• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Midnight Z Buzzz

DJayhawk

Has anyone been throwing these? I've read alot of comparisons of these to the Flat top First Run Buzzz. I've also read that Discraft, has been working on tweaking the Buzzz mold so that the newer runs come out with this same flatter top.

I am a big fan of the midnight buzz. Although I never got to throw the 1st runs, I'm hearing alot of comparisons to it. Those that have thrown my midnight buzz have offered to buy them from me, so it is definately getting some favorable reviews. I managed to buy 4 of them (what money allowed) knowing that they would be popular.

I'm not sure if they are still available; Sun Kings didn't have any in stock. My hope is that they change the buzz to this.

One big criticizm that it received was its color; black discs are hard to locate at times. If they change the regular production buzz to this, I suppose this won't be an issue.

I recommend picking some up if you can find them (I'm hoping I find more). Even if you don't like it, you can probably sell them if you're of that mentality. Me, I want to make sure I have spares in case something happens to the ones I throw.

They're money. Buy all you can. I've got the same misgivings about the color too, but since they go exactly where you want them to, it's not much of a problem.

krusen said:
They're money. Buy all you can. I've got the same misgivings about the color too, but since they go exactly where you want them to, it's not much of a problem.

Agreed. I can't really see losing this disc. Do you know of anyone that still has some in stock? Is Discraft going to release more or make their regular production buzz more like the midnight?

TexasOutlaw said:
Agreed. I can't really see losing this disc. Do you know of anyone that still has some in stock? Is Discraft going to release more or make their regular production buzz more like the midnight?
No idea. I wish I had bought more as well, but for me a lighter, seasoned X wasp is just about the same.

distantdg said:
i prefer my x wasp over my z wasp....more glide with the x

Depends what you're going to use it for
Although I use Z for overstable, and X for stable.

That said, I really like the X better also. If you bought a max wt. X-Wasp, and used it as your overstable mid for a while, It would eventually beat up enough to be your stable mid.

TexasOutlaw said:
So an x wasp would turn into a buzz? :)

IMO...yes. I use a seasoned X wasp for straight shots, and my pristene midnight buzz flies so much the same that I'm unsure of which to put in the bag. I guess if you get down to brass tacks, the wasp has a little more of an S-curve where the buzz just flies straight.

I really like the midnight buzz. I'm trying out a san marino roc because Blake recommends them. But, I throw the buzz well. It's less unforging (like Blake says) than the roc; however, I think this is a good thing because it tells me when I've made a form error.

Does the midnight version seem longer than the regular z buzzes?

The buzz helps me keep a straight nose down crushing drive (On a S-curve I can get it to 360 consistantly), but the Roc is much less forgiving in terms of hight, hyzer, and nose angles and is teaching me a lot.

Weebl said:
), but the Roc is much less forgiving in terms of hight, hyzer, and nose angles and is teaching me a lot.

That makes sense. I throw a lot of low, straight shots. (This shot was referred to as a pike years ago when I started playing, but more recently people just call it a line drive.

I was going through my boxes of disc and found a mint 05 players cup midnight z buzz. What i am wondering, is this a first run and is it worth anything?