• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Multi moving obstacle

That was nuts. The rule should be that the player has to be able to move the object without assistance.

There was one ball golf tournament where Phil Mickelson (I think it was him) played a shot from a parking lot. What if his ball had been under a car? He would have been able to get a whole bunch of people to lift and move the car.....that's not the way it should be. If the player can't move the object by themselves, it is immovable.

Then a parson like my dad in 2000's when weight lifting could have pushed by himself a smaller to sedan car just enough to get the disc out from under and have clear area to throw. Then me a smaller height person who can't move more then 450-500 LB on wheels, Due to also being 6 ft 2 inch. I do not have the body to do get the leverage even if I was ripped like my dad was at the time until mid 2007 when he went to focus on running more.

Then a parson like my dad in 2000's when weight lifting could have pushed by himself a smaller to sedan car just enough to get the disc out from under and have clear area to throw. Then me a smaller height person who can't move more then 450-500 LB on wheels, Due to also being 6 ft 2 inch. I do not have the body to do get the leverage even if I was ripped like my dad was at the time until mid 2007 when he went to focus on running more.

There will always be advantages and disadvantages. I play on a course where some of the players have trouble throwing from one of the tee pads due to a bush a few feet in front of it. The players are too short to easily throw over it without throwing the disc upwards. I, at 6'1" have no issue throwing over the bush. Same with an elevated basket (up on a rock). I can easily turbo putt it and at my height the turbo putt is on the same level as the basket. But, there's a tee pad with a tree overhanging the end of the pad....I have to stop my run up before I get to the end of the pad or I'm hitting a branch with my forehead. Shorter players don't have that issue.

But back to the issue with the rock....a player shouldn't be able to get outside help. Should I be allowed to get another person to hold the branch at the end of the tee pad up higher? If I'm throwing from a bush or tree, should I be allowed to have another person hold branches back?

There will always be advantages and disadvantages. I play on a course where some of the players have trouble throwing from one of the tee pads due to a bush a few feet in front of it. The players are too short to easily throw over it without throwing the disc upwards. I, at 6'1" have no issue throwing over the bush. Same with an elevated basket (up on a rock). I can easily turbo putt it and at my height the turbo putt is on the same level as the basket. But, there's a tee pad with a tree overhanging the end of the pad....I have to stop my run up before I get to the end of the pad or I'm hitting a branch with my forehead. Shorter players don't have that issue.

But back to the issue with the rock....a player shouldn't be able to get outside help. Should I be allowed to get another person to hold the branch at the end of the tee pad up higher? If I'm throwing from a bush or tree, should I be allowed to have another person hold branches back?

I say No help as there might be that one odd out player who does not have a group to play with due to how the numbers are, can't stick them in a group of 5, the groups get too big after that size and can't fit more groups on the course/courses for the tournament.