• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Scorpius

Barsby said, in his recent ITB, the 1.11s are less overstable than some previous runs (looking at you 1.8). I picked up 4 from OTB and can confirm. Great flight out of these. I was fighting some wind this afternoon in the heat. I am going throw them again tomorrow morning in, hopefully, less wind. I just had my longest drive ever throwing a red one with mild dome.

Got this beautiful Scorpius today in the mail! What can you tell me about the 1.5 run? Its a 169g so can I expect some flip with a ~375ft arm or will it be a meathook? Tomorrow I will have the opportunity to test it out.
9668036d89144c09a232cfac2e47c9c7.jpg

That thing is a beaut! I don't know about that run, hopefully someone else chimes in.

The sirius 1.11 definitely have more turn than the 1.8 and 1.9 that I have thrown. Really nice flight out of them!

That thing is a beaut! I don't know about that run, hopefully someone else chimes in.

The sirius 1.11 definitely have more turn than the 1.8 and 1.9 that I have thrown. Really nice flight out of them!
Thanks! I was really surprised that they had old PFN:s left. If it flies well I should probably order some 1.11 to test. Are the 1.11 like a broken in Destroyer?

Thanks! I was really surprised that they had old PFN:s left. If it flies well I should probably order some 1.11 to test. Are the 1.11 like a broken in Destroyer?

Yes. I have thrown 4, red, blue, green, and pink. The red has the most turn. Barsby was at my league on Monday and from talking with him and handling some more, reds with some dome are the more understable ones.

Yes. I have thrown 4, red, blue, green, and pink. The red has the most turn. Barsby was at my league on Monday and from talking with him and handling some more, reds with some dome are the more understable ones.
Awesome, thanks for the info. It is actually exactly the same with red S-Line DD3's. The PLH on them is way lower than other colors. Do you know which color is the most US after red?

Awesome, thanks for the info. It is actually exactly the same with red S-Line DD3's. The PLH on them is way lower than other colors. Do you know which color is the most US after red?

Not sure. My other 3 fly about the same.

Discgolfcenter has started putting a profile shot with every disc. Red definitely looks like the highest dome, hard to see exact differences for PLH & dome for the other colors which matches up with what OTB has in their flatness ratings.

Every one of the 1.11 Sirius Scorpius run (all weights) seem to have the plastic splay showing in the rim which likely affects stability in unusual ways.

Got out to try one of the new Helio Sirius Scorpius (Halo Star) tonight (blue center, red outer). Pretty solid overstability even at 172g. Comparable to the Heimburg Halo Destroyers from the releases in '21 and '22. With tailwind I was getting ~400ft & headwind ~380ft on flatter releases.

Plastic feel is more similar to the '22 TS Halo Destroyer and '22 BS Heimburg Jonesboro run. Dome is slightly less than any of the TS Destroyer runs and the flight plate is pretty thin & flexible feeling.

Don't know when the actual run will finally release but Millennium is posting about them so I imagine before Worlds they'll be more widely available (along with some other Helios molds potentially)

Interesting this talk of runs and stability. I have a 1.9 Sirius that I have had some success with, perhaps because it is only 161 grams.

I do like the numbered run idea.

anybody get a helio scorpius? Interesting plastic, not halo, like a mix of g star & champ. reminds me of those tye die destroyers.

Curious about the Scorpius. I've never thrown one, and I've never seen one available through my local retailers. How would you guys say they differ from your typical Destroyer, Zeus, DD3 ect....

A (innova made) DD3 and a destroyer kan be more similar than a destroyer and a destroyer. A scorpius is a DD3 is a destroyer is an Emperor more or less IMHO.

Got me a 1.4 standard scorpius with a huge dome yesterday. Great grip, pliable flightplate, absolute bomber, no need to beat in. Would recommend.

Curious about the Scorpius. I've never thrown one, and I've never seen one available through my local retailers. How would you guys say they differ from your typical Destroyer, Zeus, DD3 ect....

first thing is they are destroyers, just older molds and different runs at that.

the one ill recommend is the barsby sirius understamped 1.11 mold i prefer lighter drivers so . The scorpius standard scorpion stamped 1.3 was just a pretty predictable destroyer nothing speical imo.

still havent got to throw the helio scorpius, but two things of note is the plastic is different from any run, its stamped 1.1 and the rim is much flatter generally denoting less overstable destroyer mold. --This is a pretty commonly referenced vid when it comes to destroyers but doth explains the last part of my statement if you haven't seen it yet. if you have you'll know what im talking about

overall you just have to try one out and remember that there are several runs & plastics of the scorpius.

you can identify the run of Scorpius more easily since they usually have 1 run per plastic blend per year + some special blends (swirly Sirius/echo Sirius/Lunar Quantum/Helio recently) all with run numbers on them somewhere.

within each run you can get slightly different flight characteristics usually distinguishable by the color & weight but most are slightly less OS than the Destroyer for the same plastic blends.

I find the hand feel to be a bit less sharp of an edge compared to the Destroyer & DD3.

first thing is they are destroyers, just older molds and different runs at that.

the one ill recommend is the barsby sirius understamped 1.11 mold i prefer lighter drivers so . The scorpius standard scorpion stamped 1.3 was just a pretty predictable destroyer nothing speical imo.

still havent got to throw the helio scorpius, but two things of note is the plastic is different from any run, its stamped 1.1 and the rim is much flatter generally denoting less overstable destroyer mold. --This is a pretty commonly referenced vid when it comes to destroyers but doth explains the last part of my statement if you haven't seen it yet. if you have you'll know what im talking about

overall you just have to try one out and remember that there are several runs & plastics of the scorpius.

forgot to include the vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATdgZfZpxZQ

Holy moly, I had to snap up an order when I saw the Helio Scorpius! Why do they look so much cooler than Halo Destroyers, they should be the same thing? Maybe they use Shimmer Star? (It says "shimmery" in the description) I know Shimmer Star isn't exactly sought after normally. I switched to Destroyers for my 12 speeds already, hearing they will likely be less stable sounds perfect.

I also already decided to just go beadless for my throwing putter (because they stopped making premium Aviar Drivers), so I grabbed Q Omega 4s. And the Solstice seems like the perfect compliment to the Aurora I already bag as my main midrange, especially considering they can't seem to make flat Roc3s anymore. I am *stoked* for this order to come in!

If they got a Toro/Zone clone, I could go full Millennium for by bag.

Last edited:
Got the order in today and had to go toss! Millennium shipping costs could use some work but it got here fast and the order was perfect.

I got a 167 and a max weight. I only threw the 167 because the max weight is a backup for my "forehand" destroyer. First of all, these Helios feel better than my Star Destroyers. It's ideal distance driver plastic; grippy but firm, moderate dome. Solid heartbeat pop top, but it's not a bubble. This is the good stuff!

To be honest, I'm not up to snuff on my backhand to launch a 12 speed, but I can get them out to over 350, and this one went straight about 80% of the way and then had that fresh plastic hyzer bite. I have the feeling this is going to be my main guy!

Latest posts