• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Medicine Ball Workout

TonLocVT

Par Member
I've seen this workout alluded to in a few posts, but I haven't heard much feedback on it (did it help you?).

Anyone have off-season experience with these exercises?

Yes, but only when I got more balanced moving back and forth per sidewinder's Turbo Encabulator series (notice he has versions of the same moves, but his posture is usually more squared up/not leaking leverage across the joints both ways). His moves are usually thoughtfully designed to minimize leverage leaks/avoid getting the body tangled up in addition to whatever else is going on.

Adding more weight like the medicine ball or a sledge can help fitness and the body condition to the kinetics and ground forces moving in both directions.

Medicine ball tosses from standstills were very helpful too similar to how he demonstrates toward the end, but in TC his posture looks like it's collapsing a little more than ideal, and he tends to rotate around a center axis (same in his DG throws) rather than allow his body mass to shift more like a walking step to lead the toss. May be better to let your body mass do as much work as possible before you rely on muscles and joints or by forcing rotations.

Last edited:

Latest posts