• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Scorpius

From what I remember a ZG scorpius was the picture on pdga when the approved it

That probably accounts for the differences(less plastic filling up a mold)

It could be the pdga did a crap job measuring it. I don't see this conspiracy you are trying to paint.

Lol. I'm sorry for stating simple observations. There's no conspiracy, and I wasn't pointing a finger at the PDGA or Innova or Millennium. I just was making a simple observation - there's no need to get testy. Have you held one? Thrown one?

While I don't have any recent run (post patent #) Destroyers, I have tons of older run Destros. For me the Scorpius flies like a Destro until the end (just like ZJ said). I was getting these out in between my stable and flippy Destros; about 450. Good disc, but I'm interested to see how it beats in.

Lol. I'm sorry for stating simple observations. There's no conspiracy, and I wasn't pointing a finger at the PDGA or Innova or Millennium. I just was making a simple observation - there's no need to get testy. Have you held one? Thrown one?

It was more in reference to this post.

Joz said:
So....I'm not one to jump to conclusions, buuutttt the Sirius Scorpius I just picked up doesn't look and feel any different from my stack of Destroyers. Like at all. The PDGA specs say the rim was 2.4cm (which is the same as the PD2) compared to the Destroyer's 2.2. Not feeling that either. I haven't thrown it yet, so I'll reserve judgment, but I think I just got ripped off.

and

Joz said:
zj1002 said:
I can say this

Astra looks like archon, they fly differently

Quasar looks like boss, they fly differently

And that's after multiple runs of both

That's a good point, you're right. What I was getting at was the disc that was submitted to the PDGA for approval is NOT what was put out. That much is evident.

Last edited:
And where in those posts did I infer a conspiracy? Looks like I was again sharing my observations.

And where in those posts did I infer a conspiracy? Looks like I was again sharing my observations.
You were stating that the disc they sent to the pdga is not the disc that was released to the public. I was just offering a different perspective on it that maybe the pdga didn't measure it very accurately. Either one could be true but I doubt they did it just to rip you off.

I'm not seeing that. It's supposed to have the same rim width as the PD2, but I think it is more Destroyerish.

That is what i thought as well. And having held one, i wouldnt have argued, they feel the same to me. But, its possible DGS has mis typed something.

Star Destroyer
long range driver
Flight characteristics Overstable
Produced 2007june
PDGA Approval date 20070626
Detailed information
Diameter 21,1 cm
Maximum weight 175,1 gram
Height 1,4 cm
Rim depth 1,2 cm
Inside rim diameter 16,7 cm
Rim thickness 2,2 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio 5,7 %
Rim configuration ratio 30,50
Flexibility rating 10,66

Sirius Scorpius
long range driver
Produced 2012 May->
PDGA Approval date 20120520
Detailed information
Diameter 21.1 cm
Maximum weight 175.1 gram
Height 1.9 cm
Rim depth 1.2 cm
Inside rim diameter 16.3 cm
Rim thickness 2.4 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio 5.7 %
Rim configuration ratio 26.25
Flexibility rating 9.41

comparing like plastics for best comparison

Edit* PD2's #'s for fun

S PD2 - Chaos
long range driver
Produced 2012feb->
PDGA Approval date 20101203
Detailed information
Diameter 21.1 cm
Maximum weight 175.1 gram
Height 1.9 cm
Rim depth 1.2 cm
Inside rim diameter 16.4 cm
Rim thickness 2.3 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio 5.7 %
Rim configuration ratio 27.25
Flexibility rating 12.25

Last edited:
Hey ZJ you beaten up one yet? Reason I ask is Ive been trying (throwning tomahawks and spikes) but its still not what I would classify as "seasoned" (only had it 3 days). Im wondering how these will break in compared to the poppy top echo star destroyers, as I only have one left and cant really find them anymore. Im hoping that the scorpius beats in similarly to the echo stars.

A bit of wear but still plenty of LSS. It locks in a bit straighter and will drift right on a flat 450 throw into wind. When new it wouldn't drift. The plastic is really nice and durable which helps in the tough terrain down here.

I only use it like 2-3 times a round anyways(for big distance that finishes left). OLF/DD get almost every shot over 375. Still working the Scorpius into the rotation. It's usually a "second shot" disc on big holes for when I want to test a bigger/riskier line

Yeah I have two, both 168. The one I've been intentionally destroying will track right on 420 foot throws in no wind now. The other one ive only thrown 4-5 times and it's pretty beefy. The one that I've been throwing is pretty domey and glides really well at this point. Really solid disc.

How accurate would it be to call this a speed 12 Quasar?

I love the flight of my Quasar and nothing goes further for me but I really prefer the feel of a speed 11 or 12 rim. Unfortunately my DD's don't get the D Quasars do.

How does this disc compare to DD's and Quasars with 450ish D?

I might just order one and see for myself. Are they available in max weight quantum only or did they make a Sirius version? Was hoping they'd run Sirius Quasars but seems like that won't be happening anytime soon.

MikeC

I have been using QOLF and DD. put the Scorpius right in the lineup and it separates itself from the DD

Scorpius is more stable than the quasar. And it the stabilty hangs around longer. The Sirius have more dome, where the Q came out flatter. But both molded up nice. The feel is somewhere between a destroyer and teedevil. It reminds me of an xcal without a nose spacer if that helps

I prefer the Sirius Scorpius. Great for long flat or flip hyzers. I've written more about it in the DGR Millennium thread

MikeC

I have been using QOLF and DD. put the Scorpius right in the lineup and it separates itself from the DD

Scorpius is more stable than the quasar. And it the stabilty hangs around longer. The Sirius have more dome, where the Q came out flatter. But both molded up nice. The feel is somewhere between a destroyer and teedevil. It reminds me of an xcal without a nose spacer if that helps

I prefer the Sirius Scorpius. Great for long flat or flip hyzers. I've written more about it in the DGR Millennium thread

Funny, because that is the same bottom rim.

Latest posts