• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Most overstable driver you've ever thrown

I had a flat rose colored TI force that just wasn't meant to fly in the air lol.

Just going with the OP's first word in the title "Most" (which IMO means 'to the greatest extent of anything out there..'), and that IS a 'tuned to max OS' Epic.

Probably a sp Torrent. Board flat and beefy. I do stay away from high speed beef though.

THIS...
the First Run SP Torrents with dome are useful BH drivers, but that next run of SP that came out Table Top Flat is just flightless. Insanely difficult to get 180' ft of flight with a FH. I had to stop trying as I was screwing up the grass around the midfield area of the local HS stadium.

I throw a Nuke OS that is pretty flat, a Flat Flick and have thrown the Ape regularly - comparatively they are all bombers next to the Flat top Torrent

Tsunami, Phase, & Flick. In that order. I love OS discs. That said, the Tsunami was so OS it was unthrowable for me. The Phase was only slightly better; too fast for this ancient noodle arm. The Flick however is a workable OS disc for me and has been an integral part of my bag for some time now.

I got a Z Flick back in the day that was wicked. The parting line was so high that the top of the wing was flush with the flight plate; the whole diameter of the disc was board flat on top. I had a number of Champ Firebirds in the bag (back when FAF 11x was regular stock) but that Flick made them all seem pretty tame in comparison.

That Flick was unworkable for me, even back in my days of misguided torque usage. I lost it after a few rounds and didn't even mind.

Discraft Z Flick. Stiletto is probably 2nd, but Flick by far. Works great this time of year as a skipper off ice and snow and if you throw it topside the super flat top slides and skips like a greased up sled (think, Christmas Vacation)

Most OS in my bag right now is an MVP Phase...and it's frankly not CRAZY OS. Just turn-resistant and an early kick-in on the fade.

Most OS ever was a wonky (I guess) TeeDevil I tried. It was so glideless, and crazy OS.

yep the flick. thought it would be great for my sidearm, but its a glide-less turd that won't go over 200ft no matter how hard you throw it. it's been on the roof of my house for 2 years.
runner up to a domey boss, at least it will go over 200ft, but must be thrown on a pretty severe anny for any distance.

THIS...
the First Run SP Torrents with dome are useful BH drivers, but that next run of SP that came out Table Top Flat is just flightless. Insanely difficult to get 180' ft of flight with a FH. I had to stop trying as I was screwing up the grass around the midfield area of the local HS stadium.

I throw a Nuke OS that is pretty flat, a Flat Flick and have thrown the Ape regularly - comparatively they are all bombers next to the Flat top Torrent

I'm no fan of flat Torrents. Like you said, they go nowhere. I have a couple other domey Torrents that are great long drivers. The one flat one I have is good for nothing but short hyzering flame outs.

The Nuke OS I have is still SIGNIFICANTLY more stable than any Torrent I've ever thrown too.

And yes, some of the newer runs of Star Destroyers are total pigs.

Tsunami, Phase, & Flick. In that order. I love OS discs. That said, the Tsunami was so OS it was unthrowable for me. The Phase was only slightly better; too fast for this ancient noodle arm. The Flick however is a workable OS disc for me and has been an integral part of my bag for some time now.

I've had a Flick in the bag for years too, and I love it. It's fairly severely overstable, but not even close to the most stable thing I've thrown. It lacks glide badly, but I can still muscle it out 330' or so. Very good for short, accurate drives. Just lay it out hard and right of the hole and watch it arc in with a heavy fade.

I carry the Flick and Champion XCal in the bag. I like them both equally. The Xcal is maybe a hair less stable and has far better glide. It can be pushed out to 350'.

The Xcal combines overstability with usefulness. It can be finessed or muscled. Very predictable late fade though. I like it better than I ever liked the Max or Monster.

This should have a poll. That would be fun.

A lot of is the particular Disc or run of Discs. I have had 3 Flicks, 2 were workably stable - one due to shape and wear, the other because I got it new at a lower weight (150g). However, the third I bought is crazy stable, and honestly I haven't had interest in that model since I got it, except to use my crazy stable one for those rare events when I need that.

Last edited:

Latest posts