• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mt Airy DGC Alert! Threat of closure!!!

That's not such a big deal if you can catch them and get them to pay the fee when they pass the shop.

The penalty is around $200 if you're caught without a pass around here so hopefully they'll enact a similar penalty there. Other than walk-ons, I would think those who drive in and try to play free would find it risky if there is any kind of park patrol or just regular black & whites who pass through the park every so often.

The penalty is around $200 if you're caught without a pass around here so hopefully they'll enact a similar penalty there. Other than walk-ons, I would think those who drive in and try to play free would find it risky if there is any kind of park patrol or just regular black & whites who pass through the park every so often.

No park rangers at Mt Airy. But the local police love taking their lunch breaks there. :D :clap:

Wristbands seem to work pretty well. I know Fairway Flyerz uses them at Kaposia Park and North Valley in the Twin Cities.

Then again, there are no park rangers and nobody ever seems to enforce the rules. :\

Wristbands are also kind of a fun "tag" on your bag. You can tell the locals at one course here because their bags have hundreds of play bands on the straps.

Hey folks, this should work just fine at Mt. Airy. Winton Woods and Woodland Mound are packed all the time, yet the Hamilton County parks charge $3/day or $10/year...
I'm sure there's a lot of folks who slip in there, too, but I think a lot of folks will cough up the $20. I certainly will!

As close as I am to Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild I don't get up to Mt Airy often. That said, I'll still buy the 20 dollar pass.

Im pretty happy with the way this all turned out. Could easily gave been closed outright.

Im pretty happy with the way this all turned out. Could easily gave been closed outright.

Very true, but it sounds like we only have one year on the contract to hopefully show the Hamilton County Parks that this course is a bigger asset to the community than what they realize.

Very true, but it sounds like we only have one year on the contract to hopefully show the Hamilton County Parks that this course is a bigger asset to the community than what they realize.

Cincinnati Parks. Hamilton County oversees Winton, Woodland, Miami-Whitewater, and Embshoff. If Hamilton County winds up in the same situation as the city, Cincinnati's disc golf history will disappear fast.

Interesting how the city magically just found another $17,000,000.00 to put towards the street car project but have a hard time finding money for police, fire dept and grass cutting. :wall:

Interesting how the city magically just found another $17,000,000.00 to put towards the street car project but have a hard time finding money for police, fire dept and grass cutting. :wall:

Somebody should push Mallory in front of said streetcar.