• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most embarrassing disc golf injury.....

BionicRib

* Ace Member *
Top this if you dare!

I was playing a tourney at Trinity Links in Lockport IL. Hole 2 from the long tee (the one that throws over the mucky swamp pond) Threw my trusty Rhyno (the best disc ever made btw!!) and hit the big tree to the right of the muck and bye bye rhinesy. Spent two hours+ looking for the darn thing(using a rake to scrape the bottom) . The smell of that swamp will haunt me forever, and anyone who has played there can vouch for that. There is a tree that was fallen over that acted as a bridge to small island in the murky pond. I crossed it with the rake and searched more......(pulled out like 5 or 6 discs none of which were mine)...............Went to walk back over the tree.....slipped.........fell on the tree and landed on a limb about a foot long sticky out of the trunk.....Thank god it didn't go in me, but it broke a few of my ribs and the broken ribs punctured my lung. Hurt like hell, (the ribs) but when your lung is punctured you really don't feel it until its almost completely collapsed......Thanks to a few stragglers that were hanging out after the tourney (thanks again guys sorry i got your rake all dirty) they helped my wife and I take me back to the car......and to Silver Cross ER......I won't go into the gory details, but I spent 2 weeks with a chest tube and ended up having a thoracotomy where they went in to stitch my lung up and plated my rib.............and I was reborn as Bionicrib.

The embarrassing part is......I went through all that for a stinking putter that I still to this day have not found.

Moral.........Don't let looking for precious plastic........end up in a 6 figure hospital bill..........Thank god for insurance...........

Mine's not quite that severe, but still embarrassing. After a round at Morley Field I was walking back to my car. Right near the practice basket and first tee there's a high curb to step over into the parking lot. I apparently wasn't watching where I was going, and in front of the 15 or so people waiting to tee off and the handful of folks at the practice bucket I landed shin first on the corner of the curb, busting it open down to the bone and bleeding everywhere.

this is a pic of the same kind of champ rhyno........not the one I lost........same color, but the one I lost has the stamp completely wiped. I know they have a lost and found there so if anyone see's one like this (im sure my name and number has washed away by now but you never know) PM me I will make it worth your while to give it back.

Attachments

• 0220122200.jpg
    0220122200.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 112
me too........throw farther than I did before so I'm not complaining :thmbup:

DAMN Trinity's stinky little pond! :mad:

I haven't lost any discs in it (yet), but I'm convinced that's what brings the small herd of goats onto the course...

(You HAVE seen the goats, right? They come from the property next door through a gap in the fence.)

DAMN Trinity's stinky little pond! :mad:

I haven't lost any discs in it (yet), but I'm convinced that's what brings the small herd of goats onto the course...

(You HAVE seen the goats, right? They come from the property next door through a gap in the fence.)

LMAO...........that was good..........and yes I have seen the goats

I was helping a friend get his disc out of Wilson Creek that runs through Alex Clark DGC in McKinney, TX. The bank is about 20ft up from the creek itself. I slipped and grabbed a tree root with my left hand. The force of the fall tore up my shoulder. It took over a year for it to get close to all right. Good thing I didn't get my feet wet.

Last Memorial Day weekend, my buddies and I drove about an hour out to Oxford OH to play this beast of a course. So we pulled up right next to the second teepad to start. So I start stretching, and I am doing a backstroke kinda motion with my arms. Not knowing that there is an eight foot retaining wall behind me, my momentum forced me to step backwards. Next thing I know I fall to the parking lot. Well at first I was totally embarassed. And than I thought I **** my pants. But the disc in my hand ended up under my ass. I had some small scrapes and both my hands had some tingling in them. I get up to throw, and when I release my disc there is a snapping and one of the worst screams ever. I finish the hole (par). Played one more hole left handed. And walked the last 16. If you have never played here it is a lot of up and down hills. I didn't want to force my buddies to leave on my account. Come to find out I broke the radial head bone. I learned how to throw left handed last summer, thanks to this injury.

BionicRib said:
LMAO...........that was good..........and yes I have seen the goats

The first time I saw them, they were hustling down I think it's #4's (??) fairway that borders the property line. All I could do was this: :eek: :eek:

They looked like they were hungry for plastic. :D :D

Also, there's this.

And old-timey classic thread, not for the faint of heart. Most embarrassing? Maybe not, but definitely pretty gruesome. :eek:

Mine's not an injury (other than to my personal pride and dignity) but when you said embarrassing, I felt I had to share this:

I was playing a competitive round with a group of friends at Walnut Creek in Charlottesville, VA. This course plays around a large murky lake. On one particular hole I shanked my go-to, perfectly beat in stalker and it sailed left (I throw lefty) and landed about 7 feet out into the lake...but it landed on some lilly pads so I could still see it. I wasn't gonna let it sit there so I got the longest branch I could find and tried to fish it out. Unfortunately it fell off the lily pad and went to the bottom. Soo...I decided to go in after it. Now I'm a chubby guy at 5'9'' and 230 lbs, so when I made the decision to strip down to my underarmor athletic undies...you know it was a desperate move. If you're grossed out, just wait for what comes next...so I start wading into the pond and it drops off immediatly so I had to start treading water and diving down to find the disc. Well about five minutes into doing this, a guy and his girlfriend decide to stroll up to a bench about 30 feet from me and sit down to watch. It was bad enough having my friends laughing their heads off and video taping it. It got worse though. There was a parking lot about 200 ft away from the pond where I was at and this mini van pulls in with some kids bikes strapped to the back of it. WOuldn't you know it, out hops these three kids and their parents let them start riding around the parking lot...in full view of where I am.

I finally did find the disc. Was it worth it? No. Worst round I shot for like 4 months. Plus, I probably damaged some people's eyes when I went streaking towards the woodline after finding the disc.

I have no dignity, so I felt like you all could have fun some fun reading about my embarrassing "injury." Hope nobody throws up ;-)

Also, there's this.

And old-timey classic thread, not for the faint of heart. Most embarrassing? Maybe not, but definitely pretty gruesome. :eek:

ya I saw that, but I figured make it a disc golf injury.........most of those are just random accidents that happened elsewhere.

True, true, not trying to prerube ya...just was reminded of that finger when I saw the thread....ugh. :sick:

this is a pic of the same kind of champ rhyno........not the one I lost........same color, but the one I lost has the stamp completely wiped. I know they have a lost and found there so if anyone see's one like this (im sure my name and number has washed away by now but you never know) PM me I will make it worth your while to give it back.

I have one almost this exact same color. Funny though because it was purple when I bought it. It is blue now though.
photo100.jpg

Last edited:
Playing barechested a few years ago, coming forward with my bh, a new S Wraith with the flashing still on it slid across the base of my nipple, giving me what amounted to a serious paper cut. Had to wear medical tape on it for a week so I could wear a shirt. Talk about tender...

i took a z nuke right to the mouth, didnt see it coming, no idea where it could have came from. i was finishing up my tee shot on #17 at Ryan Ranch, its a par 3 that sits on the bottom of slope, so no other holes really come into play, as i was walking up the hill-- BOOM right to the kisser. The embrassing part, it knocked out my front tooth. i still have the z nuke, and love the disc, but it wasnt a fair trade.

I stooped over to mark my disc at Cass Benton in Michigan. Did not see the branch just over my disc. My right shoulder broke the branch and I was slightly impaled in the shoulder by the branch. It was a small branch, only about 2" diameter, but it bruised the hell out of my shoulder. But it was great to see the look on my friends' faces when I turned around with six inches of tree sticking out of my body and blood streaming down my chest. Was able to play again in a few days.