• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] More stable Wraith?

I would maybe try an Opto Line Villain by Latitude 64. It will feel similar to a champion line Innova disc and just slightly more stable than a Wraith.

What???????? Last post here on the subject because there are numerous threads about it. The Destroyer is NOT more stable. Flight numbers don't lie. It will act more stable if you don't get it up to speed. All I throw are Wraiths and Destroyers and thrown at proper speeds they have very similar flight paths. I have Destroyers that are less stable than some of my Wraiths.

And the Halo is very close to a Destroyer. I haven't had a ton of field time with them but the ones I threw (GL and Opto) were not as stable as Destroyers.

Flight numbers do lie. I had a Champion Boss that had numbers indicating it had less hss than my Blizzard yet the Blizzard is considerably more stable. I also had a Star Destroyer that had the exact same numbers as my Pro Destroyer, yet the Pro was actually understable.

And yes I understand that a destroyer and a Wraith have similar flights at different speeds, but I was talking about throwing them at the same speed. Which would have the same net effect as a more stable Wraith.

By your standards an Aviar has more stability than a Destroyer when thrown at the same speed...

And yes I would agree that the Halo is less stable than most Destroyers but in my experience it is still more overstable than a Wraith. It's just going to depend on what plastic and weight you get.

The Destroyer is NOT more stable. Flight numbers don't lie. It will act more stable if you don't get it up to speed. All I throw are Wraiths and Destroyers and thrown at proper speeds they have very similar flight paths. I have Destroyers that are less stable than some of my Wraiths.

The "speed stable" discussion is sort of pointless because all discs will turn when thrown fast enough, and all discs fade when they slow down enough or get nose up. If you throw a Destroyer and a Wraith at the same speed, the Destroyer should act more overstable. Sure if you throw a Destroyer faster than the Wraith, they will fly similar lines, but that's sort of irrelevant to anyone who can't "get a Destroyer up to speed" and throw it 450'.

They're all over the spectrum in terms of stability, but even the biggest arms in the game will still use a beefy Destroyer for their overstable driver on long distance throws, not Wraiths.

Last edited:
The "speed stable" discussion is sort of pointless because all discs will turn when thrown fast enough, and all discs fade when they slow down enough or get nose up. If you throw a Destroyer and a Wraith at the same speed, the Destroyer should act more overstable. Sure if you throw a Destroyer faster than the Wraith, they will fly similar lines, but that's sort of irrelevant to anyone who can't "get a Destroyer up to speed" and throw it 450'.

They're all over the spectrum in terms of stability, but even the biggest arms in the game will still use a beefy Destroyer for their overstable driver on long distance throws, not Wraiths.

I agree but the OP wanted a more stable Wraith. I was just stating that on average the Destroyer isn't a more stable Wraith. Now, not taking the "average" disc and taking into cosideration the different plastics, runs, and inconsistencys of the molds you can find more overstable variations of the same disc. If someone asks for a more stable "disc X" I'm going to give advice on how a disc acts at proper speed. If you take speed out of the equation then a Destroyer can be a more stable Buzzz.

Hifi- pro plastic is almost always more understable. Especially when beaten in. Now your talking variations within plastic and that's a whole different can of worms. Inconsistency within runs has made it where you can find every variation of Destroyer. I also have no f***ing idea what you meant with the Aviar comment.

Latest posts