• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I just received two soft anodes yesterday from an online purchase and noticed some irregularities. Both had rippled flight plates but the blue had a very noticeable warp in the flight plate. The small bead doesn't even sit flush on a level surface. Would the hot water treatment fix this? Do the softs tend to have a cooling problem?

I just received two soft anodes yesterday from an online purchase and noticed some irregularities. Both had rippled flight plates but the blue had a very noticeable warp in the flight plate.

My navy blue one has a wavy flight plate as well but my clear one is okay. Im guessing it's just how the different colors of plastic cool.

I just received two soft anodes yesterday from an online purchase and noticed some irregularities. Both had rippled flight plates but the blue had a very noticeable warp in the flight plate. The small bead doesn't even sit flush on a level surface. Would the hot water treatment fix this? Do the softs tend to have a cooling problem?
Heat up some water in the microwave to boiling. Pour water in to disc fill all the way. Let sit til cool works like a charm. It probably happened in shipping.

I wish they would put out a 100% soft proton version. I do not think the 2 plastics are much other than a branding concept. I fear it will affect the durability. With the extra edges, it's easier to snag stuff. It's a wonderful putter. I would just rather see a one solid piece design. Anyone else want to see that or is it the 2 plastic design that draws you in? Personally I do not think the 2 plastics are really what gives it gyro stability in flight.

I don't think durability will be an issue. My 1st run ions have been in someone's bag since they were released and still look and fly just fine. The only durability issue is with the super shiny look of the proton plastic getting scuffed to sh*t and that hardly what I would consider a real issue.

Others have said this, but after a couple of rounds with the Anode (M) It came out of the bag. Not enough of a difference in flight path from my Ions, which I adore. I'm not saying they fly the same; just not enough of a difference to earn a slot in the bag.

With only 4 discs on the market, I would have liked to see them put out something with less overlap to something they already have. I can see these replacing ions for some people, just not really complementing them except for players with 30 discs in the bag.

Yeah I'm gonna get a Soft Anode and if it doesnt work out.. Im gonna have to find a wizard that feels like mine. If I can't I'll be looking for a new putter. Ion didn't cut it, Magnet doesn't feel well.. I'm hoping the Soft Anode works out..

Man I'm struggling to keep my ions in the bag with the anode. I'm carrying a soft eclipse heavy ion, med/soft anode. I'm trying to carry a smaller bag this season, and it seems that my beloved ion may get the boot:( For me and the way I used the ion, the anode is even better, especially the softs.

Is anyone else who loves the ion finding it moving out of the bag? :popcorn:

I would just rather see a one solid piece design. Anyone else want to see that or is it the 2 plastic design that draws you in? Personally I do not think the 2 plastics are really what gives it gyro stability in flight.

explain your theory mathematically, what do you think gives it stability in flight?

explain your theory mathematically, what do you think gives it stability in flight?

The bead. Ever ground the bead off of an Ion? The things flip like there is no tomorrow. I have no doubts that an Anode ground down on the rim will flip exactly the same.

First off, the two plastics idea and the idea that this creates a gyro effect on the disc is great and valid, however small that effect may be. My question is what is the density ratio between the two plastics? Would MVP even be willing to divulge?

The bead. Ever ground the bead off of an Ion? The things flip like there is no tomorrow. I have no doubts that an Anode ground down on the rim will flip exactly the same.

that wasn't mathematically at all... and i'm pretty sure that most discs will get flippy if you just grind the **** out off it.

i think the point that guys are missing is that with the blending of two plastics not only do you have super candy plastic that retains the discs integrity in the core, you have the outer edge that is softer to grab the chains.

if you just went to that outer softer plastic for the entire disc it wouldn't hold up as well and would end up getting beat and losing it's original flight characteristics quickly like most putters do.

Last edited:
Is there really that much difference between a Soft and a Medium in terms of LSS? I just rejected it as silly disc golf wives tales.

It seems to me the real difference is speed. The softs move and spin faster. This makes them a bit more nose angle sensitive. So a reg thrown with the nose up doesn't fade very much, but a soft thrown with the same amount of nose up will fade a lot harder. Also, since the softs are faster they will move farther left or right with their angle of release. The softs also seem to hold spin longer, which also translates into more fade at the very end of the flight. Since they are still spinning when they are slowing down they maintain lift as the disc fades, which makes them glide more to the left (rhbh). The meds/regs are done spinning as they slow so they drop more straight.

The ripples are just visual are they not? It sounds like your discs were warped a bit during shipping (did they come in an envelope?). If set flat or put in your bag the discs will return to shape on their own (mine always have).

I wish they would put out a 100% soft proton version. I do not think the 2 plastics are much other than a branding concept. I fear it will affect the durability. With the extra edges, it's easier to snag stuff. It's a wonderful putter. I would just rather see a one solid piece design. Anyone else want to see that or is it the 2 plastic design that draws you in? Personally I do not think the 2 plastics are really what gives it gyro stability in flight.

I've got some MVP discs in my bag with years of wear. They are as durable (or perhaps more durable) as I would ever want. The overmolding is what makes them different, both in flight and marketing. There are too many new disc companies right now for the average joe on the course to keep up with, but the MVP discs really stick out because of the overmold. They also really do seem to fly better than similar one piece designs made by other companies.

Others have said this, but after a couple of rounds with the Anode (M) It came out of the bag. Not enough of a difference in flight path from my Ions, which I adore. I'm not saying they fly the same; just not enough of a difference to earn a slot in the bag.

With only 4 discs on the market, I would have liked to see them put out something with less overlap to something they already have. I can see these replacing ions for some people, just not really complementing them except for players with 30 discs in the bag.

Man I'm struggling to keep my ions in the bag with the anode. I'm carrying a soft eclipse heavy ion, med/soft anode. I'm trying to carry a smaller bag this season, and it seems that my beloved ion may get the boot:( For me and the way I used the ion, the anode is even better, especially the softs.

Is anyone else who loves the ion finding it moving out of the bag? :popcorn:

I'm pretty OCD with my discs, and I must admit I prefer the idea of one putter mold. This is part of what drew me in about the Ion in the first place. The Anode fits my game style in both feel and flight better than the Ion, so I too find myself filling my bag with Anodes. The little extra stability of the Ion is not something I find myself missing, especially with a fresh Vector in the bag. That being said, I would definitely consider adding a truly understable putter if MVP were to release one.

I'm not sure if the Anode was planned to be dramatically different from the Ion in flight. The BB Aviar is not much different than any other brand new Aviar mold in stability, it just wears better in baseline plastics and feels different. People are pretty opinionated and divided in terms of their bead preferences, so perhaps MVP was trying to offer something that felt different more than flying drastically different.

Got three anodes in the mail from Marshall St the other day. So far I've only practiced putting with them. They are some sweet looking discs though. Anyone played with a violet one yet? How hard are they to find?

I'll take them out to test this week...I'm pretty much hoping that a M Ion and a M Anode will cover my putter shots.

I used my Med anode yesterday for 36 holes. That thing is money. i was hitting metal all day inside 100'. It saved me 10-15 shots yesterday no doubt about it. Once i dial it in, it'll save me even more i'm sure. I have 2 softs that will be awesome in the fall & winter.

Latest posts