• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc prices, Hucklab WTF?

Doesn't bother me at all. Clearly people will pay. Just have to hope manufactures don't start charging more. Resale/Dyed market is whatever.

I am still waiting for a bit of a crash, that I think could come at the end of the year, with more and more people trying to buy up all these 'limited runs' for resale. Manufactures not playing catch-up/losing time anymore. I think there could be a bunch of people holding the bag and selling discs at cost that they thought they'd double their money on.

I truly didn't know Huklab stamped discs were still a "desired" thing until this thread. As far as I'd known - they'd kinda disappeared from the popular DG consciousness in... like... 2010? Clearly I was wrong.

I truly didn't know Huklab stamped discs were still a "desired" thing until this thread. As far as I'd known - they'd kinda disappeared from the popular DG consciousness in... like... 2010? Clearly I was wrong.

Eagle frequently throws TriFly HukLab discs on coverage. That would probably have been enough on its own but they are common enough in other bags so they get seen/mentioned frequently enough.

The fact that the dye job is simple and easily recognizable at a distance means that when pros throw them it's noticeable. But they aren't ubiquitous enough that they seem played out. That is marketing gold.

Eagle frequently throws TriFly HukLab discs on coverage. That would probably have been enough on its own but they are common enough in other bags so they get seen/mentioned frequently enough.

The fact that the dye job is simple and easily recognizable at a distance means that when pros throw them it's noticeable. But they aren't ubiquitous enough that they seem played out. That is marketing gold.
I honestly never noticed that Eagle throws them, shows how little attention I pay when I watch coverage.

I ride motorcycles and I can't wear my Triumph shirts anymore because people think it says "Trump" at first glance. weird.

Totally off topic, but i can relate. Had this happen many times. I still rock my Triumph gear. Dummies aint gonna change!

I'm more likely to pay $40 for a HukLab Tournament Harp than I am to buy a Nike drifit instead of a blank one. Jay is a cool guy/family man. I'd rather buy that 'designer' disc than a shirt. I'm typically not into the designer brand name status thing anyway.

i was making your point before you did

both suck hard and both are fascists

...something about hucklab

or rather, we could acknowledge that prices on any disc have gone up. and significantly so for anything other than baseline plastic. any old mold (popular or not), any old stamp, any PFN, and you can add $20-30 to the price of any 7/10 used disc. it used to be that you could stack backups of even popular vintage or OOP discs so long as they were in thrower condition and you weren't bidding with the collectors. now, i don't even bother trying to look at older teebirds, eagles, buzzzes, or nearly any elite x plastic.

and if one were so inclined, one could acknowledge the role of monetary policy, foreign policy, and domestic despotism in those price rises.

i remember when gggt had sleeves of elite x buzz misprints for like $8

ended up losing all the ones i had (including my first ever buzz which was that classic pastel tye dye)

those were the days

i remember when gggt had sleeves of elite x buzz misprints for like $8

ended up losing all the ones i had (including my first ever buzz which was that classic pastel tye dye)

those were the days

i found one in the used bin that is that pastel tye-dye lavender and yellow. the rim is in good shape but it's beat to fly like it's 5/10 condition. elite x buzzzes and predators are my favorites to beat in like crazy.

those were indeed the days. i still have a small stash but you can't find them like you used to, not that i can afford anyway. you see those ones with the new stamp sometimes but the plastic is different.