• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] MD5

Metal flake md4 more overstable than glow, by a bunch

I have one of the MF MD4s with the "black ink discs" logo. .

It´s quite soft and have "not so nice" Flashing at the bottom. . did not like it at all, but maybe i was unlucky.

Mine flew like a Simons Glow CFII MD4.

I have one of the MF MD4s with the "black ink discs" logo. .

It´s quite soft and have "not so nice" Flashing at the bottom. . did not like it at all, but maybe i was unlucky.

Mine flew like a Simons Glow CFII MD4.

My glo seasoned in super quick and lost all of its low speed fade. I got one of the first metal flakes out and it acts more overstable than my first run md5.

Made an order for the new Swirl S-line MD5 just for fun. . sounds like an OS run

Like my Glow MD4s but wanted something a hair more OS . . so i tried the Malta, like the flight but it feels weird for FH

So i think i will go back to the MD4 and compliment that with something more OS

Never thrown the MD5 so i might try that. . and a Caiman . . anyone have something to say about the MD5 vs Caiman?

Tried:
Mortar. . not much more OS than my Glow MD4s
Drone. .same as the Malta, feels weird FH
Hornet.. odd feel and don´t want OOP in the Bag
Caiman I found beat up a little quick if you want it to be your bookend OS mid.
I throw Bobcats and Gilas, both of which can be pretty meaty when new. Bobcats have a lotttttt of HSS, they fight out of flex lines and then have a solid fade. Gilas hold a little straighter and then dump hard, but Amber runs are more like baby firebirds. I also found Streamline Runways to be really OS when new. All of these are OS but have good glide and carry as well.

Like my Glow MD4s but wanted something a hair more OS . . so i tried the Malta, like the flight but it feels weird for FH

So i think i will go back to the MD4 and compliment that with something more OS

Never thrown the MD5 so i might try that. . and a Caiman . . anyone have something to say about the MD5 vs Caiman?

Tried:
Mortar. . not much more OS than my Glow MD4s
Drone. .same as the Malta, feels weird FH
Hornet.. odd feel and don´t want OOP in the Bag

I tried an MD5 and Caiman together when I wanted something to replace my Frontline-x Mortar. The bead on the MD5 is really uncomfortable, in my opinion, so I went with the Caiman. They flew pretty much the same when brand new. My Star Caiman has held its stability just fine, although it's more of a utility disc so it isn't beating in terribly fast.

Caiman I found beat up a little quick if you want it to be your bookend OS mid.

YMMV but I've got a Star Caiman where the stamp is almost worn off with how much I've used it, and it still has a very healthy amount of overstability. Have yet to feel the need to replace it with one of my backups.

Well dang musta had a wonky blend or a wonky Caiman haha. Glad to hear it's working for y'all

Latest posts