• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Moose’s 2019 bag

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
For 2019 I've tried to go with discs that I know and like a lot, wile working in some Infinite Discs at times to show support for putting me on their team and adjusting for courses/ conditions.

I've got the Grip AX bag in Orange and grey, it's possibly the best bag I've ever had. Couple of different kinds of towels, ID mini, lacrosse ball to knock discs out of trees, pencils and a rock(not a Roc) for good luck that my daughter gave me.

Thinking about adding a rosin bag or birdie bag, please weigh in if you have a preference to dry sweaty hands.

On to the discs-

Drivers;

VIP Warhorse- two worn in, one fresh, all 173-175. I use these for distance forehand shots 400+ or BH in the wind or for longer skips. I can't throw them to my max D but can control them with distance very well.

VIP King- two, both 172 these are for max D backhands 375+ can hold most lines off the tee, hyzerflip to fade, s curve and turnover depending on the angle. One is an older flat one that is more OS and is more OS than any other king I've had.

Firebird- two champ one Star all 175. One is an FAF and very OS. It's great for controlled FH that I can power down to 300 ft all the way up to 400 on a flex if the conditions are right. Next is a new pearly one, not as OS but a great workhorse FH driver. The Star is thrashed and I'll use it for tailwind shots sometimes FH, but it's mainly a BH disc for me in the wind or if I need a skip or just has to finish left.

Stag- three all TP or RTP and 173-175. Newest one is a great S curve disc that fades decent. I'll throw it BH up to 380 with good control. One is about 1.5 years old and is a glidey line holder, doesn't fade very hard but is great to snake through wooded holes with a low ceiling. Last one is about 3 years old and doesn't really fade anymore, can go turn to straight nose up but mainly for turnovers at this point.

Mids-

Justice- one 175 moonshine. FH mid shots or BH Skips. Up to 350 FH not as far BH.

Bard- three of these all 177-180. One flat top VIP that is almost Justice OS and can cover fade lines really well. Middle is labeled TP but looks like a TP/VIP mix, small dome good glide, most manipulatable. Beat up BT with a super flat top is the last one. It used to be super OS and now and covers a lot more lines even can force a turnover now. All of these are primarily BH up to 340.

Putters-

Harp: two 175 one is a BT Harp that doesn't fade that hard. I use it as a wind putter or for approaches in the 250 range that need to hyzer FH or BH. Other is a BT Soft that I've had since the first run dropped. Still very OS, hits and sticks, looks like poo.

Swan 2; three of them all 175. Two of these are BT Med for actual putting and the other is a BT Soft for straight or turnover approaches.

That is the main bag, but for certain courses I'll throw in the following;

Slab- 173 and it's the super OS clear ones. I'll throw this in on super windy days especially if the course is longer.

Anubis-175 I blend, turnover mid for short technical courses.

Stego- either fossil of Amber short technical courses and very windy days.

The only things that I may switch up is if the Streamline Flare stays as good in the next round and I keep having such a hard time finding good Firebirds. Or if I can find some more really beefy Giants dropping all other distance drivers and just using them.

Thoughts?

Solid bag.

Did you try the Infinite Sceptre? If so, how was it vs. the Firebird?

I did, it's nice, but I think it's got the Monster wing. Which makes it fly great but not fit into my hand quite as well as the Firebird or Max(Slab) wing. For Bh centric players it's probably better though.

Small change, I lost my favorite King and had two I Blend Emperors sitting around that threw very similarly to the most OS King, so I'm trying to beat those in and see what's up. The BH distance slot has been the hardest for me to lock down.

Latest posts