• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Midrange

Another vote for the Cro! I use r-pro for backhand touch shots, straight shots and anhy's.

I have a bunch of star Cro's with a mild dome that are perfect for forehand. Nice stable flier! My dream would be a run of flat top color glow cro's... but I may need to fund that on my own as a special order or hope a pro who loves the Cro makes it big :thmbup:

Mmmmm, you made me moan, just a little bit, with the color glow talk. Uhhh, could you say a little sumpin in french?:p

Cro went OOP for the same reason few people throw the Spider anymore. Great at nothing, good at everything.

Mids are probably the most interchangeable disc for me. Also not used that much. I'd rather throw a putter or fairway in a lot of situations.

My fave is probably the combo of a champ and dx cobra.

No love for the humble Skeeter? Granted I got rid of mine because it was DX and it got beaten to a pulp, but I still have some fond memories of that disc. Back in the day I had a Roc and a Skeeter, and I mostly just threw the Skeeter because it felt better in the hand.

I say get another in Star if you like the disc so much. That is if you are not into a brand of discs made by one manufacturer type bag and it is not Innova and its other companies made in same factory.

Cro went OOP for the same reason few people throw the Spider anymore. Great at nothing, good at everything.

Spider would be a Really good short midrange to long approach disc. Only person I know who uses one is an uncle using the disc as a Putter. However one or two long time sponsored players of Innova are keeping the Spider in production as they use them as a short midrange to approach disc.

Ha! Aced with a 175 DX Cro today! 189' wide open. rewarded myself by buying a 167 on the way home. might have to start hoarding them before they disappear......

I prefer a powered down beat champ spider more than an max/overpowered putter. I go with a roc (truth) when i need midrange distance.

150 DX shark

Much fun, easy to replace, Newbies practically give them to you after they've been playing a month and figure they're "too good" to throw beginner discs. So little effort to get it to do about anything you want. A right handed person can even (with a little practice) throw a LHBH turnover if you need to end up left. Lol

150 DX shark

Much fun, easy to replace, Newbies practically give them to you after they've been playing a month and figure they're "too good" to throw beginner discs. So little effort to get it to do about anything you want. A right handed person can even (with a little practice) throw a LHBH turnover if you need to end up left. Lol

I dont bag anything like this but referring to my 150g. DX Stingray comment, discs like these are what I use to practice with in the field. Great teaching tools.

I carry a champ gator, 4 rocs - 3 KC and a DX flat top, from new to well broken in
and two DX stingrays, one broken in, one almost broken for touch shots.

I've thrown lots of shots with all 3 molds, DX and KC have better grip than the Star/champ plastics, so I've taken to Roc and Stingray cycling. I used to throw sharks and have three aces on one champ spider. Pick what feels good in your hand in plastic that feels good to you.

I love KC Rocs, but can't stand the KC Aviar plastic...

150 DX shark

I use 174 gram old Pro and a high dome Star Shark also 174 grams. They are not bad discs and I want the Shark to stay a bit overstable for a a short midrange to approach disc, and then use it as a windy day putter more often the Pro then Star. I do not use the DX mold as it goes to being neutral way quicker then the two I have. I want the disc to stay slightly overstable so max weight and in semi premium as well as premium plastic. I also use the Shark 3 176 grams 2 of them to have a true midrange distance disc that flies like a low dome ROC but without the big bead.

Last edited:
I've still never tried a shark3. As much as I love the shark, I guess I should. Lol