• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Miami, Florida trip

MonsterDog

I will be in Miami next week and have been checking out the courses there. It looks like my best option is Amelia Earhart park as it is closest to where I will be staying in Miami Beach.
I didn't see many comments about disc loss in the reviews. Can someone from around there give info? I will probably only bring 3 discs along. Just wondering if I should try to cram a couple more in there if there is high probability of losing any.

Any help appreciated

Hope your trip goes well. :)
I have no personal knowledge of the course, but know the area very well (my mom live 10 miles from the park)... brush up on your Spanish.

FWIW - I've heard it's a tough course make your way around.

Last edited:
I did gather that from the reviews. In particular, it looked like some of the baskets are very close to water. I don't claim to be a great player. I have lost discs in a lake before. Maybe I should squeeze in a couple of extra dx valks for those shots.

I don't know a lick of Spanish.

sorry I will be out of town at that time. I am listed as a guide for Amelia and it is one of my favorites. You can get discs back at a number of places where the water is close. The wind is the big factor there. Play as early in the day as you can.

Thanks to both of you guys for your responses. On the day I got to play, it turned out that I had time to go to any course in the area that I wished. I still ended up choosing Amelia Earhart and thoroughly enjoyed it. Reading the reviews was very helpful. I ended up playing Sunday and it was very busy in the park. I had to skip 10 and 18 due to people hanging out by the baskets. Some might not, but even though I skipped the 2 holes I am going to mark this as my first out of state course played! I was pretty rusty as I haven't played for at about 2 months, but I still really had fun.
Thanks again.

And may I ask, what exactly were those reptiles running around? In Iowa I usually just see squirrels.

Latest posts