• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini disc games

skinner21

* Ace Member *
So I just ordered one of those wham-o mini basket sets and I got thinking about how great of a drinking game this thing could be. I just need help think one up.

my preliminary idea was to have a set of distances where you bet a set number of drinks. you get all six discs and if you miss then you take the drinks, and you get to hand out double the number you bet. I don't know the distances yet becasue I don't have it yet and I don't know how hard this thing is.

Any other ideas for drinking games or other mini games that you can play with this thing?

http://www.everythingdiscgolf.com/Wham-o-Mini-Basket-p-16241.html

The minis that it comes with are a bit hard to throw. They are very light and the plastic always seems to stick to my thumb. I think they are hard enough with out adding alcohol into the equation. I am practicing my releases to have better success.

The basket it self catches very well. If you have some mini ultra stars or some other minis you might be a little better off. The "driver" minis that are heavy seem to be a bit too heavy and I am afraid that one would rip a chain off.

did you get different minis or just use the ones that came with it?
Usually the other ones (aviar minis) although I can get a huge hyzer flip out of the ones the set comes with. They're very understable.

I won one of the wham-o mini baskets in the mini golf doubles pub crawl at worlds, tied for 1st. I've also got a "real" mini basket. The wham-o one is worthless in comparision, allthough if you found some different chains to use it may catch fairly well.

as far as a drinking game...
in= drink
miss=drink

When I played a drinking game with mine the other night. We used 16oz Brews and threw six discs. For every one that went in, the other player had to drink a shot of beer. The player that runs out of beer first is the "loser". But, we all know there is no loosing in a game such as this. Just switch up hole locations making is easier or harder.

You can play a regular round of golf, laying out either a 9 or 18 hole course, by simply moving the basket from room to room.
The whole lower assembly is plastic, which means it can be put nearly anywhere, including the bathtub, for an "island" hole, with the water being O.B.
Add a running shower for realistic foul weather rounds.
Also you can use furniture, like beds for mando's, forcing people to do rollers underneath stuff. I use houseplants to create challenging "woods" holes inside.
Use fans to create cross winds near the basket to add an extra degree of difficulty.
Move the wifes glass miniature unicorn collection to safety before starting any round involving Tequila shots.

Latest posts