• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Popular Triology Discs

Dr.Smooth

Double Eagle Member
Well, curious being a big fan of trilogy stuff (certainly their are many great disc co's out their now). What do you think as a fan or thrower of triology stuff is the most popular?

You can only pick one disc. And you may chime in even if you don't throw trilogy stuff(westside, DD, Lat 64). If you play with people who do you may have noticed what is coming out of your buddy's bag the most. No pun..

So what do you think is on the course most between these three companies: Dynamic Disc, Westside and Lat 64?

Pure and River have to be in the top 5. Judge is probably DD's most popular.

I wouldn't say these are necessarily the most popular, but I can't live without 'em:

Putter: Warden
Approach: Harp
Midrange: Truth
OS Fairway: Stag
Driver: Escape

saint pro is my fav, but what seems to be popular around my area are warships, seems like everyone around the course has one

I bag a few of the Latitude variety. Mercy, River, Striker ( that has TWO Aces BTW!) and have tried several of their other molds.

I am currently liking the Retro plastic for my circle putter and all my bagged drivers are Gold Line. I believe that GL does have that magic glide and is the sweet spot for their charted flight numbers.

Opto plastic is where the "beef is" if you are looking for the most stability in a mold and the longest wearing plastic in Lats's line up.

I throw the River, the Fury, sometimes the Flow. (all in GL) I also use the DD Judge. I tried the Freedom and I do not like it.

If I could only have one in my bag, it'd have to be the Judge. I love the River, but it's not indispensable.

Of the Trilogy, the most popular I see on the course(s) is Lat 64.

River is the first thing that came to my mind... and I've been seeing a lot of Judges lately (all on the course, thankfully).

I bag a few of the Latitude variety. Mercy, River, Striker ( that has TWO Aces BTW!) and have tried several of their other molds.

I am currently liking the Retro plastic for my circle putter and all my bagged drivers are Gold Line. I believe that GL does have that magic glide and is the sweet spot for their charted flight numbers.

Opto plastic is where the "beef is" if you are looking for the most stability in a mold and the longest wearing plastic in Lats's line up.

Now to actually answer the question...:doh:...sometimes it helps to ACTUALLY READ and pay attention :eek:.

If were to guess popularity/sales wise it would be in this order: 1. Pure, 2. River, 3. Saint.

opto pure would be my pick. best driving putter i've ever thrown.
Same here. Love it for tunnel shots and short drives. So easy to power down and throw with pinpoint accuracy. I putt with zero pures too, and I have a stack of them for backyard practice.

I also like the Saint Pro.

Now to actually answer the question...:doh:...sometimes it helps to ACTUALLY READ and pay attention :eek:.

If were to guess popularity/sales wise it would be in this order: 1. Pure, 2. River, 3. Saint.

Reading alone is asking a lot. Asking us to read and pay attention....Not happening lol

I see tons of Truth, Harp, Giant, Tridents and Stags. Pretty good bit of Tresspasses a while back, not as much now.

A few years ago I would have said the Pure and River, but it seems like all the hoopla has ebbed around here, I haven't seen either one thrown in a year. Once everyone seemed to have a Pure, I don't know anyone that throws one now.

So given the trend around me now, I would say the Truth is the current winner. I've also found 3 Truth's this year! (2 happily returned).

The Suspect is still my favorite though. Followed by the Judge, Truth, Verdict and Escape.

Being right in the middle of DD country, I'd say I see more Judges than anything, but that could be a regional matter.

I choose fuse, but the diamond is also a great disc, as well as the trepass.

My best guess is whatever is newest. Trilogy fans seem a little fickle around here in that the newest thing seems to be an irreplaceable part of their bags, well at least till the next release.

Latest posts