• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid range set up?

burt5885

Birdie Member
Hey guys help me out on my midrange set up heres what i got so far.

Buzz SS(stable)
Kc pro Roc(slightly Overstable, predictable)
Back up kc pro roc
Evo Blaze( Overstable)

I need and understable mid i know i could use some of these but i would like and understable one. I have a Comet coming in the mail that i acquired in a deal. So which one would be a better Understable disc the Comet or Fuse?

Let me know what you think of my set-up if i need to add or take away anything, thanks

Also if you have time heres my driver set up you can critique.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27415

get an Ontario Roc ... they have a beautiful understable flight after not too long and it never gets to that "TOO understable point" ...

at least not in the 3 years i've been throwing mine... and i play 3-4 times a week

get an Ontario Roc ... they have a beautiful understable flight after not too long and it never gets to that "TOO understable point" ...

at least not in the 3 years i've been throwing mine... and i play 3-4 times a week

Ontario Rocs don't start out understable, although they are the least stable of the rocs.

As for the OP, that setup looks good. Are you keeping the buzzz ss? I would chose between it and the comet (choose comet), not both

Stick with the Buzzz SS (stable for u?) and grab a regular Buzzz, all u will ever need....I suppose a comet or meteor if the Buzzz SS isn't understable for u.

I like Buzzz' :)

Id say ditch the back up kc pro roc. If its a backup then just leave it in the car. Add something understable like a stingray or meteor.

I would recomend taking just your kc pro roc over to middle concho and bouncing it off of the mequite trees. It will get beat in nicely and then become understable over time. Then use that disc and your backup as a good pair of mids that you are really familiar with.

I have a comet but the rim throws me off a bit. Beenthinking of getting a fuse because their gold line plastics so pretty

Personaly I have an ESP Buzzz that is beet in a bit and is slightly understable when thrown flat with a decent amount of snap. I use a DX Stingray with a bit more snap at a flat release and it makes for a really understable disc. The Stingray is great for holes that go out for 100' and then turn hard to the right.

Probably a Comet - Fuse and Buzzz SS are pretty similar stability-wise.

Comet, Buzzz SS and Fuse will all be almost the same stability wise. Go with a Meteor if you want something truly understable.

I still dont like the Roc philosophy of wearing them in etc.

I play

comet - understable
buzzz - stable
wasp - overstable

All in Z plastic only for long durability. I have fat hands, so grip is not a problem.

I still dont like the Roc philosophy of wearing them in etc.

I play

comet - understable
buzzz - stable
wasp - overstable

All in Z plastic only for long durability. I have fat hands, so grip is not a problem.

Soon that will be my exact set up. I have an ESP Buzz for stable duties, a Wasp for over stable, although I am looking into the Drone or Hornet for even more over stable duties...as for understable I am using a Cobra but I have one: its only offered in DX plastic and with so many trees around, its really easy to bend it on one (I have done this several times) so I end up buying a lot...I'd rather just have one or two comets/meteors.

Comet

Buzzz

Hornet

That's what I've been rocking lately all Z except I have a few Buzzz's in D I honestly use the Comet as more of a short fairway than a mid though, and could probably get by with just the Buzzz and Hornet. But the Comet is sooooo much fun to throw.

Latest posts