• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Moving to Dallas

jumbo

I will be living 2 blocks from Greenbelt and wanted to see if there are any regulars at the courses in that area. I am going to be doing the tour de dallas while we are there for the next 2 years.

Welcome! I live in North Dallas, near LBJ and the Dallas North Tollway (you will know where that is after you live here a little bit). Jimmy Porter is the closest course to me, which is a couple of miles south of Greenbelt. Greenbelt is in a state of flux right now, due to the reconstruction of part of the park, so I don't think it is playable.

You will have lots of courses within a half hour's drive of you, so I think you will enjoy your time here. You can play year-round, but June-August is probably the least enjoyable time, due to the heat. Unfortunately, that is when a Worlds would be if we ever have one here, but YOLO.

agreed, porter is the closest to Greenbelt, there are 2 minis a week. Ive heard that Greenbelt will be finished in the next few months.
Also close is lake park and ll woods, as well as 2 nice courses in mckinney

pm me if you ever want to get a round in

I will be living 2 blocks from Greenbelt and wanted to see if there are any regulars at the courses in that area. I am going to be doing the tour de dallas while we are there for the next 2 years.

yes, lots of regulars at every ok course in DFW. Disc golf is big in this area. I think it is due to lack of other outdoor stuff to do.

nice thanks guys. I will definitely make sure to meet up as my goal is to play every dallas course!

nice thanks guys. I will definitely make sure to meet up as my goal is to play every dallas course!

Good luck. I still lack 13 of them.
That 13 includes Saddle Hills & Crossroads that I've have played the front 9 of. Also Andrew Brown that I gave up on about 5 holes in.

Yeah, don't worry about playing Andrew Brown in Coppell. If you skip it, you'll be glad you did.

And I have played about every course in the area.

Play Fritz Park in Irving when you get a chance. I played it yesterday and it was awesome.

Turner - Grand Prairie
Cedar Hill (All 3) - Cedar Hill
Bicentennial - Crowley
Z Boaz- Ft Worth (just not on Saturdays)
Gateway - Ft Worth ( I heard it is in great shape)

Don't know North Dallas to well but Lake Lewisville is great and so is the one in Rockwall ( can't think of the name) But honestly take a day trip out to Tyler. Play Cherry Creek in Canton on the way then hit up Lindsey Park. So much good golf in North to East Texas

You are going to feast in one of the greatest DG meccas. 60+ courses laid out for you.

Must plays include Selah Ranch, Harry Myers, Lindsey Park in Tyler, Cedar Hill, Veteran's Park, Turner, Z-Boaz, Lake Lewisville, and Towne Lake.

I've heard good things about the Gateway clean up, so that one might also make the list. I haven't played it yet.

Other good courses include Weatherford, Dennison, Crowley, and Cherry Creek.

Have fun!

Last edited:
You are going to feast in a one of the greatest DG meccas. 60+ courses laid out for you.

Must plays include Selah Ranch, Harry Myers, Lindsey Park in Tyler, Cedar Hill, Veteran's Park, Turner, Z-Boaz, Lake Lewisville, and Towne Lake.

I've heard good things about the Gateway clean up, so that one might also make the list. I haven't played it yet.

Have fun!

HARRY MYERS, That's what I was trying to think of!!!!

Oh yeah Selah is a MUST!!!!

Turner - Grand Prairie
Cedar Hill (All 3) - Cedar Hill
Bicentennial - Crowley
Z Boaz- Ft Worth (just not on Saturdays)
Gateway - Ft Worth ( I heard it is in great shape)

Don't know North Dallas to well but Lake Lewisville is great and so is the one in Rockwall ( can't think of the name) But honestly take a day trip out to Tyler. Play Cherry Creek in Canton on the way then hit up Lindsey Park. So much good golf in North to East Texas

Just to clarify, there are only 2 public courses in Cedar Hill at Lorch Park. If the 3rd you mentioned is Mt Lebanon, its closed to the public except for tourneys and the upcoming monthly mini we'll be running starting the last weekend in July.

Welcome to the area, jumbo! Lots of great golf to be played, tons of minis almost every day of the week (when you include the entire DFW area), and several awesome DG stores!

Yeah I'm not happy about playing tournaments at a course I don't get to play regularly. I don't think I will be attending tournaments that use this course.

Just to clarify, there are only 2 public courses in Cedar Hill at Lorch Park. If the 3rd you mentioned is Mt Lebanon, its closed to the public except for tourneys and the upcoming monthly mini we'll be running starting the last weekend in July.

Welcome to the area, jumbo! Lots of great golf to be played, tons of minis almost every day of the week (when you include the entire DFW area), and several awesome DG stores!

I believe that he is referring to Crossroads.

I played Bear Creek in Grapevine today, and it was bad ass. One of the best courses I have played in a while. Its a must play if you are in the area. Locals were very friendly and helpful.

I was a fan of several of the shots there, but that walk to the last handful of holes definitely needs some signage. Any locals have a better course map than the one posted here?

I was a fan of several of the shots there, but that walk to the last handful of holes definitely needs some signage. Any locals have a better course map than the one posted here?
The map they have posted at the course is awesome, if we can somehow get a copy of it here

Bearcreek? Really? It's really the nasty kind of dirty, and not as challenging as many other courses in the area. Some of the holes make me want to puke just thinking about them.

Bearcreek? Really? It's really the nasty kind of dirty, and not as challenging as many other courses in the area. Some of the holes make me want to puke just thinking about them.

The last few holes were kind of a mess, but the rest I really enjoyed. I like a good challenge.

I am hitting Town Lake tomorrow

Latest posts