• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Must have disc?

Anything speed 13. Just kidding.

I have an AA that I threw for about a month when I first started. For some reason it doesn't get a lot of love around here. When I first got started and posted my bag in the bag suggestions I was heavily advised to drop it as it was not a good disc. Anyway, I just used it for field practice and out grew it pretty quick as it would sometimes turn over and not come back. Too unpredictable I guess but it was the disc where I first learned to hyzer flip.

Not trying to derail your thread here but now you know at least one other DG'er has an AA:p and if it works for you, great!

Must have/essential to all; Leo would be my choice.

1. Buzzz

2. Warlock, just because I don't personally know anyone locally who putts with them...

In the spirit of the OP's name I'll go with an Obama Eagle. Everyone in America should have one, just like the number one rated player in the history of disc golf.

I would think that a Buzzz is a disc everyone should have. and as far as obcurity goes, I use an archangel quite often. I have never met another player that uses one.....or even has one!

I love the archangel I carry. It is max weight, gummy, and used to be white but it is now dirt colored. I found it w/ out a name but it looked like it had been played w for years when I got it.

It is a lifesaver if I am forced to throw backhand from a ****y lie and rounds out the flippiest part of my bag ( with an x xl coming next and after that a pro tl).

If thrown over 90% power on a hyzer it flips to a nice 400 foot roller very consistently.

I love the archangel I carry. It is max weight, gummy, and used to be white but it is now dirt colored. I found it w/ out a name but it looked like it had been played w for years when I got it.

It is a lifesaver if I am forced to throw backhand from a ****y lie and rounds out the flippiest part of my bag ( with an x xl coming next and after that a pro tl).

If thrown over 90% power on a hyzer it flips to a nice 400 foot roller very consistently.

at a local course there is an AA with "throw it long, throw it hard, just let it fly. To anyone who takes this disc from the course, may they die."

Kinda a cool idea to just have a disc that will randomly get picked up and thrown into a random fairway and just stay there until the next guy comes along to give it a toss. Cant imagine a better disc for this kinda thing tho because when i came across it and threw it the thing really flipped over and died for me. Let it go at full power and about a 7'oclock hyzer angle (rhbh) and it still flipped and rolled for me. I decided that an AA was just not my 'style.'

Other than the buzzz and magnet, I have never owned or thrown any of the disc mentioned.

Zone is a must have

I'm with Chris on this one. I've said it before, but it's the one disc that I feel I would be lost without. I carry both D and ESP Zones, and I love them all.

Z Buzzz (in the right weight for the player)

They're $ for new players in the lower 160g weights as a first driver.

For experienced players, they're a borderline fairway driver. Indispensable for my game.

I really like my comet. Super straight and good disc to learn with. As far as obscure, nothing really.

Latest posts