• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Scorpius

Yes I have been throwing the Scorpius for a few days now

The Zero-G scorpius molded up better than just about any blizzard disc I have seen. It has a nice even dome, nothing too flat or crazy domey.

The 155-159gs should be the closest in flight to a normal Scorpius. They are fairly stable, more so than a blizzard destroyer despite having similar shapes. The light weight Scorpius are straight with a nice low speed fade at the end. The disc shows a good amount of HSS for a lightweight disc.

The disc has a very comfortable feel in the hand. more like a "11.5" rim. It is a tad smaller in wing width than the destroyer and the bottom rim isn't as concave, fairly flat compared to the crazy concave blizzard destroyers. The top is also pretty close to a destroyer but fairly uniform, in that there aren't any noticeable notches or dips(like the TeeDevil top), just a flat top on the wing.

The Zero-G scorpius molded up better than just about any blizzard disc I have seen. It has a nice even dome, nothing too flat or crazy domey.

The 155-159gs should be the closest in flight to a normal Scorpius. They are fairly stable, more so than a blizzard destroyer despite having similar shapes. The light weight Scorpius are straight with a nice low speed fade at the end. The disc shows a good amount of HSS for a lightweight disc.

The disc has a very comfortable feel in the hand. more like a "11.5" rim. It is a tad smaller in wing width than the destroyer and the bottom rim isn't as concave, fairly flat compared to the crazy concave blizzard destroyers. The top is also pretty close to a destroyer but fairly uniform, in that there aren't any noticeable notches or dips(like the TeeDevil top), just a flat top on the wing.

I've been growing pretty fond of my 140g blizz Destroyer, and I didn't really expect to. Just as stable as a normal one, good flight plate, smooth moderate dome. With headwinds around 15mph it gets on the edge of being controllable under full power, though. What sort of winds have you tested the Scorpius under?

These sound sweet. May check them out once they come out in Sirius. Tasty destroyers are frustrating to come by.

I'm definitely intrigued by them... I'm still in love with the OLF and Quasar.

Was pondering going to Star Destroyers, but I can only find Destrulcans in my local PIAS and I'm not going to buy them without feeling them. Might look into the SScorpius when released.

The Sword is a very good Destroyer type disc, the glide on it is quite remarkable.

The Sword is a very good Destroyer type disc, the glide on it is quite remarkable.

Caved and bought a VIP and Tournament. Looking forward to throwing them as I've only heard good things.

anybody else have any more info on the Scorpius, i know the DN guys had thrown the zero-g's but i'm wondering if anybody has their hands on the Sirius Scorpius yet?

This is EXACTLY my experience with my new 150gm zero g Scorpius.

Very easy to control with easy distance. Like a Destroyer... but better (for me). Easily my favorite (blizzard style) disc. It has yet to "get away" from me when I get carried away with how hard I throw it.

anybody else have any more info on the Scorpius, i know the DN guys had thrown the zero-g's but i'm wondering if anybody has their hands on the Sirius Scorpius yet?

I've been throwing a Sirius scorpius

The stability could be compared to a good force or hurricane

Same type of flight as the ZG but more stable, if that makes sense. I'm going to try to beat one up because it has more LSS than I usually prefer. Its still fairly easy to hit straight on but it won't flip forward as well as the ZG do

what parts of existing molds make up this disc? i know its destroyer-based but what did they do? I am waiting for my local store to get them so i can see for myself but thats not until monday

what parts of existing molds make up this disc? i know its destroyer-based but what did they do? I am waiting for my local store to get them so i can see for myself but thats not until monday

I know I said they fly better for me than a Destroyer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same mold - just a new run. I can't see a difference when I look at them (but that doesn't mean there isn't any difference - I just don't see it).

I know I said they fly better for me than a Destroyer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same mold - just a new run. I can't see a difference when I look at them (but that doesn't mean there isn't any difference - I just don't see it).

What do the specs say? Im curious as well. Ima check discgolfsweden

ive said it before

Astra looks like Archon - different flights

Quasar looks like Boss - different flights(and they actually are different tops)

I'll say this, if you want a destroyer type disc try out the Scorpius. It is considerably more stable than any Destroyer currently being produced, even if the intention was just to have another destroyer. Its got the forward movement of a destroyer with the LSS of the SPD2. The ZG Scorpius, when tested again a destroyer of the same weight and PLH, proved to be more stable as well. So whatever they did with the scorpius it definitely separates itself from a destroyer

Latest posts