• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Scorpius

What if...theyre not different?

What discs? Scorpius and Teedevil? I haven't held a Scorpius, but unless the PDGA really butchered the measurements they are two completely different discs.

If you are talking Destroyer vs. Teedevil they aren't the same either (at least not REAL Destroyers).

I really like the S-Scorpius. The Q-Scorpius all came out flatter and have less HSS. They seem to lose stability rather fast compared to the Sirius. Great for long turnovers and flips

The stock S-Scorpius is great for all around control. They have a nice stiff dome and tons of glide

The best, and I mean THE BEST run of Scorpius is the bottom-stamped S-Scorpius. The plastic is different from the stock run and they came out super poppy top. The bottom wing is a bit more concave as well helping to make these really stable. I can throw this into any wind and it doesn't budge off the hyzer. It would somewhere between a stable destroyer and PD2. Perfect stability for a speed 12

I like my bottom-stamped Scorpius. It definitely is domey.

ZJ - Do you think there is any reason why in-bounds disc golf has the Scorpius shorter in D than the Destroyer (it's only like 6 or so feet, but still)? My bottom stamped Scorpius flies just as far as my old domey echo destroyers.

6ft is pretty minimal difference

I imagine their algorithms just pumped that out. I would say anything within 15-20ft just depends on the thrower. distance is basically neck and neck with a destroyer

I think the Scorpius is marketed as being more stable so it might be harder to get up to speed to see the same distance

I've not measured the rims, but mine feels every so slightly smaller than my Destroyers. Like as if it's 11.723 speed instead of 12.

I agree, I find the Scorpius to fit better in the hand. Feels more like an 11.5. But that is probably just a mental thing :D

For kicks one day I carefully measured several wraiths, surges, trespasses, destroyers, forces, xcals, bosses, DD2s, and nukes with calipers and the results were:

wraiths, surges, trespasses: ~2.13-2.16 cm
destroyers, forces, xcals: ~2.27-2.31
nukes, bosses, DD2s: ~2.46-2.49

If I measured well (tried my hardest) then you should be able to estimate the true rim width of the scorpius based on feel. My guess is the disc is 2.3 and the pdga measured it .1cm wider just as they measured the destroyer .1cm thinner. Watch out though, everyone there with me was convinced the DD2 was a 2.3-2.4 rim and it was a 2.5 rim just like the nukes and bosses (just as the pdga measured, suprisingly) but it felt much better in the hand because it has a blunter/rounder edge.

I just bought some off Marshall Street. Other places were $3 more (DD, discgolfcenter)...

ETA: I think my bottom stamped scorpius is the perfect replacement for my old (and pricey) echo destroyers. Perfect dome(& glide), good stability, same flight.

Last edited:
So where does one get a bottom stamped scorpius?

Out of the basket! :D

20130320180739.jpg

its like a destroyer top. no vulcan to this thing at all

Sirius Scorpius are the good ones

Just like how Champion destroyers are meh, so are Q. Hard to admit but true, unless you like it to be really straight

Got some of the Bottom Stamped white ones, they have more HSS then I was expecting and arent as stable as my poppy Echos. They are good discs just not the stable Destroyer I was hoping for. Anyone know if the first runs or the newer runs are more or less stable then these?

The bottom stamped Sirius are the most stable available.

I'm a bomber and I don't flip them in a headwind. Don't really need anything more stable

Has anyone beaten one of these up yet? How does it compare to a beat Destroyer?

Latest posts