• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most hated disc ever...other than the Groove

crusadersounds

Je Me Souviens Never Forget
Of course we have all seen Groove Hate threads. That's old school and we're tired of it (yet we still do it!).

I use my groove a lot. On hole 9 there is a straight tunnel shot 300 feet. I take out my groove fill it with water and give it to my dog while I break out the Buzzz :). I have not been able to figure that disc out, and even when you do, the next groove you touch will be totally different.

I want to know what other discs people hate. Is it the Slipstream GT for you? Maybe an R-Pro Boss that you used for 2 rounds and you can barrel roll it bc it's so flippy? Maybe it's your First Run CE Teebird (in which case, I'll gladly give you $20 for it!) What do you hate?

there were/are a bunch of discs that were once in my bag that I grew to hate. the one that comes to mind is the havoc :(
stable as hell with predictable fade out of the box, flippy as sh!t after a few tree hits.

Gateway Evolution Blast DT. Just dives left. Try and tomahawk it and it doesn't turn at all, either way, just goes straight and hits the ground on edge.

I can't really think of a disc I absolutely hate. Lately, I have started disliking Breezes, Comets, and Firebirds. They just aren't for me.

I have a hard time holding Vulcan topped discs comfortably.

I like the flight of the Archon too, just doesn't feel good in the hands.

@codyroberts18 I hated my Z comet, so I traded it. Then I realized that it was just too light. Now I want a heavier one to give it another chance.

Star gator is a stoopid overstable mid, and kyle, the wahoo has a mile of distance on a hyzer flip if you use it well. I'm mad that I've now lost 2!

I hate the washed-out Opto colors from Lat 64. I've had several discs that felt and flew great, but they ruined it by making them some ridiculous tranlucent earthtone color. My favorties are the "yellow" optos that are really the exact color of dry grass. :\

Star gator is a stoopid overstable mid, and kyle, the wahoo has a mile of distance on a hyzer flip if you use it well. I'm mad that I've now lost 2!

haha you want my wahoo? I can see it hyzer flipping for distance...I just can't do it. Maybe it's just the name...let's play which one of these things is not like the other: gator, viking, orc, monster, xcaliber, teerex, wahoo. Where did they even get that?

Serious post is serious: I have wasted several hours of my life trying to figure out why the Innova Wolf exists. It's super flippy with no glide. The time-tested n00b disc formula is flippy with good glide so when you get no snap if still glides out for you a bit. The Wolf drops like a brick. If you get any ass behind it at all it turns and burns. When you back off it, it goes nowhere. WTF???

Yes, yes, I know you can use it for a roller. The Cobra is a better roller AND can actually be used for some other purpose. After careful consideration, I decided all a Wolf was good for was touch approach shots where you are afraid you will go long with your putter. :|

In other words: useless.

I have no love for the Sidewinder. If I never see that disc again it will not be a day to soon.

yeah i think the wahoo might be worse than the groove. i at least know you can have a good throw with a groove.

anyhow i like the champ vulcans...they are hard to control but they go forever. i might need to try out a katana.

yeah i think the wahoo might be worse than the groove. i at least know you can have a good throw with a groove.

anyhow i like the champ vulcans...they are hard to control but they go forever. i might need to try out a katana.

You will love it if you hit it right. If you don't you will swear it was made by the devil, trust me I know ;)

Agreed with wahoo's being worse than grooves. For my pretty big arm, the groove does exactly what its suppose to do, while the wahoo can be put on the biggest hyzer with like 100 feet of air and it still rolls.

Wahoo = Worst Disc Ever

Latest posts