• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Moonshine Air Judge

My soft judge isn't really flat/ round any more. I can sit it on a table and see gaps. Still flies almost like new stability-wise.

I had picked up one of the OKC stamped moonshines. They feel fantastic. A little less domey vs my GBO fusions.

The color is no good for me. It is almost the same color dirt/ dead leaves. Might work for glow rounds but there is no way it will work as a regular use as my driving putter.

I'm hoping it feels and flies similar to my eMac hybrid judge so I can have one for glow, the color does scream danger for loss.

I'm hoping it feels and flies similar to my eMac hybrid judge so I can have one for glow, the color does scream danger for loss.

You shouldn't really expect moonshine lucid air plastic to feel like the hybrid too much. It feels like the lucid air does. These just have a similar profile and flight I would say. They don't feel bad either.

The color is one of the main reasons you don't have thousands with production stamps being sold. They were too cool not to save from the grinder and put out in the DG world though. I think Rusco had already decided that but prior to the Oklahoma Open I also encouraged him to put them out in the world. :D

You made the right call getting one ordered when you could. If it's going to be a backup thrower I suggest not inking it or tossing it near any hard surfaces until you know you like it. You can probably resell it for a little bit more easily. There are a lot of people who missed out.

I meant feel as in the profile of the disc in my hand not the plastic texture so it sounds just right from your description I play a lot of glow so I don't see myself selling but who knows.

Thanks for all the advice.

I meant feel as in the profile of the disc in my hand not the plastic texture so it sounds just right from your description I play a lot of glow so I don't see myself selling but who knows.

Thanks for all the advice.

Yeah I figured you meant more profile and I think you'll be happy. They look pretty cool too. I didn't care for the white stamp but the black and especially dark blue stamp look pretty sweet. I'm debating on putting the black stamp in the bag or not. I think I'll keep them both in storage for now and keep throwing my fuzion dyemax. It's beat in to a perfect straight flight and I have confidence in it.

Who got their order today? Mines sitting at home while Im stuck at work, lets see some pics!

I picked up a few in person at the store on friday I believe. I can go pull them out of the box and snap a few pics. profile I assume? I'll post them in a bit.

The black stamped

osg504.jpg

The dark blue stamped

ricm4w.jpg

you can see the white stamped on their website I didn't get one I liked the other two better.

Profile shot with air judge on left, gbo fuzion judge on right

dcsw3a.jpg

Profile shot with air judge on left, classic judge on right

14klmbs.jpg

Seem to be a little more cream and less orange caramel than my Oklahoma one. I assume that means it glows better as well.

Have 3 of these sitting at the house. Can't wait to get off in the morning and see what these are like!

Seem to be a little more cream and less orange caramel than my Oklahoma one. I assume that means it glows better as well.
I think these are the leftovers of the Oklahoma's that didn't get stamped. I have one Oklahoma that is lighter than the other, almost a different color of caramel, but doesn't glow as well as the darker one. That said, both discs are hardly glow discs. They lose their glow waaaay too fast.

Probably more of a lighting thing. There were like 500 total I think or close to it. That includes the Oklahoma open ones and while there is some color variance in the five bins I saw most all are pretty close. I just took these pics out on the hot tub during the afternoon so they might look lighter.

They shouldn't be considered great for glow rounds really. I haven't even tried charging these but I know they were scrapped partly because the color and lack of glow. That's why they weren't going to be released but it's a pretty cool disc regardless and I like the big judge stamp and rarity of them. They do fly great. I look forward to some regular lucid air runs or moonshine lucid air when they get it perfected. I'll take a pair in bright green and call it a day. :thmbup:

Latest posts