• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] MINT Discs - Longhorn

Keep getting an error message trying to login/register...

Please fix errors before continuing

Check your email for a verification link to activate your account.
An error occurred while saving your account, please try again in a few minutes.

nothing email either...
don't want to lose what's in my cart...

ordered from them before, never had this problem before...

:(

LATE EDIT...barely beat the clock here at DGCR

took to long (to me anyways) to get email...

:confused:

I was able to get my order placed...

:thmbup:

:)

nothing email either...

sorry you had to deal with that, it sounded like one of the guys got it worked out for ya. thats the first ive heard of that issue before

nothing email either...

Yeah sorry about that. We made some changes on the backend with the way accounts were working(launched a wholesale portal) and it's affected some existing retail customers. So far the best way to fix it and retain the customer info is to just send that reset email. Shoot me an email if you have any problems again [email protected] and I can fix it quicker.

Friend found an uninked one in some bushes recently. More turn than a seasoned Wraith, not a real beefy finish. Decent distance. I liked the plastic, but not gonna kick Wraiths out of the bag. Kind of similar to a Trace, depending on your power.

Longhorn

Tried a Longhorn for the first time today. Unknown weight. Eternal plastic. I'm not at all familiar with Mint discs, and this is the first one I've seen/thrown. Eternal plastic seems to be like champion/Z. Very nice looking stuff. Clear and just slightly gummy.

The Longhorn is a Wraith-like disc that is surprisingly similar to the Gateway Journey I tried last week. Like the Journey, the Longhorn has more turn and less late fade than a Wraith. The numbers given for the Longhorn are 11, 4, -1, 3.

My initial reaction to the Longhorn is that it's surprisingly long, but not on every throw. Maybe 1/8 throws I'd get the thing high and slightly turned, and it would seem to catch a jet stream and absolutely BOMB. I had a couple turned-over 450' missiles, while most other throws would fly a more pedestrian 400'. I can't really explain this. The 2 freak throws were beautiful to behold, but tough to replicate on command.

The Longhorn is somewhat resistant to turn until you really bear down on it and basically force it over. Thrown flat I'd get little to no turn. Thrown high and anny I got a couple of the mystery throws described above. Late fade was gradual/graceful. No dumpiness.

Overall I liked the Longhorn. It flies like a beat Wraith with less late fade. This disc will gladly take all the arm you have, and respond accordingly with extra turn and distance. If Mint ever introduced a speed 13-14 disc with these numbers it could be a massive bomber. The plastic is wonderful, and I like the way it flies.

Longhorn: 11, 5, -1.5, 2. Slightly more turn and less late fade than advertised. Another good option for Wraith throwers who want a mellower overall flight. Capable of very long throws if you're able to get it turned with some height. I feel like the Longhorn flies with slightly more zip than the Journey, and it definitely went further at times.

Tried a Longhorn for the first time today. Unknown weight. Eternal plastic. I'm not at all familiar with Mint discs, and this is the first one I've seen/thrown. Eternal plastic seems to be like champion/Z. Very nice looking stuff. Clear and just slightly gummy.

The Longhorn is a Wraith-like disc that is surprisingly similar to the Gateway Journey I tried last week. Like the Journey, the Longhorn has more turn and less late fade than a Wraith. The numbers given for the Longhorn are 11, 4, -1, 3.

My initial reaction to the Longhorn is that it's surprisingly long, but not on every throw. Maybe 1/8 throws I'd get the thing high and slightly turned, and it would seem to catch a jet stream and absolutely BOMB. I had a couple turned-over 450' missiles, while most other throws would fly a more pedestrian 400'. I can't really explain this. The 2 freak throws were beautiful to behold, but tough to replicate on command.

The Longhorn is somewhat resistant to turn until you really bear down on it and basically force it over. Thrown flat I'd get little to no turn. Thrown high and anny I got a couple of the mystery throws described above. Late fade was gradual/graceful. No dumpiness.

