• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Roc3

Sentinel has a bigger diameter but small rim, bigger dome, definitely more stable, but not as purely overstable as a gator

Feels like you're throwing a beefy lid ...

I throw my mcpro roc3 for anything that has a slight left turn or dead strait. My champion roc3's hold low ceiling shots better and have significant more fade also. Champion roc3's for me go about 300 feet, mcpros go around 325 feet, teebird or as mentioned a Brinster, goes right under 400 feet dead strait or maybe a slight fade. Also all drivers take the chance of a "cut roll" so I might bust out my McPro roc3 put it on hyzer and see if I can't still get close to teebird distance without rolling down a hill when needed. My gator I use for any shot I'm thinking firebird but don't want to roll or skip. Hope this helped u determine what discs to use for certain situations.

I throw my mcpro roc3 for anything that has a slight left turn or dead strait. My champion roc3's hold low ceiling shots better and have significant more fade also. Champion roc3's for me go about 300 feet, mcpros go around 325 feet, teebird or as mentioned a Brinster, goes right under 400 feet dead strait or maybe a slight fade. Also all drivers take the chance of a "cut roll" so I might bust out my McPro roc3 put it on hyzer and see if I can't still get close to teebird distance without rolling down a hill when needed. My gator I use for any shot I'm thinking firebird but don't want to roll or skip. Hope this helped u determine what discs to use for certain situations.

I think we have pretty much the exact same bag setup. Us Iowans must think alike:hfive:

Any of the colors feel any differently? White, Orange, and Yellow are pretty slick. Are the other colors chalky/textured?

My pinks are nice and velvety. Definitely not slick.

First Impressions: these new runs are not as flat as my original run pinks. They have a little more shoulder then go flat. Very similar to my champs. That being said my originals are FAF. PLH is the same across the board. Original runs seem to have a touch more grip. Firmness is about the same.

That being said, I am completely satisfied. I got 5 pinks. One black stamp, one white, 2 holo stamps, and a gold. Can't wait to put some air under one tomorrow.

As for other colors I can't comment.

Can someone compare mcpro roc3 v star roc3 v champion roc3? I bag a champion roc3 and am thinking about putting a star in and want to make sure it is what I am looking for

Can't comment on the (g)star roc3s. I cannot stand the new blend that Innova is using so it is of no interest to me. They do look like they molded up nice, just not my kind of star plastic.

McPros fresh remind me of a Champ with a little of the new knocked off. The McRocs have solid HSS, very nice glide, and a slighly more mellow finish. Even my new runs have suprised me with how straight stable they are. I've had a couple shots where I expected more of a fade on the end and they just dropped.

They only Champs I have thrown have been pink 0x's and blue 2 and 3x's. They don't seem to have quite the glide of their base plastic kin until they get beat up a bit. The McRocs seem to get straighter as they beat up whereas my champs seem to loose a little HSS followed by the LSS. My Champs really only see use in wind, heavy woods, or shots where I want more placement or a stronger finish. The McRocs and Champs make a nice one-two punch for me.

Love the McPro Roc3. The McPro plastic goes better with the Roc3 than with the Aviar, IMHO. I like the stiffness of the plastic, and it flies well for me thrown straight or on a hyzer line.

I am using mine as much as I can now, to get it beat in. Then it'll become my relatively straight mid and my F2 Star Roc3 can become my overstable mid. It's a plan, anyway.

I am using mine as much as I can now, to get it beat in. Then it'll become my relatively straight mid and my F2 Star Roc3 can become my overstable mid. It's a plan, anyway.

I'm doing the same thing. Got a couple F2 Star Roc3s and really can count on them being more OS than Champ/McPro. It's a good plan!