• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Millenium Astra

BCDan

Par Member
Millenium Discs don't get talked about much and I am interested in purchasing a few Astra discs hoping they'll become my longest backhand disc. How do they fly for guys who throw Valkyries about 275-300 feet?

Another question, let's say you throw a valk 280 flat, and even if the Astra didn't give much more distance, wouldn't it give you a lot more distance on incline holes because it's faster?

Most of the information of Astra's I gleamed from reviews of the the Archon. I play at sea level and my beat in Orc is my longest disc if I include skip, but on a flat shot my seasoned Valkyrie is my longest disc at about 280ft distance. I am incorporating backhand more into my game , and I am interested in how the Astra flies backhand.

Has anybody felt the M-Colour version of the Astra? what kind of grip or glide does it have compared to Millenium plastic or Q-Astra.

I haven't thrown these plastics so I was thinking of getting 1 of each plastic.

Last edited:
why is that? too stable/fast? Or too flippy in the wind compared to valkyrie?

I got my brother an M-Color Astra for this past Christmas. I can't really remark much on the way it flies, except to say that he seems to use it well. Neither him nor I are very good. I can say that the print on it looks really cool but is super slippery.

I throw just maybe 10' further then you and I can say that the Q Astra isn't super flippy but it has some turn, then fades back around 300' for a small S.

If I throw it flat it tracks right a bit then comes back left at the end, throws maybe 300' 310' for me. It and the wraith are the longest discs in my bag. It's pretty easy to control too.

It is an archon just less expensive Q sparkle is like $13 online and their version of pro is like $8.

Nothing earth shattering amazing about it but its reliable

I have one and tried my hardest to make it my main driver when first starting out, but I just don't have the arm for it. When you can get it up to speed, it'll go nice and far with some right to left movement. I got the base Millennium plastic, which feels a lot like Innova's Pro plastic to me. The other Millennium disc that I have that I can get a lot of distance out of is the QJLS. Love that disc. The QJLS is in Quantum plastic (obvious from the 'Q') and that plastic feels the same as Innova's Champion plastic. I do much better with slower discs though. I'd say it's worth a try but if you don't normally throw faster discs well, it might be frustrating for you.

I had a Millennium plastic Astra that was great until it beat in. Then it was a roller. I don't usually throw rollers, so it belongs to someone else.

I bought a used Sirius plastic Astra that had the picture of Selah Ranch on it. It was already beat, so it was not of use to me. It's gone too.

In a nutshell, I like them when they're new. That said, I'd recommend a Quantum plastic Astra if you're going to buy one.

I had a worlds stamp 175 Champ Archon that was very flippy and a 168 and 171 sparkle Q Astra that flew nothing like the roller champ archon and more like a seasoned wraith with less fade. My 168 had some turn on a shallow hyzer flip at 380' on a low line while the 171 was stable straight with late fade on a similar line. If you throw 280' with a valk, I'd recommend sticking with the valk until you can get it another 50' further unless you need a disc that will finish left or handle a little headwind. Sorry, I don't throw much pro plastic so I can't speak to how their base plastic flies.

Also, yea for a company that doesn't get enough love here.

Edit: Q Astra is a big overlap with my fresh star Orcs.

Last edited:
10 feet extra would be worth it if it was consistent, why not get an extra 10ft distance?

A few holes on my course are around 280-315 ft long, so 290 vs 280 is big difference. I could potentially double my birdy rate on those holes. 35 ft putt vs 25ft is huge, I sink significantly more putts at 25 ft then 35 feet.

BCDan- for people like you and me, higher speed discs do not equate to much further distance when comparing the astra(archon) to your valkarie or beat in orc. The problem with faster discs is that they generally are more nose sensitive and in my experience i cannot get the same accuracy of a speed 12 disc than I get with a speed 9 or even speed 7. I throw on average a little bit further than you. I throw my speed 7 discs only a bit shorter than a high speed driver due to technique and nose angle issues, but my accuracy with a high speed driver is worse. I may throe it farther, but it usually ends farther from where i want it to go. I get better scores with my fairway drivers and my speed 9 drivers than i do with the highspeed drivers. I say you should work on technique and learn to get the discs you own out further with better accuracy.

BCDan- for people like you and me, higher speed discs do not equate to much further distance when comparing the astra(archon) to your valkarie or beat in orc. The problem with faster discs is that they generally are more nose sensitive and in my experience i cannot get the same accuracy of a speed 12 disc than I get with a speed 9 or even speed 7. I throw on average a little bit further than you. I throw my speed 7 discs only a bit shorter than a high speed driver due to technique and nose angle issues, but my accuracy with a high speed driver is worse. I may throe it farther, but it usually ends farther from where i want it to go. I get better scores with my fairway drivers and my speed 9 drivers than i do with the highspeed drivers. I say you should work on technique and learn to get the discs you own out further with better accuracy.

We'll I'm going to get some lightweight (166 grams) Millennium Plastic Astras and find out. My Valkyries are around 170 grams and champion plastic.

The lower weight combined with the Millenium plastic will get me further distance I'm hypothesizing. I suppose I could get pro valkyries in lightweight, but this is fun and the disc might be perfect for a couple specific holes I have in mind.

I'll report my findings. Two holes I think it can excel on are a slight uphill hole, and an extrem downhill hole.

I'll report my findings. Two holes I think it can excel on are a slight uphill hole, and an extrem downhill hole.

I always have better luck on uphill holes with understable discs which I fear the Astra will not turn/flip to flat for a 280' valk thrower. I throw a flippy qms for short uphills, a fever to tight long uphill tunnels, and a beat silly orc for flexing s-curve uphills. If the uphill shot you have in mind has some OB on the right then I might consider something stable/overstable like an Astra.

Latest posts