• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

Really? I figured the Ion would handle wind better... since it does have that bead.
It may be my ion is worn a little, but it was less effected by the wind in the field in all directions. The only difference beyond that is the last 5% of the flight the is faded more. I also gravitate towards no beads so there is a lot of variables there.

Really? I figured the Ion would handle wind better... since it does have that bead.

It does. He probably has mental disposition to a beaded putter so he thinks hes going to throw it worse, therefore he does what his mind tells him hes going to do and throws the ion badly. In reality they both have the exact same core, which means there's no more rim on an ion than there is an anode.. feel on the outside is negligible, but that's about it.

I gave away my anodes to friends who like straighter putters because i found the ion better in wind and also better in almost every situation, for me that is.

the ion has more fade on a drive and quicker dump on a putt, that's about the only difference between them. I find the earlier dump to prevent 3 putting a much better attribute to have in a putter.

It does. He probably has mental disposition to a beaded putter so he thinks hes going to throw it worse, therefore he does what his mind tells him hes going to do and throws the ion badly. In reality they both have the exact same core, which means there's no more rim on an ion than there is an anode.. feel on the outside is negligible, but that's about it.

I gave away my anodes to friends who like straighter putters because i found the ion better in wind and also better in almost every situation, for me that is.

the ion has more fade on a drive and quicker dump on a putt, that's about the only difference between them. I find the earlier dump to prevent 3 putting a much better attribute to have in a putter.
You really should stop spewing crap everywhere every time you type. You are full of it. The bead is less exposed therefore no bead or a microbead. Ion is no better than anode in the wind. Come down and find out. Ill show you. The bead can cause the disc to drift more off its line, the anode is also a tic faster. Go throw a little. Been bagging the ion since the first runs. I know how to throw them.

You really should stop spewing crap everywhere every time you type. You are full of it. The bead is less exposed therefore no bead or a microbead. Ion is no better than anode in the wind. Come down and find out. Ill show you. The bead can cause the disc to drift more off its line, the anode is also a tic faster. Go throw a little. Been bagging the ion since the first runs. I know how to throw them.

You said "the bead messes with you"

Also a bead makes a disc more stable, common disc knowledge, If you throw anode/ion side by side this is very apparent.

A more stable disc will be more wind resistant, also common knowledge.

"The bead can cause the disc to drift more off its line" you mean it slows the disc down faster and makes it fade sooner?

Sorry, I'm just Full of it today. :)

Also a bead makes a disc more stable, common disc knowledge, If you throw anode/ion side by side this is very apparent.

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with this.

Say what you will the anode is just fine in the wind and no sh!t beads tend to make discs more stable. Speed can have that affect too. In4d your absolute truths are fn redicilous. I can and do throw the ion and anodes side by side, the ion drifts, the anode cuts. The ion has a tick more fared, that is all. If you think the ion is considerably more stable than the anode you are also wrong.

What is more stable the vector or tensor? The vector has a bead so it has to be more stable? I think not.

You said "the bead messes with you"

"The bead can cause the disc to drift more off its line" you mean it slows the disc down faster and makes it fade sooner?

Sorry, I'm just Full of it today. :)

Have you ever thrown a Discmania P2? It's an Aviar variant without a bead. It is also the most overstable Aviar made. It is more stable than the small bead Aviar and the big bead Aviar. The Demon is also the most overstable midrange on the market without a bead.

What is wind resistance? Is it a disc's ability to hold it's line across wind conditions? Or is it a disc's ability to travel the same range regardless of conditions? Is it a disc's ability to fade predictably Or is it simply the speed a disc can have air moving over it's wings before it turns?

It's not as simple as "a more stable disc will be more wind resistant" or "beaded discs are more stable. Those are correlations and are not considering all the variables at play. That's dumbing it down too much.

As far as Anode vs. Ion in wind...
The Anode and Ion have about the same HSS. Perhaps the average Ion is just a hair more HSS than the average Anode, but there is so much overlap you cannot simply say that the Ion is more HSS. My Anode may very well be more stable than someone else's Ion.

