• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan Disc Golf Store Updates

apparition

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
-----{1-15-13}-----

---Alpena---
Direct Skate Shop
835 W. Chisholm St.
Alpena, MI 49707
989-354-7758
[email protected]
Description: None yet.

---Ann Arbor / Nearby---
CJ's Party Store
4511 N Territorial Road West
Dexter, MI 48130
(734) 426-4432
www.cjsdiscgolf.com
Description: Party store with ~ 45 ft x 7 ft shelves of discs by most manufacturers (most popular discs are mostly repped), bags, minis, etc. Decent prices. Sell glow discs out of a closed file cabinet like they should be.

The Throw Shop
2300 Lakeshore Boulevard
Ypsilanti Township, MI 48198
(734) 883-4408
www.throwshop.us
Description: Seasonal store with a comprehensive stock of most discs by most manufacturers, bags, minis, etc. Used discs, throwable testers, and a course right at the shop. Good prices.

Holden Party Store
2055 South Milford Road
Milford, MI 48381
(248) 685-1260
www.holdensdeli.com
Description: Near Kensington Metropark, 40min north of Ann Arbor. Surprisingly, they stock an impressive range of discs by all major manufacturers and some smaller ones, too.

---Bay City---
The Rabbit Hole
6907 Westside Saginaw Rd, (m84) #3
Bay City, MI 48706
(989) 391-9590
Description: Overpriced and small selection of DC, I, Lat64

---Grand Rapids---
Spinski's Disc Golf
7641 Division Avenue South
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
(616) 827-0386
www.facebook.com/Spinskisdiscgolf

---Kalamazoo---
The Den Partystore
2917 Howard St.
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
(269) 381-5857
www.facebook.com/TheDenPartyStore
Description: None Yet

Drake Party Center
4717 West KL Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
(269) 372-5879
www.drakespartycenter.com/
Description: Innova and Discraft

---Midland---
Ray's Bike Shop
301 McDonald Street
Midland, MI 48640
(989) 835-1691
www.raysbike.com
Description: Only Innova.

---Traverse City---
Tilley's Party Store
617 Randolph Street
Traverse City, MI 49684
(231) 947-5248
Description: Fairly comprehensive selection of discs.

The following stores need current verification:
Up in the Air, Waterford
Karma Junky, Grand Blanc

In-Flight, East Lansing
Hyzer's, Grand Rapids
Tom & Dick's Grocery, Petoskey, MI

-----{Please post additional info below}-----

Last edited:
We should only post stores that aren't "big box" stores unless they carry more than Innova. Otherwise we'd have to list every Meijer, MC Sports, Dick's, Dunham's, etc. Feel free to post details about which manufacturers and discs are currently available or whatever other info should be in a store's description.

Frisci Disc and Hyzers are two more shops in Grand Rapids.

Up in the Air, Waterford
Karma Junky, Grand Blanc

In-Flight, East Lansing
Hyzer's, Grand Rapids

First off. Great Thread!! I can vouch for 2 stores on here for sure under the "Verification section". Up In The Air is legit and a great shop. I have worked at this shop, know the owners very well, and frequent here all the time. Put it on the list FOR SURE. And I recommend any disc golfer stop here if they are any where near the area.

InFlight in Lansing I can say had a very nice disc selection last time I was there (About a year ago). Unless they randomly stopped selling disc in that time, this is also legit.

Hyzer's from what I know is also a nice shop. The owner is a member on this site and has promoted it. I'm sure G.R. locals can chime in on that.

Again, Great thread for reference!

-----{1-15-13}-----

---Alpena---
Direct Skate Shop
835 W. Chisholm St.
Alpena, MI 49707
989-354-7758
[email protected]
www.directskateshop.com
Description: Stocks Innova, Discraft, Latitude 64, Legacy, MVP, Gateway Putters and more.... bags, portable baskets, apparel

---Ann Arbor / Nearby---
CJ's Party Store
4511 N Territorial Road West
Dexter, MI 48130
(734) 426-4432
www.cjsdiscgolf.com
Description: Party store with ~ 45 ft x 7 ft shelves of discs by most manufacturers (most popular discs are mostly repped), bags, minis, etc. Decent prices. Sell glow discs out of a closed file cabinet like they should be.

The Throw Shop
2300 Lakeshore Boulevard
Ypsilanti Township, MI 48198
(734) 883-4408
www.throwshop.us
Description: Seasonal store with a comprehensive stock of most discs by most manufacturers, bags, minis, etc. Used discs, throwable testers, and a course right at the shop. Good prices.

Holden Party Store
2055 South Milford Road
Milford, MI 48381
(248) 685-1260
www.holdensdeli.com
Description: Near Kensington Metropark, 40min north of Ann Arbor. Surprisingly, they stock an impressive range of discs by all major manufacturers and some smaller ones, too.

---Bay City---
The Rabbit Hole
6907 Westside Saginaw Rd, (m84) #3
Bay City, MI 48706
(989) 391-9590
Description: Overpriced and small selection of DC, I, Lat64

---East Lansing---
InFlight
507 East Grand River Avenue
East Lansing, MI 48823
(517) 351-8100
www.yelp.com/biz/in-flight-sports-east-lansing
Description: DirtyMittenDG says, "had a very nice disc selection last time I was there (About a year ago). Unless they randomly stopped selling disc in that time, this is also legit."

Peace Out
543 E. Grand River Ave
East Lansing, Michigan 48823
(517) 574-4819
https://www.facebook.com/PeaceoutEL
Description: Innova, Discraft, MVP, Gateway. Yoga stuff and student lounge!

