• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

A 165-168g DX Stingray for the noob. With my arm speed in the beginning, it would go straight for days with a nice face at the end. Turn it on an annie and it will turn nicely then pull out fading at the end.

For me it's a toss up between the Magic and the Pig. Magic is like the Comet of putters, great in the woods, does elevator shots and uphill putting well, and the Pig feels so natural on a forehand or spike shot, wish they would do a flat GStar run of them.

I'd nominate the Viper and the Glide. I saw them mentioned a few pages back, but I can't recall playing with anyone else who had them in their bag. I have multiple copies of both and use them often.

I'd say the Ont.King Cobra.

For such a great mold to go under the radar is a serious travesty, even more so now that it's going OOP....

WHO doesn't want a seasoned roc out of the box that stays that way?..?

rhyno/2ndrunFD/PD all have a following.. the true KC does not :(

I am still very new to the game, but I really like my champion monarch. I don't see or hear of a lot of people using it.

From my past bags:

-Innova, ontario, Cobra
-Discraft XL and Cyclone both (old distance record holders)
-Millenium Sentinel

Current bag:

-Lat 64 Mace
-Innova Mako, Ape

Their are certainly more but these come to mind first.

Most underrated disc has to be the Viking. The Viking is a "Valkyrie X" so it is unbelievable that it is not a more popular mold. People are just dumb I guess.

One reason it's probably not that popular is the lack of available plastics. A star would be nice and a Pro might really bomb! Come to think of it, I have never even come across anything but DX in the shops. Yeah, one can mail order, but I like to fondle my plastic.

Buzzz GT. Near-Wasp HSS but without the stupid bead.

Most underrated disc has to be the Viking. The Viking is a "Valkyrie X" so it is unbelievable that it is not a more popular mold. People are just dumb I guess.

That may be a bit unfair. The Viking and Valkyrie are pretty close, maybe too close. Ergo, most people get one or the other ,and as Grotto said above, the Valk comes in lots more plastics. Add to it that the FL and now Thunderbird are more stable-overstable Valkyries, and the Viking again is squeezed out. Those that have Vikings usually don't get Valks.

And don't get me wrong; I have thrown a DX Viking, and it's a good mold.

XD's for sure, sometimes can throw a bit long with them but very good throwing putters and even putting putters for people who don't like the way taller putters feel. There's a few players here in ND that throw them and got me to try them, now I carry two...one beat and one new. I probably don't need to carry them given the fact I throw my Judges and Rhino pretty often but the beat one gets thrown often for anny's.

Latest posts