• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Wow, P.I.A.S. Selections!

SD86

Banned
Went to three different Play It Again Sports (PIAS) locations in the Atlanta area today. I was pleasantly stunned to see the increase in diffferent molds. The location in Roswell/Alpharetta (Mansell Road) had a full compliment of Discraft, Prodigy, Lat 64, some Dynamic Discs, and of course still a lot of Innova selections.

They had Lat-64 Rivers in Opto and GL, Furys, Diamonds, XXXs, Saints, Saint Pros, and a ton of others others; two columns full of Prodigy (I'm not up to speed on Prodigy models, but they had a bunch). They had Escapes, Witnesses, and other DD discs and a good number of Judges and Wardens in different plastics. No MVP, though... but the North Dekalb Mall location had a good number of MVP discs, mostly in Proton and Proton Soft.

I got a Lucid Judge, Classic Blend Warden, and on-sale DX Destroyer ($2.99, brand new disc). I made sure to gush at the counter about how great it was to see all the different molds. The guy said people had been asking for them... especially Discraft.

Looks like we're getting better selections, and that's because people asked...

The one in Kennesaw is good too, I got a pretty sweet black sparkle opto Scythe today free with my disc card!

You guys are lucky, the one near me hasn't updated their stock since December! The racks are almost bare and when you ask when they're going to get more, he says, in a few weeks or coming soon. He's been saying that now for 3 months.

You guys are lucky, the one near me hasn't updated their stock since December! The racks are almost bare and when you ask when they're going to get more, he says, in a few weeks or coming soon. He's been saying that now for 3 months.

Two of the three PIASs I visited have multiple DG courses near them, and they're aware of it because they get good business. If there are DG courses near your PIAS, you and other players might want to make sure they know that, and let the traffic to the store show them what they need to do.

Of course, if they're not doing much DG business, they're not going to be inclined to fix their inventory... one PIAS in the Atlanta region doesn't have courses nearby and therefore doesn't stock up very often. Curiously, that store happens to have the only decent selection of Glow plastic discs....

They know. There are 2 courses less than 5 miles from them and 6 within 15 miles. Tried telling him once that he's the only game in town besides Dick's. The discs sell when he stocks them, guess he doesn't really care for the crowd.

Funny, I just got back from a further off PIAS. They had 3x more to choose from at least than my local one. Grabbed 2 12x kc pro rocs and a seasoned DX roc. Way better than the local store that only has factory 2nd grooves and mambas, with the occasional trilogy or prodigy disc or 2.

Love the Roswell location, but the Kennesaw, which is closer, is growing on me. I wish they had more used stuff but I love having local places to go and actually handle discs. One local place never seems to be open and the other is too far away to go to with any regularity, but there are enough PIAS and they really seem to be stepping up their selection.

The one in Kennesaw is good too, I got a pretty sweet black sparkle opto Scythe today free with my disc card!

I am almost at my free disc. Do they have restrictions on what you can get that you know of? My guess is the Captain America Felons would not qualify, not that I really need one of those since I throw Firebirds.

I am almost at my free disc. Do they have restrictions on what you can get that you know of? My guess is the Captain America Felons would not qualify, not that I really need one of those since I throw Firebirds.

Yeah those Captain ones are sweet but the cap on the card is $20. So you can't go with that one since its $30.

Anything else is cool though.

They don't always have much used, but it's mostly because they price much better on used than other locations and they sell fast!

The one in Cartersville has a beat up DX Gazelle for $10 so they don't move many discs.

Also they have about 20 Katana stamped Monarchs which ticks off everyone.

Love the Roswell location, but the Kennesaw, which is closer, is growing on me. I wish they had more used stuff but I love having local places to go and actually handle discs.

The Kennesaw location is a long way from me, so I don't go there often. I went last Spring, and they weren't very stocked up. Went a few weeks later, and they had a really good selection of Innovas but only a few other brands. The curious thing was that they grouped the discs by color... had to really work through them to see what they had.

I went to the PIAS stores to see if anyone had Colts yet... the Snellville PIAS usually has new stuff almost immediately. But nobody had Colts today. :( Oh well, the search for the perfect upshot putter continues (btw, the Lucid Judge I got did great today at the schoolyard).

Wait.... Disc card?!?! Is that a location specific thing or is it all pias?

Each PIAS has its own card, and different rules apply. The Snellville location is buy 10 and get one free, and one gets credit for every disc bought. I buy 10 Factory Seconds or 10 New discs, I get the 11th free. They say the limit is $12, but I redeemed one card for a really nice Star Roc3 valued at $16.99 and it was totally free.

The Roswell location requires a $20 or more purchase to get your card punched. You only need five punches to get a $20 credit, and I think that's on anything in the store.

The Kennesaw location may be one disc, one punch and buy-10-get-one-free... but I've only bought one disc there and gotten one punch.

The one in Cartersville has a beat up DX Gazelle for $10 so they don't move many discs.

Been there twice. Got an F2 Star Leopard there in a orange-creamsicle color. Good disc; it was my main Leopard until my TL booted it from the bag. Last time I was there I think they had a bit of Discraft stuff, too. But you're right: their inventory is not large, and I don't think they sell a lot of it.

Wait.... Disc card?!?! Is that a location specific thing or is it all pias?

Several locations have them, but it usually only applies to a single store.

So all 3 I have are buy 10 get one free, and at one place its 10 separate purchases then get 1 free with a $20 limit.

So if they have a beat up mildly collectable disc or anything good to give to new players I usually but them. As long as they are cheap.

Been there twice. Got an F2 Star Leopard there in a orange-creamsicle color. Good disc; it was my main Leopard until my TL booted it from the bag. Last time I was there I think they had a bit of Discraft stuff, too. But you're right: their inventory is not large, and I don't think they sell a lot of it.

They just don't quite get it yet. They used to only carry D plastic Discraft expended last year.

I talked to the manager and he said they are trying to prove to sell, and I said no your trying to price Msrp and make a 60% GM, take a 45-50 and you'll get some loyal customers.