• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] MD5

Maybe these will follow the md4 release and stock will be flat while the EO stamp is sorta domey...hey, one can hope!

Dome bothers me less than the inside rim depth. How shallow do these feel in the hand?

Is the flight similar to a gator?

Is the run of C-Line plastic stiff like first run PDs or soft like current run PDs?

They are OS alright. Its like a Gator but with dome, and the wing is a little convex vs. a Gator. I kinda feel like I am going to stick with my Scott Withers. :|

I might have to switch back to gators with how awesome people are saying the Withers run is.

Maybe DM will release the MD5x or change the mold slightly (MD5v2). Okay I'm just having fun with the latest naming trend now.

The pic above looks like a beaded caiman. Someone should make a family tree of discs produced by innova.

Can anybody compare the MD5 to a Gator? I'm probably going to pull the trigger on a Withers flat top, but am tempted by the idea of a flat MD5.

I might have to switch back to gators with how awesome people are saying the Withers run is.

Maybe DM will release the MD5x or change the mold slightly (MD5v2). Okay I'm just having fun with the latest naming trend now.

The pic above looks like a beaded caiman. Someone should make a family tree of discs produced by innova.

Dude, you're the Mortar guy! Why switch?

So a Gator to MD5 comparison was asked for a While back, here is a review including such a comparison.
MD5: Feels great in the hand, much shallower than a Gator and while it's the same bead the rim shape and profile make it much easier to handle the feel of (the Gator's bead feel was why I quit throwing it) slim and easy/comfortable for all grips. In flight it is much straighter for a longer time before the "Gator fade" kicks in and then just like a Gator, it dumps. This disc is reliable and IMO much more versatile than a Gator, I was getting great flex lines with it and its a great FH or BH approach disc. I would recommend trying this disc to anyone looking for a super reliable OS mid it's a good compliment to any lineup and could pull "get out of trouble" shots, flex lines, Pure hyzer, spike hyzer. The MD5 didn't skip nearly as much as my Gator did but I am guessing I could make it if I needed. Conclusion: the MD5 is a great disc and I will be looking to put it in my bag as soon as I get it dialed in. Reliable, great in flight, comfortable in the hand 'nuff said........

Last edited:
So a Gator to MD5 comparison was asked for a While back, here is a review including such a comparison.
MD5: Feels great in the hand, much shallower than a Gator and while it's the same bead the rim shape and profile make it much easier to handle the feel of (the Gator's bead feel was why I quit throwing it) slim and easy/comfortable for all grips. In flight it is much straighter for a longer time before the "Gator fade" kicks in and then just like a Gator, it dumps. This disc is reliable and IMO much more versatile than a Gator, I was getting great flex lines with it and its a great FH or BH approach disc. I would recommend trying this disc to anyone looking for a super reliable OS mid it's a good compliment to any lineup and could pull "get out of trouble" shots, flex lines, Pure hyzer, spike hyzer. The MD5 didn't skip nearly as much as my Gator did but I am guessing I could make it if I needed. Conclusion: the MD5 is a great disc and I will be looking to put it in my bag as soon as I get it dialed in. Reliable, great in flight, comfortable in the hand 'nuff said........

that sounds like how i would describe the gator3

Picked up a 1st run md5 last week on the used rack. The champ plastic feels amazing. It's very opaque, and slightly gummy. Literally the opposite of the jolly launcher junk. Mostly flat top and has great glide. It does not glide as well as my fresh c line md4, but shows more HSS. They compliment each other well

Picked up a 1st run md5 last week on the used rack. The champ plastic feels amazing. It's very opaque, and slightly gummy. Literally the opposite of the jolly launcher junk. Mostly flat top and has great glide. It does not glide as well as my fresh c line md4, but shows more HSS. They compliment each other well

jolly launcher junk? ok......:confused:

jolly launcher junk? ok......:confused:

It's slick and I feel it made some of the molds lose their glide. You should see the new teebird3 and compare. It has some pearl in it, easier to see on the ground, lots of grip and glide. I'm guessing the jolly launcher is phasing out,

I feel like this is a shot at Innova. They probably pay a premium for innova to produce swirly discs and are getting annoyed with the results.

Like my Glow MD4s but wanted something a hair more OS . . so i tried the Malta, like the flight but it feels weird for FH

So i think i will go back to the MD4 and compliment that with something more OS

Never thrown the MD5 so i might try that. . and a Caiman . . anyone have something to say about the MD5 vs Caiman?

Tried:
Mortar. . not much more OS than my Glow MD4s
Drone. .same as the Malta, feels weird FH
Hornet.. odd feel and don´t want OOP in the Bag

Like my Glow MD4s but wanted something a hair more OS . . so i tried the Malta, like the flight but it feels weird for FH

So i think i will go back to the MD4 and compliment that with something more OS

Never thrown the MD5 so i might try that. . and a Caiman . . anyone have something to say about the MD5 vs Caiman?

Tried:
Mortar. . not much more OS than my Glow MD4s
Drone. .same as the Malta, feels weird FH
Hornet.. odd feel and don´t want OOP in the Bag

Metal flake md4 more overstable than glow, by a bunch

Latest posts