• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Merging companies

Let's get Dynamic and Gateway together. As a matter of fact, just add Gateway to the DD/Lat/WS family. I think people would stop passing over Gateway's awesome non-putters if they were in the Euro plastic. Plus an Eraser Judge would be stellar.

Let's get Dynamic and Gateway together. As a matter of fact, just add Gateway to the DD/Lat/WS family. I think people would stop passing over Gateway's awesome non-putters if they were in the Euro plastic. Plus an Eraser Judge would be stellar.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Assassin, Illusion and Slayer in Opto, or their mid-ranges done in Gold Line.

Do companies actually have to merge for this to happen? When the patents on different discs are up couldn't a company like Prodigy use the exact specs for a Teebird without any penalties?

Do companies actually have to merge for this to happen? When the patents on different discs are up couldn't a company like Prodigy use the exact specs for a Teebird without any penalties?

Why not, since the PA4 is a near EXACT Magic with a Prodigy stamp. :)

Has anyone compared a Roc3 to a Z Wasp? There's obviously nothing stopping companies from using disc specs from current discs. There's more difference between a Roc and Roc3 than a Wasp and Roc3. Same with Element/Buzzz; Teebird/Avenger; Nuke/Boss; (Nuke/Destroyer, for that matter); Focus/Wizard ... the list goes on and on and on.

Has anyone compared a Roc3 to a Z Wasp? There's obviously nothing stopping companies from using disc specs from current discs. There's more difference between a Roc and Roc3 than a Wasp and Roc3. Same with Element/Buzzz; Teebird/Avenger; Nuke/Boss; (Nuke/Destroyer, for that matter); Focus/Wizard ... the list goes on and on and on.

Buzzz and Element probably aren't a good example of sharing disc specs in my opinion. Have you held/thrown both?

i dont believe there are any patents on the discs themselves. the only patent that applied was the one on the beveled rim (all modern discs). which everyone had to pay Innova(right?) for.
I am not sure how it works exactly but i think the lack of exact copy is more of a respect and ego thing. that or their maybe some kind of patent or design law that prevents it but i don't know jack about that one way or the other.

Discs themselves aren't patented. The patent number that was on every disc was for the beveled edge disc. It has since expired so Innova no longer gets a cut from everyone. I believe MVP has applied for one for their overmold design, and there's also one that's still active for the Thumbtrack on Rhynos, Pigs, and Birdies.

Has anyone compared a Roc3 to a Z Wasp? There's obviously nothing stopping companies from using disc specs from current discs. There's more difference between a Roc and Roc3 than a Wasp and Roc3.
isnt a Roc3 and the Roc rim identical and all they did was change the dome or something like that? i remember someone talking about that but dont remember the details.

Same with Element/Buzzz;
bead/no bead....
Teebird/Avenger;
hahahahaha.....
Nuke/Boss; (Nuke/Destroyer, for that matter);
the boss ill give, destroyer no way
Focus/Wizard ...
been awhile since i held a focus but i dont rember any bead on that one. and arent the nose shapes totally different. had you said Challenger/BB Aviar/Wizard you would have a valid point.
the list goes on and on and on.
no it doesn't. pretty limited in reality. just cause discs fly "similar" doesn't mean they are exact copies.

btw you mind sharing whatever you're on with me?

Focus/Wizard ...
been awhile since i held a focus but i dont rember any bead on that one. and arent the nose shapes totally different.

There is a big bead on the Focus, but you're right about the nose. Very different. I remember it being mentioned that it was supposed to be Discraft's "Wizard".

Ghost in Gateway's Medium S plastic.
Wasp in Prodigy's 300s.

Which is pretty much a good, stiff, flat, non-plus rimmed KC Pro Roc....

I'd love to see a Discraft Force or Crank with MVP's GYRO. Or an Innova Tern with GYRO. All in Eclipse Proton so I feel like I'm throwing Tron discs at night.

Discs themselves aren't patented. The patent number that was on every disc was for the beveled edge disc. It has since expired so Innova no longer gets a cut from everyone. I believe MVP has applied for one for their overmold design, and there's also one that's still active for the Thumbtrack on Rhynos, Pigs, and Birdies.

Hmm, in that case I'd like a prodigy teebird (maybe I should just try the f2 and f3).