• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] What is the most Overstable Driver?

Most OS Driver?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Champion MF Max
/thread

Seriously it is, in manys opinion, the most OS disc ever made. Simon Lizotte even said it is the 'stupidest' disc ever made, and his reasoning was because it doesn't "fly" like a disc is made to do.

Personally I'm a big FB thrower and the 12x FAF and Gow are both in the bag and even the Spirits with some dome out beef them.

I had forgotten about the Max and Monster but the Spirit probably out hooks even them.

Last week I took all of these out that I own and the Rask, Ape and Stiletto were all 425-450+, got the FB and XXx to right at 400 and only got the Spirit out past 375 once and that was on an anny line so steep it was nearly an OH.

The new flat Star Destroyers are pure beef. Read the last few pages of the Destroyer's Unite thread if you haven't already.

Would try one but the stability of the dozen or so Destroyers I've thrown has been Boss like at the high end and almost Tern like in some runs, so I have a hard time seeing one more OS than even an Ape or PD2.

Would try one but the stability of the dozen or so Destroyers I've thrown has been Boss like at the high end and almost Tern like in some runs, so I have a hard time seeing one more OS than even an Ape or PD2.

Yeah they are very OS for a Destroyer...but not an X1 or Stilletto. I just throw a bit over 400' and I can tell the difference, so I'm sure guys who can actually make these pigs fly a little can tell more difference.

P
Last week I took all of these out that I own and the Rask, Ape and Stiletto were all 425-450+, got the FB and XXx to right at 400 and only got the Spirit out past 375 once and that was on an anny line so steep it was nearly an OH.

Are you flexing all of these? Or are these your distances on flat-ish shots (other than the Spirit throw you mentioned)?

I'm just wondering why a lot of these discs were made...I lose like 80-100' on drives although I'm not a huge armed 450+ guy. Do people just love these for hyzer bombs in massive headwind? Or to get any real distance does everyone flex shot them?

For factory run discs I have yet to throw anything as stable as a Nuke OS, but I have not thrown every disc on the list. From what I have heard the Spirit or H1 are probably the most overstable. I voted Nuke OS based on my experience.

When it comes to xouts I had a Stiletto that I couldn't get more than 275' out of. It wasn't even usable on windy days and it gets pretty windy in Vegas.

The Phase is beefy, but I don't think it's quite up to some of these at the top of the list. Given enough oomph, it'll glide out some for me before going submarine.

Probably a little inadvertently, I used to be an Oat monster but have worked on form greatly.
I've got some vids of me throwing FH some for Max D some not.

Oh I didn't realize these were FH flex shot discs for you...makes a lot more sense. I am more BH flat or slight hyzer release so a lot of these discs (especially X1 and Stilletto) are shockingly OS for me.

In the lightweight relm, a Champ FAF Firebird or maybe an H1 are the barons of beef. Discs like the Ape and PD 2 are available, but they usually only top out at 150 grams. This causes them to fly a lot straighter.

In the lightweight relm, a Champ FAF Firebird or maybe an H1 are the barons of beef. Discs like the Ape and PD 2 are available, but they usually only top out at 150 grams. This causes them to fly a lot straighter.

True^ I have a 147 Ape and its fairly straight though predictable.i have seen Spirits as low as 110 but have no idea what it would fly like. There are 150s out there though.

In Japan you can go up to 159 right?

Oh I didn't realize these were FH flex shot discs for you...makes a lot more sense. I am more BH flat or slight hyzer release so a lot of these discs (especially X1 and Stilletto) are shockingly OS for me.

Yes FH with slight flex is how I get D. I do the hyzer BH too but max out around 390-400 and prefer the control offered but FH an Overstable disc VS hyzerflipping an understable disc like a D4 or Katana that I'm not sure how it will finish.

My vote is for the Nuke OS. I had an early run Z and I spent two years trying to knock the OS out of it. Talk about a losing battle. Trying to milk distance out of it with copious anny did horrible things to my shoulder, I still feel the ill effects to this day. I candidly refer to it as "Satan's distance driver".

Last edited:
As far as non-production discs, the most OS thing in my collection is my 175g Blizzard enhanced Champion TR mold TeeRex. 100% USDA approved grade A beef. I use it as a utility disc though, not a driver.

As far as non-production discs, the most OS thing in my collection is my 175g Blizzard enhanced Champion TR mold TeeRex. 100% USDA approved grade A beef. I use it as a utility disc though, not a driver.

Nice! I always thought those would be beefhookmonsters, but never bothered to get my hands on one.

Flat to puddle topped fluid enforcers are by far the most overstable driver I've thrown. Made my FAF firebird feel easy to throw in comparison.

Latest posts