Overall I liked the Longhorn. It flies like a beat Wraith with less late fade. This disc will gladly take all the arm you have, and respond accordingly with extra turn and distance. If Mint ever introduced a speed 13-14 disc with these numbers it could be a massive bomber. The plastic is wonderful, and I like the way it flies.

Longhorn: 11, 5, -1.5, 2. Slightly more turn and less late fade than advertised. Another good option for Wraith throwers who want a mellower overall flight. Capable of very long throws if you're able to get it turned with some height. I feel like the Longhorn flies with slightly more zip than the Journey, and it definitely went further at times.

thank you for the review! im curious to know if yours was flat and pearly, little dome and no pearl or had a more pop top dome? for the most part, i also agree with the adjusted numbers, the initial numbers are usually what retailers give, there are some that fly closer to the 3 fade and are more resistant to turning but they aren't the majority. the flat pearly ones are the least stable of the eternal, followed by the clear eternal that have a tiny increase in dome and shoulder, then the pop top eternals being closer to the initial numbers.

it can be finicky at times with nose angles but im learning to throw it more but i prefer my alphas more so. a speed 12/13 destroyer/scorpius is on the schedule to create, hopefully this year , it would be more reliable resistant to turning than the longhorn for long arms or windier days.

thank you for the review! im curious to know if yours was flat and pearly, little dome and no pearl or had a more pop top dome? for the most part, i also agree with the adjusted numbers, the initial numbers are usually what retailers give, there are some that fly closer to the 3 fade and are more resistant to turning but they aren't the majority. the flat pearly ones are the least stable of the eternal, followed by the clear eternal that have a tiny increase in dome and shoulder, then the pop top eternals being closer to the initial numbers.

it can be finicky at times with nose angles but im learning to throw it more but i prefer my alphas more so. a speed 12/13 destroyer/scorpius is on the schedule to create, hopefully this year , it would be more reliable resistant to turning than the longhorn for long arms or windier days.

Plastic is clear sparkle/metal flake. Dome seems average. It isn't flat, but not super domey either.

I'd really like to see these back in stock somewhere soon. I know the Animus is almost identical but I really like what the eternal longhorn does and don't really want to try different flavors of the same thing

why are these so hard to find?

doesn't make sense. unless they have completely dropped the mold. The diamondback and phoenix were recently launched, Goat just got another run and the Longhorn hasn't been run since who knows when?

Longhorn was one of, if not the last mold run before the company really blew up a bit with Covid and word of mouth that they were good products. So I think they were behind from the start, selling them basically as fast as they could make them.

Then they spent last year releasing the last of their new molds for a while, and said they would be prioritizing restocks before releasing more. I think we'll see a new Longhorn run in the near future, they sell way too well on the secondary market to drop the mold altogether. There's definitely demand for them!

Also, when people ask for them on facebook and instagram, they always "like" the comments, rather than ignoring them (and I've noticed they don't "like" just everything). That suggests to me that they're definitely on the radar.

yeah, i looked on ebay and there were 2, i was just wondered why. Does it compare to any other discs in the mint lineup?

yeah, i looked on ebay and there were 2, i was just wondered why. Does it compare to any other discs in the mint lineup?

not really. the goat is more like a nice overstable force in my experience, and there really aren't any other fast comparable drivers.

the closest things I've thrown have been pro wraith, esp surge, and streamline trace. but the longhorn that I have thrown has less fade than the first two. it's been widely speculated that the TSA Animus is the same mold, but I haven't thrown one myself to compare.

One could even argue that the Longhorn flys exactly like a streamline trace. . .

I had one in Sublime, loved it. I found it to live right between a Lucid X Trespass and a Lucid Trespass. So stable-ish wraith world. It was just a sample size of 1. If I thought I could buy a couple and believe more were on the horizion I would have stuck with it. I ended up bagging the lucid X trespass for a hot minute, and my snap started returning post injury and I moved to the Hurricane/Wave pair.

If they were consistently available I would recommend them to anyone looking to fill the slot. I may even pick one up to test in the waves spot.

Latest posts