• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc prices, Hucklab WTF?

You haven't bought a guitar is a bit, have you? Same thing is happening there. The MexiTele you could buy five years ago for $400 sells for $850. :\ Not very many companies are looking out for the $150 guitar market anymore.

and if you show up with that $150 guitar, teachers like me are going to want to shoot themselves every time they have to pretend that tuning it is even a reasonable possibility.

Lol price gouging...I just stopped buying plastic over a year ago and have no intention of buying any more anytime soon.

Like a lot (read all) of you, I have backups to my backups so if you don't like the price don't buy it.

I'm not exactly sure why you think there is any blame to be assigned.

Why does any disc go for high prices? What's the point of a $1500 Sexton FB? You aren't going to get the value from throwing thay disc, I imagine.

Any hobby has its higher than the rest of the market priced items. There are people who think $15 or even $10 for a disc is too high, whereas others enjoy the feeling of having a very particular disc, and don't feel any pangs about paying a higher price. As long as someone gets genuine enjoyment out of it, who am I to judge?

Now, there are certainly downsides to this, but the mere existence of higher priced custom dyed discs doesn't seem to me to be an intrinsic issue.

I work in the housing industry. I saw a housing bubble caused by people who were willing to over pay for houses in the 2000's just like they are now. The bubble burst then like it will now. The disc golf bubble will burst as well and people will regret overpaying for discs, but at least they won't go bankrupt over it. Maybe this bubble is more like the comic book bubble in the 90's or the baseball card bubble.

A while back I showed my wife the stamp. About 10 minutes later she came down stairs with a vinyl cutout that had self adhesive and transferred it to a disc, then she did a quick dye job with my help and "BAMM" I had a disc with the stamp. She has a Cricut. She is always doing stuff on that thing. Showed my son the stamp and the next day we did all of his discs. Now I need to teach him how to lay down a good roller. It's the only time the stamp really shows off.

Bye the way, blank discs work the best. If you have ones with a hot stamp just be sure to get the vinyl down tight were the stamp and the vinyl meet. You can get a bit of bleeding.

As for the cost of services, well there is always some one willing to pay for stupid crap. I spent 6 dollars on vinyl and 4 dollars on dye and did 18 discs. I took my wife out to dinner later so I guess that needs to be added in.

In the end none of the disc fly any better or go farther. I'm sure then guys and girls over at Hucklab do better work but my redneck stamp works for me.

If you've got a cricut, you can do waaay more interesting dyes than the trifly. Unless you just like being that dude.

As far as Huk goes: I mean, there's a market for men's thongs, too. I'm not going to buy them. But I'm not actively boycotting them either.

I don't personally buy discs like these but think it's kind of cool that there is enough demand in the sport that some people are willing to pay these kinds of prices

I have several Huk Lab discs from over 10 years ago, when I paid 12 or 15 bucks for them.

This news makes me want to stop throwing them to make sure no one thinks I'm a guy who will pay $60 for a disc!

I have one disc with the mini stamp. . But more than a few times people have thought it was a Nazi stamp so i would not want anymore trifly even if i got them for free.. .

my favorite disc ever had a decent but homemade trifly dye on it. i didn't really care but i loved that teebird, a pink 155g 11x kc pro that was swirly, flexy, and perfectly grippy. lost it at the Jaranator and had high hopes of getting it back since it's a private course but that didn't happen.

I have one disc with the mini stamp. . But more than a few times people have thought it was a Nazi stamp so i would not want anymore trifly even if i got them for free.. .

I ride motorcycles and I can't wear my Triumph shirts anymore because people think it says "Trump" at first glance. weird.

In the end none of the disc fly any better or go farther. I'm sure then guys and girls over at Hucklab do better work but my redneck stamp works for me.

Should do some PF Flyer stamps. Your discs will run faster and jump higher!

You haven't bought a guitar is a bit, have you? Same thing is happening there. The MexiTele you could buy five years ago for $400 sells for $850. :\ Not very many companies are looking out for the $150 guitar market anymore.

I just bought a Squire Classic Vibes Tele for under $400 new. It plays better than my American Standard.

I would hope it plays better than a toilet. :|

Yes the Squire Classic Vibes Tele plays significantly better than a toilet guitar.

Gq1jOrW.jpeg

I just bought a Squire Classic Vibes Tele for under $400 new. It plays better than my American Standard.
Classic Vibe series guitars have been a steal for years. The Vintage Modified series was also good but I think they killed that. I don't know how they sell MexiTeles when you can get a double bound three tone Sunburst Classic Vibe tele for less than 1/2 the price.