I had.

Agreed with this 100% It was the first thing that I noticed when I went through our box of them. Definately softer than the first run. To me these are more like a slightly stiffer DX than KC plastic.

My black mcpros have been great since day one. I think it is all in the eye of the beholder. As for cracking...hitting trees in freezing/colder conditions w/ a hard disc always makes the disc more prone to cracking whether black, purple, pink, etc. Color shouldnt matter.

They were all the same stiffness with the blacks feeling different to me. I heard that they felt better after a bath, but I never got around to trying it. I do have a few 1Xs, yes. I think I have a few blacks and maybe one yellow. I preferred the yellows to the others, but all the colors felt pretty close to one another.

Yeah the 2xs aren't as stiff as I'd hoped for. I'd be willing to do some trading if you wanna come off any of the first runs.

Anyone have a first run and a 2x? If so are there differences in the stiffness or feel?
i have several first run mcpros (magenta & orange) and just picked up two of the 2x in black.

i think the flightplate feels a bit different on the new ones. maybe a tiny bit thinner or something. purely anecdotal.

loving this disc though. my magenta first run has seasoned in so nicely over the year. the plastic really has a nice smooth but grippy feel. switched it out for one of the 2x's to see if i can get the plastic to the same state of wear.

So there are first runs without a bottom stamp and first runs with the 1132 bottom stamp, correct? Are these the same besides the stamp?

Not what I was hoping to hear :( I'm wanting to try a stiffer putter than my classic hard judges and I ordered a 2x mcpro. Guess these are on the softer side than the 1x?

I ordered 3 McPro's 2X that came in today. I can't wait to start using them so I can knock the slickness off of them. Other than that, I think they are great feeling putters!

How would these compare to Voodoo's?

I was thinking of just getting some of the McPro's just to mess around with and put in my Discraft/Innova Only bag.

How would these compare to Voodoo's?

I was thinking of just getting some of the McPro's just to mess around with and put in my Discraft/Innova Only bag.

Probably would be closer to warlocks.
I would argue that regardless of your "one/two company bag", it would be wise to at least keep your voodoos as your putting putter. Remain familiar with them. There's no reason for a company based bag unless 1) you're sponsored 2) for fun/just want to blow $ on discs. If you are comfortable with voodoos. Keep using them :thmbup:

I would argue that regardless of your "one/two company bag", it would be wise to at least keep your voodoos as your putting putter. Remain familiar with them. There's no reason for a company based bag unless 1) you're sponsored 2) for fun/just want to blow $ on discs. If you are comfortable with voodoos. Keep using them :thmbup:

You are probably right man.

I can kill it with Voodoo's. I use SSS for my staggered putts and my
Erasers for my Straddle putts.

I guess I was just giving myself another excuse to buy some more putters :D

Yup, I had an M Warlock and a McPro Aviar a little while back and they were nearly indistinguishable. Both of which have the bevelled edge on the wing and are slightly slower than voodoos.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'd like to know if the first release mcpro aviars are pdga approved. I just want to make sure I didn't waste my money on illegal discs. =/

Oh thank goodness. I saw someone say that they were to stiff to be pdga approved in the first few pages of this thread and I started to panic a little. lol I wonder though, are they still manufacturing the mc pros? I don't see the statistics for them on the Innova website.

Oh thank goodness. I saw someone say that they were to stiff to be pdga approved in the first few pages of this thread and I started to panic a little. lol I wonder though, are they still manufacturing the mc pros? I don't see the statistics for them on the Innova website.

They are just regular old Aviar PnAs with a super stiff plastic. I'm a big fan of stiff putters, and these are my money makers. They are only sold on the Innova Factory Store site though.

That was probably me. They are very firm, but they are legal for competition. The newest 2X run that are in the proshop aren't as firm either. They're still pretty firm, the flightplate is just a little more pliable.

Latest posts