• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

more overstable than a Stalker?

SAxDrc

Birdie Member
The only drivers I have in my bag that I use for BH shots are a Leopard and a Stalker. I probably average 280-300' with those two discs. I am looking for a driver that is a bit more overstable than the stalker. I have a Crush in my bag for FH shots but it is way more overstable than I would like for BH.

It seems like all the discs with stability ratings between a stalker and a crush (Surge SS, Nuke, Katana) are super fast drivers and i'm not sure that's what I should be going for...thoughts?

Banshee is a nice slower one that is overstable. As is an xXx.

I recommend either one especially because your distances are about the same as mine.

Banshee made a great FH disc for me as well.

If you want something about the same speed, tracker or pred if you want more overstable.

A bit more overstable than a Stalker? Same general speed. I'd say glow champ Gazelle, some ESP Cyclones.

You are describing a TL or Teebird. I like the glide of the Stalker, but I'd rather have the predictability and distance of a TL. The Eagle may also be an option - the Eagle-L will still be a bit more stable than the Stalker. I've thrown Trackers as well - they are like Eagle-X's (maybe even more stable), depending on plastic; I'm not sure they'd go much longer than the Stalker when thrown properly.

The only drivers I have in my bag that I use for BH shots are a Leopard and a Stalker. I probably average 280-300' with those two discs. I am looking for a driver that is a bit more overstable than the stalker. I have a Crush in my bag for FH shots but it is way more overstable than I would like for BH.

It seems like all the discs with stability ratings between a stalker and a crush (Surge SS, Nuke, Katana) are super fast drivers and i'm not sure that's what I should be going for...thoughts?

Last edited:

He's throwing 250-300'... a firebird is going to work him over.

If you want something a little bit more stable, go with Teebird or an Eagle.

If you want to mess around with an overstable disc, start slower, like a dx whippet or a dx viper or a dx banshee around your stalker weight, maybe even a tiny bit less.

Am I the only one who uses Z XL's as my turnover discs?

I'd say either a tracker also or try an esp predator in a lighter weight. You can never go wrong with a pred or 4 in your bag.