The Ion's bead mainly affects it's LSS. It starts a bit earlier, and pulls laterally and down harder. Besides that, the bead also makes the Ion's range more affected by wind. Headwinds will slow the disc down faster because the bead causes more air resistance, and tailwinds will carry it farther as the wind has more to push. Lateral winds will also catch the bead more, pushing the disc off it's line more (even if the disc is holding it's angle of release). The bead also makes the disc less nose angle sensitive, which makes it easier to throw consistently.

The Anode cuts the wind better, meaning it's range is less affected by head/tailwinds. It is also pushed less laterally by crosswinds as well. The Anode has less and later LSS, so this can magnify a mistake in the wind. It is more nose angle sensitive, so it relies more on precise user input to perform.

So....It's complicated. If you ask me, I think they are both excellent in the wind for essentially straight putters. I've used both fairly extensively, and with them in my bag I've very rarely had to sideline them because of wind.

Your just splitting hairs.. i didnt bother reading your book discspeed, sorry but i understand my discs well.

I will stick to my claim, that the ion is more wind resistant and more stable than the anode.

move along now

the zone is much more stable than the ion.. LOL. if you added a bead to a zone it would be an even more stable zone though :D

i didnt bother reading your book discspeed, sorry but i understand my discs well.

I will stick to my claim, that the ion is more wind resistant and more stable than the anode.

So let me get this straight, you didn't even read my post because you think it may challenge your understanding of the game?

I've been patient with you, treating you with dignity and respect when others have went on the attack due to the stupidity of your posts. I spend a lot more time on my posts than I should to avoid negativity or making statements that are in any way belittling because the more people we have that understand the basics of what is going on with disc flight, the better the discussions will be.

To say that you didn't even read my post because you think you are so right is disrespecting me. I'm sorry if you've got personal issues going on or whatever, but come here with an open mind and ideas you are willing to back up with logical rhetoric or don't come at all.

:clap::clap::clap:

FWIW adding a bead to the zone and saying it would be more OS is not true at all. Just like saying a disc with dome or one that is flat is more or less stable. All these varibles impact molds differently and there is no true baseline for ranging a disc stability other than PLH which is something not easily measured or illustrated like bead, dome etc.

So let me get this straight, you didn't even read my post because you think it may challenge your understanding of the game?

I've been patient with you, treating you with dignity and respect when others have went on the attack due to the stupidity of your posts. I spend a lot more time on my posts than I should to avoid negativity or making statements that are in any way belittling because the more people we have that understand the basics of what is going on with disc flight, the better the discussions will be.

To say that you didn't even read my post because you think you are so right is disrespecting me. I'm sorry if you've got personal issues going on or whatever, but come here with an open mind and ideas you are willing to back up with logical rhetoric or don't come at all.

I have a very advanced understanding of disc flight and i don't need to write a book or deeply explain myself when saying something to any of you.

discspeed, you took what i said out of context or misunderstanding what i actually meant, maybe i don't spend enough time typing my thoughts clearly enough?

Its obvious enough to me that the ion is more stable than the anode that it didn't require such an in depth explanation.

I went back and read everything you said and i don't disagree with most of it, except the parts where you condescendingly assumed i didn't understand something about disc flight, lol, this is like 5th grade all over again..

:clap::clap::clap:

FWIW adding a bead to the zone and saying it would be more OS is not true at all. Just like saying a disc with dome or one that is flat is more or less stable. All these varibles impact molds differently and there is no true baseline for ranging a disc stability other than PLH which is something not easily measured or illustrated like bead, dome etc.

Adding a bead to any mold will ALWAYS make a disc slow down faster and thus (LSS) fade sooner, not going to waist my time explaining why... but let me ask you this:

Are you saying a bead could potentially make a disc under-stable, depending on the mold?!

:doh: