• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Bomber to complement Destroyers

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions! This gives me a nice list to tick off! I think I will start with these as they tickle my interest the most:

S Pharaoh

The one I had flew a very tight line, almost FW like, and worked really well in tunnels. I'd like something with a bit more exaggerated S-flight though. I still plan on getting a new one as comparison though since I know it works well enough for this slot.

I've thrown a lot of Pharaohs in I and S (well, splatter S, if that matters). The S are usually more beefy than an Enigma, and the I are bombers for a little while, then they're trick roller and tomahawk discs. Best lines for a Pharaoh are standard lines on an Enigma for me at something less than 400'.

It would be worth your while to throw a Gstar Destroyer or Wraith (or Corvette!). Gstar is closer to Pro (infinite I) in flight, but doesn't suddenly turn into a roller like Pro. Out of the box Pro/I bombs.

The one I had flew a very tight line, almost FW like, and worked really well in tunnels. I'd like something with a bit more exaggerated S-flight though. I still plan on getting a new one as comparison though since I know it works well enough for this slot.

Fwiw that's how Octanes fly for me, very straight.....while Mayhems have more of an S flight.

Hurricanes are also great for the already broken in but not flippy destroyer, though recent tour series have been close to good destroyer beef.

I have a Gstar Destroyer in the bag actually, but the plastic is too soft, especially the rim. It's nice as a winter disc that I don't mind losing but otherwise I don't like the feel.

Fwiw that's how Octanes fly for me, very straight.....while Mayhems have more of an S flight.

After doing some research Mayhem is the one I'm gonna go for first out of these, it might be the one I'm most excited about. Haven't thrown any MVP made distance drivers except the Trace.

FWIW, this is the disc spot I just hate to chase.

If my arm speed was consistent enough, and I was no longer trying to improve this might get simpler, but for me, finding a disc that will reliably flip but not burn on a high distance line is time ill spent. I wish I could get true max distance shots down reliably, and maybe someday I will, but I expect it will come from my form improving and stabilizing since I cant get it to happen with the same disc two days in a row. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but if I was, I assume we'd all be throwing super far.

Also, my best advice other than Pro Destroyer is try really hard not to lose seasoned destroyers. Those things are worth 175g in gold.

Also, my best advice other than Pro Destroyer is try really hard not to lose seasoned destroyers. Those things are worth 175g in gold.

My plan is to now always have a Destroyer I don't mind losing in the bag. It's one hole at my home course where I keep losing them in a nasty pond (most of the time). Sadly this is also a perfect hole for this slot, but I might try to make something else work there that I can get out of the box.

I hade a couple of throws each with the new Octane, Mayhem and Enigma and the stability seems to be in that order from most to least stable. This was in winter boots and on a wooded course where I didn't get to see the whole flight. Need to wait another month probably before I can test them for real on open space without ice and snow.

Based on these throws the Octane might be too close in stability to my Destroyers. From a hyzer the Mayhem flipped up to flat and the Enigma flipped up and over. I remember the Enigma being a nice woods driver but maybe too understable for the open, I don't remember it fading much.

Both the Octane and the Mayhem seem more stable than my Gstar Destroyer that's still as good as new.

I hade a couple of throws each with the new Octane, Mayhem and Enigma and the stability seems to be in that order from most to least stable. This was in winter boots and on a wooded course where I didn't get to see the whole flight. Need to wait another month probably before I can test them for real on open space without ice and snow.

Based on these throws the Octane might be too close in stability to my Destroyers. From a hyzer the Mayhem flipped up to flat and the Enigma flipped up and over. I remember the Enigma being a nice woods driver but maybe too understable for the open, I don't remember it fading much.

Both the Octane and the Mayhem seem more stable than my Gstar Destroyer that's still as good as new.

Yeah, don't judge any discs until you throw them in proper weather conditions. I've done enough throwing in horrible weather to know that you won't see a disc's true flight.

I agree with you on the stability of those 3 discs. Octanes can be beefy, and IMO don't outfly Destroyers.

Give the star Corvette a look. It's less stable than a Destroyer, but more stable than an Enigma.

Minus the price tag, I've found the Rive to be a great bomber option. I found one used for $13 in great condition and thought what the heck. I was surprised at how far this thing goes. I'm around the 400-420 mark, so with your power, it should s-curve for you nicely.