---Frankenmuth---
The Lager Mill
701 Mill Street
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
(989) 652-3377
The Lager Mill on Facebook
Description: Small selection of DC and Inn discs (including store stamped discs) and bags. Beer!

---Grand Rapids---
Spinski's Disc Golf
7641 Division Avenue South
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
(616) 827-0386
www.facebook.com/Spinskisdiscgolf

Frisci Disc Pro Shop
2323 Lee St SW
Wyoming, MI 49519
(616) 534-7072
www.friscidisc.com
Description: Ask Meulen for a description!

Hyzer's Pro Disc and Smoke Shop
4150 Lake Michigan Dr NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49534
(616) 570-0812
http://hyzersgrandrapids.blogspot.com/
Description: Ask Meulen for a description!

---Grayling---
The Shred Shack
607 North James St.
Grayling, Michigan 49738
or
607 Norway St.
Grayling, Michigan 49738
(989) 344-1177
www.myshredshack.com
Description: Not sure which address is correct. Confirmed via phone that discs will be restocked in the spring. Call now to request makes and models maybe? :D

---Kalamazoo---
Bell's Brewery
355 East Kalamazoo Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
(616) 382-2332
www.bellsbeer.com
Description: All I know is that they have Bell's Brewery stamped discs. Oh, and beer... :D

The Den Partystore
2917 Howard St.
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
(269) 381-5857
www.facebook.com/TheDenPartyStore
Description: None Yet

Drake Party Center
4717 West KL Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
(269) 372-5879
www.drakespartycenter.com/
Description: Innova and Discraft

---Midland---
Ray's Bike Shop
301 McDonald Street
Midland, MI 48640
(989) 835-1691
www.raysbike.com
Description: Only Innova.

---Traverse City---
Tilley's Party Store
617 Randolph Street
Traverse City, MI 49684
(231) 947-5248
Description: Fairly comprehensive selection of discs. Friendly!

---Waterford---
Up in the Air
4672 W Walton Blvd
Waterford, MI 48329
(248) 673-8846
Up in the Air on Facebook
Description: DirtyMittenDG says, "Up In The Air is legit and a great shop. I have worked at this shop, know the owners very well, and frequent here all the time. Put it on the list FOR SURE. And I recommend any disc golfer stop here if they are any where near the area."

Karma Junky, Grand Blanc

Frisci Disc generally has a large selection of Innova, and a decent bit of Discraft as well. For smaller names, I know they order MVP on occasion and I -believe- that they have a small selection of Millennium, though don't quote me on that because I'm not terribly familiar with most smaller disc suppliers. (Is Polaris from Millennium?)

For Grand Rapids there is also Alpha Players on Division near 28th. They are a disc golf/magic the gathering store, but they have a large supply of Innova and Discraft.

I'll 2nd Up in the Air. Been there and met the owner on the course a few times - good guy. They genuinely promote the game. By that, I mean they actually make stuff happen: events, tourneys, leagues, even courses. They sell discs and more, not like some party store that carries discs just cause there's a course nearby*. These people are all about and can speak disc golf. It's the kind of shop you want to support.

* speaking of which:
Seven Star Party Shop fits that description: "party store that carries discs just cause there's a course nearby."
55150 Shelby Rd
Shelby Township, MI 48316
248-652-4098

Right down the street from Stony Creek Metro Park - pretty good selection of Innova and Discraft.

Last edited:
Yea 7 star carries a good amount of discs/bags/towels/tshirts. They have DC, Innova, MVP, Lat 64, Gateway, and Westside. I went to school with one of the owner's sons, if they dont have something they'll usually order it for you. People know what days they get discs in so usually if you dont get there soon enough it's picked over but there's still gems in there.

Yea 7 star carries a good amount of discs/bags/towels/tshirts. They have DC, Innova, MVP, Lat 64, Gateway, and Westside. I went to school with one of the owner's sons, if they dont have something they'll usually order it for you. People know what days they get discs in so usually if you dont get there soon enough it's picked over but there's still gems in there.
I wish I would have known this when I went to Stony two months ago with buddies.... [removed comments]

Actually, I just checked the website for 7 Star. That WAS the store I went to. I don't mean to badmouth them, but I can say for sure that they ONLY had Discraft and Innova and didn't seem to care when I asked about other brands.

Keep the list going!

Last edited:
By the way while I think this is a good thread, and I get the avoid listing Dunham's, WalMart, Meijer (all carry Innova), and list the small mom & pop shops, but: where do we draw the line?

I mean there are a couple of party stores near Cass Benton: The one on 7 Mile Rd isn't noteworthy, the one on 6 Mile has a quite a few discs, but nothing special and its hard to go through them (in boxes last I checked).

Plus two stores in Royal Oak (near Starr Jaycee and Wagner) carry discs...

but none of these is worthy of a shout out, IMHO.... not that they've harmed me in any way... just meh places for discs, they're simply "there."

Not that we need definitions or rules, just wondering what we're saying belongs on "the list."

but none of these is worthy of a shout out, IMHO.... not that they've harmed me in any way... just meh places for discs, they're simply "there."

Not that we need definitions or rules, just wondering what we're saying belongs on "the list."

Seems like you have the right idea to me!

where do we draw the line? Not that we need definitions or rules, just wondering what we're saying belongs on "the list."
I hear ya. My intention when I started the list wasn't just to identify stores that sell a wide variety of manufacturers or even a substantial amount of the big two, but also to highlight stores that are conveniently located near courses. With that in mind, a store like Ray's Bike Shop that only sells Innova may not be noteworthy because of their disc selection, but because it's literally 2 minutes from Chippewa Banks in Midland I deemed it worthy.

TL;DR - If there's a store that sells discs that anyone deems worthy of posting, list it with a short description why it should be here :)