• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Moonshine Plastic stability

Moonshine vs Opto

• Understable

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Stable

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Overstable

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
I have a moonshine saint pro. It has always been LESS stable than my Opto Saint, forget Saint pro's. I considering buying a moonshine truth but did not since I was worried about the same issue.

I have a GL Havoc and was considering a Moonshine Havoc. I saw someone else post a threat that they used Moonshine for slight headwinds, Then read some others where they said the same as you. so I figured I'd just poll the community lol.

It varies from mold to mold IME. I have a MS Truth which is more stable than my Lucid Truth in the same weight. Then I also have a MS Justice which is less stable than my Lucid Justice @ 172.

It varies from mold to mold IME. I have a MS Truth which is more stable than my Lucid Truth in the same weight. Then I also have a MS Justice which is less stable than my Lucid Justice @ 172.
Same. I have a fairly beefy (early run) MS Truth, but then I have 2 others that are much less stable (all max weight). Go figure. :\

I have only had two moonshine discs in my bag. The Saint Pro and River both discs flew a little more over stable than the opto versions that I bag.

My Moonshine Escape is definitely a bit more stable than the Opto counterparts that I own

I just got a moonshine 178 truth in the mail. Going to field test it against my two lucids. Well let you know how it compares

A Moonshine Truth is nothing like any of the other plastics. Within a tree hit or two it became the most understable mid I have ever thrown, and that includes Meteors.

My moonshine Truth is more OS than both my classic and primes.

I am never a fan of base plastics anyway, but wow, if Moonshine has more stability than Classic and Prime, then I definitely would not like them.

To be honest, this is an old debate because I have heard very vocal responses saying both they are grossly understable and that they are the most stable of all the plastics. They run the gambit of the whole range and you do not know what you will have until after a week or two of seasoning it in. I had to throw mine with nearly a forty-five degree hyzer just to throw it flat. Conversely, my heavy BioFuzions I can throw flat at power and can trust that it will always do what I want it to do.

I am never a fan of base plastics anyway, but wow, if Moonshine has more stability than Classic and Prime, then I definitely would not like them.

To be fair, my classics and primes started out just as stable as my MS. However, I like the feel of the baseline plastic better which means they get thrown more and break in faster. Maybe I have a freak MS truth? Who knows..

A Moonshine Truth is nothing like any of the other plastics. Within a tree hit or two it became the most understable mid I have ever thrown, and that includes Meteors.

Yeah I'm going to have to agree. I threw my two lucids and the new moonshine yesterday. To my dismay, it was actually not more OS than my lucids. The MS was pretty flat compared to the lucids also. My green lucid with a slight dome was able to hold a line the best. I actually found the Core to hold better for arm speed. So the lucid won't be in my bag unless its a really calm day. My midrange lineup now consists of a core for straight to undestable, beat verdict for hyzers, and a hard mace for windy shots.