I second the Giant suggestion from earlier, or the World from Westside.

I feel like I can probably find an option that works well enough among the Gstar Destroyer, Mayhem and Enigma. Then it's just a decision on how far into the rabbit hole of testing discs I want to go to find a disc I really like...

Even though I threw it in bad conditions I don't believe the Mayhem will be more understable than I want. It definitely seems to fade more than the other two which is important for me, I don't want a disc that keeps turning if I flip it over too much, which I think the Enigma does if I remember it correctly.

I feel like I can probably find an option that works well enough among the Gstar Destroyer, Mayhem and Enigma. Then it's just a decision on how far into the rabbit hole of testing discs I want to go to find a disc I really like...

Even though I threw it in bad conditions I don't believe the Mayhem will be more understable than I want. It definitely seems to fade more than the other two which is important for me, I don't want a disc that keeps turning if I flip it over too much, which I think the Enigma does if I remember it correctly.

The Mayhem is definitely a touch more stable than the Enigma. Both will turn, but the Mayhem comes back better late in flight.

If you like MVP/Axiom you could also try the Relativity and Excite. Both are fast, long, and somewhat flippy.

The Mayhem is definitely a touch more stable than the Enigma. Both will turn, but the Mayhem comes back better late in flight.

If you like MVP/Axiom you could also try the Relativity and Excite. Both are fast, long, and somewhat flippy.

My bag is slowly shifting towards MVP/Axiom, not on purpose though haha, I just seem to vibe with almost every mold I try that's made by MVP. I really like flat discs and that's probably the reason.

14,5 speeds is a bit too much, 23mm rims are maximum to feel comfortable for me.

Fission Wave is my current bomber but "bomber" for me = it goes 300 sometimes. :gross: Can't get the Proton Catalyst going but 450 might get it looking better.

I got some throws with the contenders today, although in very heavy wind. Octane seems to fly pretty much as a fresh Sockibot for me, straight to fade-ish. The Gstar and the Enigma was the least stable of the bunch and could not handle a headwind at all, especially the Enigma. The Enigma flipped on me in a pretty heavy tailwind straight into a pond so that's gone and probably won't be replaced.

The Mayhem is definitely the most interesting. It seems to have a pretty nice neutral-ish stability but could still handle some wind. It definitely have a more reliable fade than both the Gstar and Enigma. Powered down on it once and could still work it quite effortlessly.

I could see bagging a Mayhem for the open as well as a Gstar Destroyer for the woods and water shots. This alongside my Destroyers and my Tern, maybe I can squeeze in the Octane as well.

From what I've seen the plasma mayhems fly a bit more overstable. You should be able to grab one of those and cover everything between Destroyers and Terns with the same mold.

I did some field work with the Mayhem and Octane along with my Destroyers and my Tern, this time on snow free ground. Although it was very wet and I had rubber boots on (with low shaft but obviously not ideal). I definitely saw some more turn from both the Octane and Mayhem this time.

The difference between these discs are really quite small, at least when it comes to my pair. The Mayhem turns the slightest bit more but fades just as much. I honestly think the flight numbers at pretty spot on when it comes to differences between the discs. Without headwind I could hammer both of these discs flat or on a small hyzer and given enough height they would turn some and then fade reliably, landing at about 130-140m every time. They could even handle a slight anhyzer with enough height and they do not require as much effort as my fresh Destroyers. Overall I think that the Octane flies a tighter line, while the Mayhem flies more of an S-shape, but really the difference is not big IMO. I also love that both of them are so flat and while that might rob some glide and distance flat discs tend to release so much better from my hand that it's definitely worth it.

I'm not a big fan of the black rim on the Octane, it makes it harder to follow in the air and this might be the deciding factor in the end if they keep flying this similar. I do have space for both these discs in my bag and they'll both stay there until I've made up my mind.

Really digging both the Octane and Mayhem, maybe leaning towards the Octane as it's a bit more stable, I still get some flip up and ride from it though. I'm even thinking about trying a Panic as something more OS and try how ditching the Destroyers feel.

As of filling the slot I wanted to fill, both the Octane and Mayhem will do it.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!