• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Modifying your Instep

I used a hose clamp for the bottom ring for about $1.10, 7 s hooks for about 26 cents each and 7 23" sections of chain to add an inner set of chains to mine for less than $20 total and it catches a LOT better now.

Three More

Well. Just had my birthday and got some cash. I ordered one new DG200 last Sunday and it arrived on Tuesday. I misread the ebay ad and thought that the seller only have 1 available. Ends up they have more. Plus, when you spend $150 or more you get an extra 10% off. So I just bought two more tonight. :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390188372724?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

So it looks like I"ll be modifying three more very soon! Then I'll have all 9 baskets on my course the same. I'll be able to plant two of my home-made models somewhere else on the properly and will have my other portable available to move around as needed and for putting practice.

Well. Just had my birthday and got some cash. I ordered one new DG200 last Sunday and it arrived on Tuesday. I misread the ebay ad and thought that the seller only have 1 available. Ends up they have more. Plus, when you spend $150 or more you get an extra 10% off. So I just bought two more tonight. :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390188372724?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

So it looks like I"ll be modifying three more very soon! Then I'll have all 9 baskets on my course the same. I'll be able to plant two of my home-made models somewhere else on the properly and will have my other portable available to move around as needed and for putting practice.

Nice:hfive:

Mine was kind of a low tech upgrade . I used zip ties to hold the chains to the basket, and I used a # 10 piece of copper wire to make the ring for the inner chains. It works very well. Made this mod about 4 years ago,and it still works great

Bumpzilla.
VMInnovations has 'em on sale for $79.99 shipped, and there are coupon codes floating around to knock a few bucks off.
Finally bit the bullet and ordered one, I'm going to pull the chains off my homemade one and make a second layer on the Instep. I'll report back with my findings.

How does it compare to the Instep?

i like the way the insteps are held together with pins a lot better
the park and sun baskets screw together

also the costco comes with 3 discs (my brother still carries the super understable driver

My Park and Sun basket that I bought two weeks ago uses pins just like the step. No screws except for top piece / flag holder.

Added an inner set of chains with zip ties and pulled in the outer chains. Also unhooked the bottom chain ring and tightened it up with a hose clamp for the outside chains and zip tie for the inside one. Catches very well.

My Park and Sun basket that I bought two weeks ago uses pins just like the step. No screws except for top piece / flag holder.

Wow, that's an upgrade.
The part where they screwed together was my only real complaint.

Wow, that's an upgrade.
The part where they screwed together was my only real complaint.

Yeah, mine broke over the winter, the welds holding the bolt part of the assembly failed. Now I need to implement some sort of inner sleeve the hold it together.

This is the most I've modified an instep.

1456116_560548460680939_2032683605_n.jpg

Changed out the pins with bolts, and have wire rope going around the branch and through the top of the flag holder and around one of the bolts and back up and out. I put a fuel line hose around the wire to protect the branch. I works pretty well if you want to hang a basket.

Fyi, for those doing zip ties, they wont hold up in the sun if you are keeping them outside. I replaced mine with flexible metal wire.

This is the most I've modified an instep.

1456116_560548460680939_2032683605_n.jpg

Changed out the pins with bolts, and have wire rope going around the branch and through the top of the flag holder and around one of the bolts and back up and out. I put a fuel line hose around the wire to protect the branch. I works pretty well if you want to hang a basket.

I like it!!! :clap:

Fyi, for those doing zip ties, they wont hold up in the sun if you are keeping them outside. I replaced mine with flexible metal wire.

The black zip ties will hold up longer than the white ones, but even they get brittle eventually.

Honestly, s hooks can be found in bulk online pretty cheap, and they're very permanent.

Get better zip ties! I have 9 baskets outside for a course, and they have been out for a year and a half and none have broken. Even if they do start breaking, it is pretty cheap to replace.

Get better zip ties! I have 9 baskets outside for a course, and they have been out for a year and a half and none have broken. Even if they do start breaking, it is pretty cheap to replace.

Have you ever priced an S-hook?

To the original post:
Someone has permanently mounted an Instep portable !

etbb68.jpg

It was done by finding a pipe smaller in diameter to allow it to fit within the provided two piece pipes. The smaller diameter pipe was buried and concreted. The instep basket pipes were then slipped over the smaller pipe. Had to drill a hole for the basket bolt is all.

Latest posts